HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

My stab at RP

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My stab at RP Empty
PostSubject: My stab at RP   My stab at RP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 9:24 am

I have thrown up a thread on Copper Penny entitled Vytautas Klimaitis - The beginning. It is my attempt to give the background on my Lithuanian sailor. The basic premise behind Vytautas is that he is very devout and prays to his patron saint, St. Casimir. Whether St. Casimir really answers his prayers or not is open to debate, but in Vytautas's mind it makes no difference. Good things happen when he prays to Casimir. Perhaps it would have happened without the prayer, but he did pray, and it did happen, so you decide.

Vytautas is very loyal, pious, and chaste. Yes, the dear lad values celibacy. He is not a monk by any means, but he emulates Casimir who was also celibate. Perhaps some day he will meet the right woman who will change this, but so far Vytautas is far too involved with the sea and has no time for romance. Although he does appreciate beautiful women, he finds it difficult to talk around them and will blush if they compliment him.

I hope you enjoy the stories. Vytautas is the easiest for me to roleplay as I am of Lithuanian heritage. I remember my grandmother, and still have cousins in Lithuania. I pattern his speech from what I remember of theirs. You will notice that often times Vytautas uses a word that is close to being correct, but misses the mark just a bit. Often this produces hilarious results, which will baffle Vytautas.

Enjoy the stories.
Back to top Go down

My stab at RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: My stab at RP   My stab at RP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:32 pm

They are really good I enjoy them greatly.
Back to top Go down

My stab at RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: My stab at RP   My stab at RP Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 4:28 am

I too have enjoyed your tale. I look forward to the next installment.
Back to top Go down

My stab at RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: My stab at RP   My stab at RP Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 4:41 am

Good story! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

My stab at RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: My stab at RP   My stab at RP Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:47 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try to keep the story interesting. My intent is to bring Vytautas's tale up to current time. After that I am not sure. Perhaps I will tel Conagh and Andrew's story as well.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

My stab at RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: My stab at RP   My stab at RP Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:21 am

Very good story and you really do a good job with playing his cultural background. For the longest time I didn't even know he was your alt. I assumed he was just an ethnic friend of yours that you play with. Well done!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My stab at RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: My stab at RP   My stab at RP Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:20 pm

I thank you for the compliment. I did not mean to deceive anyone into thinking that I was another person. It is good to know that my RP was believable. It makes it all the more fun I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My stab at RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: My stab at RP   My stab at RP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My stab at RP
Page 1 of 1