HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

To The Highland Confederacy

Go down 
AuthorMessage

To The Highland Confederacy Empty
PostSubject: To The Highland Confederacy   To The Highland Confederacy Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:32 pm

Greetings to the Officers and Members of the Highland Confederacy,

I am Dennis Bainbridge, a Privateer currently operating out of Charlesfort with letters of Marque and Reprisal from His Majesty the King of France.

I am an Englishman but, do not hold the current pretender to the throne as the lawful monarch of England, but as a base usurper. Our family welcomed the rule of Our Soveriegn King James II, as recusants we gratefuly acknowleged a soveriegn that would allow us to worship in accord with our conscience. We deemed the acts of parliment unlawful

I am proud to lend my assistance to your glorious cause to resist the tyrants oppressing freedom loving englshmen.

I remain sincerely yours,

Dennis Bainbridge

Hello my name is LeRoy I am software engineer by profession and enjoy MMOs among other things as a form relaxation.

I have experience in MMOs; SWG, EQ II and I'm still involved with Lord of the Rings Online and EVE Online.

I am a mature individual, I help and support whatever group I'm involved with. I do however have a life outside online games.

For me, role playing is that element that aides in the immersion of an MMO. I have always played on roleplaying servers even when I didn't roleplay much myself. There always seemed to be a more positive atmosphere around roleplayers. I think it would be interesting to join a roleplaying group. I have never belonged to one previously, so I'm sort of new to this. Though my LOTRO kinship does have some light roleplaying.

I've always had some interest in this period and the Jacobite and English recusant movements of this period. I look forward to meeting all of you in-game.

Sincerely yours

LeRoy Bainbridge, Anaheim California.
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: To The Highland Confederacy   To The Highland Confederacy Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:19 pm

Deoiridh sat back and stared meditatively at the letter from. . .who was it again?. . .a master Bainbridge. A solid English name if ever there was one. But this was an interesting turn of events. An Englishman prepared to overcome the traditional condescencion of his countrymen toward the Scots and join with their cause. But in truth she was hardly surprised. In her business dealings she had been running into ever more disaffected Englishman, those lured to the Caribbean with the promises of wealth and social status, or simply press ganged into the brutalities of the English navy. She, like the surviving members of the Confederacy, had long ago concluded that this was not a conflict of nations but of beliefs about human freedom.

She pulled a fresh sheet of paper toward her. . .

(OOC: Welcome Dennis! Thanks for your interest in the Confederacy. I'll add you as a member here on the boards and also add you in-game to the Society as well. Feel free to ask any questions about the society (most of the general conversation happens in La Poulice), or about RP, developing your character, etc. How long have you been playing POTBS, by the way?))

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: To The Highland Confederacy   To The Highland Confederacy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:00 am

A sanassach! Ye god.

However anyone who is for the lawfull rulers of the land is welcome at Clann MacTamhais' hearth.

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: To The Highland Confederacy   To The Highland Confederacy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:28 am

Welcome Dennis to the Confederacy. I look foward to meeting you in the next few days. As the leader of the Merchant's Council I offer you any assistance you might have in these requards. I also am a ship maker so if you have a need just ask. As to the assistance of the group we are pretty self reliant however if your looking for employement the Lankin Shipyard is always in need of a suplier of some sort. I would say if your fairly new to the Florida area I would recomend you setup your first commerce area in Tampa. You will find the waters are a bit less botherd by the war as compaired to Grenville.

If you see me or one of my sons just give us a shout. We would be glade to help if we can.

Namo Larkin

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: To The Highland Confederacy   To The Highland Confederacy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Welcome to the Carribean. The waters teem with enemies...ah..targets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Highland Confederacy   To The Highland Confederacy Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:27 am

Moonlight glistens off the water as the logboat pulls up to the side of the Adventuress. A figure clambers up the side of the ship and is greeted by a bundled figure wearing a briscone.

"Captain, what's the news in port?"

Captain Bainbridge turns back signals the Coxswain waiting below to return to Charlsfort. "Ah! Mr. Pulleyn, not good I'm afraid still recovering from a recent pirate raid. I've picked up what post as could found, best distribute it to the men."

"Aye Captain!"

Weary Captain Bainbridge leans against the railing and opens a missive addressed to him. Turning it to catch some light from a nearby watch lamp, he sees that it's from one named... Deoiridh. Hmm... He reads on:

Greetings Captain Bainbridge from the Highland Confederacy...

(OOC: Thank you all for such a warm welcom, real life has kept busy of late. This will tend to happen at times especially as projects come due as they are currently.

As to my experience in POTBS, I was in the open beta, and played for six months afterward. I dropped out and recently came back on the 14-day trial that was offered to former players. I've dropped many of my old characters and decided to start over. Looking forward to meeting you in-game)
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: To The Highland Confederacy   To The Highland Confederacy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:47 am

[Denis, no problem about the RL interruptions, they afflict us all from time to time. And welcome back to POTBS! I think you are coming back at an interesting time. The game went through the inevitable rough patch in terms of population there for a while (I only know of two MMORPGs that haven't gone through the boom, bust, and recover cycle) but it seems as if things are picking up again. I've noticed a lot of new players on recently, particularly from Europe, and quite a few returning ones. And as soon as they get this AvCom thing behind them I hope they will be moving on to more substantive additions to the game.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To The Highland Confederacy   To The Highland Confederacy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To The Highland Confederacy
Page 1 of 1