HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Bump into a lost sailor

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Bump into a lost sailor Empty
PostSubject: Bump into a lost sailor   Bump into a lost sailor Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:39 pm

The other evening I have had the pleasure to bump into Captain Emile de Montfort, who from what I hear, was lost at sea for last couple of months. We had a long and most pleasant conversation, he being quite a bit disoriented after being away from the Burning Sea for such a long time and myself quite a bit interested in learning what he had gone through, but i will let him recount his most amazing adventure.

He was also quite interested in learning what had happened to you all and to the Confederacy and sad i must say that Mam and myself had left to join another group.

I am quite confident that he will visit you shortly.

Fare well friends.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: Bump into a lost sailor   Bump into a lost sailor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:09 am

While its good to hear that Emile is back in the game and I have nothing but respect for him let me state this. He left the Highland Confederacy while we were still on Bonny and played for some time after that. I too look forward to hearing his account of what has happend to give him concern for the Confederacy given he left when he was a leader and the group needed leadership, and joined a group which for the most part isn't around anymore. I have seen 1 or 2 of the others which left at that time and are currently in one of the other societies but they are no longer together. While we are much smaller we have grown more closer now as a group. There may be no more than a handfull of us left now but we carry on with the spirt of the Confedercy alive in our lives.

((The above message is from my charactor and doesn't reflect my personal feelings. Good to see you back on the Seas Emile and hope your up to a little drama here. Wink ))

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Bump into a lost sailor   Bump into a lost sailor Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:40 pm

You'll have to forgive Captain Larkin, he's still a little hungover from celebrating his son's promotion to Flag Rank. Most of my crew were prostrate on the floor, and I myself was immobilized in a most unladylike slouch, but no, Captain Larkin insisted on calling for one more puncheon of rum to be breached.

We've all had to make difficult choices as Confederates and I don't begrudge Commodore de Montfort any of his. As a member of the French navy it was always clear that he was bound to serve other interests than those exclusive to the Confederacy. I for one am happy to know that he is still alive and not shipwrecked, imprisoned, or, like poor Benoit, extinguished by his own hand.

He was always an able commander on the occasions I sailed with him, and lord knows France needs all the able leaders it can get at this point. Biloxi and Belle Isle have fallen in quick succession. Our navy is quick to whine when it can't get ships and shot, but where is it when the industrial ports are threatened?

Hmm, maybe I can find the remains of the puncheon around here somewhere. . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Bump into a lost sailor   Bump into a lost sailor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:43 pm

((Thanks for the welcome; I'm glad to be back. As for the promised drama, I look forward to it Very Happy. For now I'm not going to be too horribly active, but once we move past the holidays, my work schedule will drop off once more and I should even have a short story written offering some explanation to Émile's long absence from the Caribbean. With your permission, I would like to post it both here and on the community forum. Either way, I hope to run in to all of those still left, and would even be agreeable to some sort of Christmas gathering... 'Til then.)
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Bump into a lost sailor   Bump into a lost sailor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:21 am

(I like the idea of a Christmas gathering, one that would be open perhaps to members of the Confederacy and allies--Rejean? Fantastik? Chantilly? any interest?. Realistically, we might have to make it a "holiday" gathering since family obligations has to work around those (I know, I know, family cutting into your game playing time, what is the world coming to!). But I like the idea. Any interest?

BTW, I like the holiday missions that were included, so if you haven't done them yet I'd recommend that (and then we could do a proper gift swap at the holiday gathering). The way the missions emphasize the polyglot nature of the Caribbean is quite engaging, even if I now can't get that song about the wren out of my head. . .).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bump into a lost sailor   Bump into a lost sailor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bump into a lost sailor
Page 1 of 1