HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

An apology

Go down 
AuthorMessage

An apology Empty
PostSubject: An apology   An apology Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 11:42 pm

I guess that I should make an apology here. I am writing this because several people have pm'ed me asking for explanation of my comments in the Dermid Returns thread.

Wilhelm's comments refering to a promotion to Contre-Amiral were bold-faced lies on his part, and were expected to be taken as goading the somewhat arrogant newcomer. After all, Wilhelm's arrogant enough for any five nations and hates competition. Razz

I thought it was kind of obvious that a German has no power to promote a member of the French navy, and if anyone had been informed of a coming promotion for one of the naval officers, it would have been Hamish (the character), not Wilhelm.

I assure you all, if there is a promotion or acceptance of anyone to full member, the announcement will be made out of character to avoid any confusion.

Just to make something very clear, my position as officer is strictly out of character, and Wilhelm has no official IC authority over anyone but my alt Elisa, at least not at this time. That may change once we solidify the way the guild is structured, in and out of character, closer to release.

I think that covers all of the points of confusion, but if there's anything else, just let me know.

In the meantime, Wilhelm is feeling rather smug. And praying very, very hard that it doesn't backfire... Which it probably will. He plans on claiming a misunderstanding the second this blows up. pirat
Back to top Go down

An apology Empty
PostSubject: Re: An apology   An apology Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 1:36 pm

Seems I let my over eagerness to become a “made” member get the better of me in this case… For that, I should probably be the one to apologize.
Back to top Go down

An apology Empty
PostSubject: Re: An apology   An apology Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 4:11 pm

Oh so that promotion wasn't real? Darn, that makes my character look like an idiot... again lol. No need to apologize.. sometimes jokes and sarcasm can't be read easily in RP conditions unless specified via italics or actions.
Back to top Go down

An apology Empty
PostSubject: Re: An apology   An apology Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:10 pm

I'm back and I'll be slowly catching up over the next few days. I saw this and thought "Drama! Oh Dear!".

Thankfully, now that I've read that thread, there is little need for an apology so I will rest easy.

Cheers! And welcome to all those new visitors and recruits!
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

An apology Empty
PostSubject: Re: An apology   An apology Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Welcome back Dermid. That was a fast ten days. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

An apology Empty
PostSubject: Re: An apology   An apology Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 12:41 am

I figure, when in doubt, apologize. If a simple apology will save everyone some trouble, so be it. This of course only applies when I've done something that could be considered wrong. I do think we got some good drama out of it. Maybe even some more good stuff in future.

Regardless, welcome back Dermid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An apology Empty
PostSubject: Re: An apology   An apology Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An apology
Page 1 of 1