HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Easter Ball

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:44 am

Back to the original topic...

I've given no small amount of thought to the idea that prizes for the activities that go on during this ball need to be exceptionally good.

Last year's ball netted me an MC Raa, which was a very nice gift back in the day. However, most of the population are level 50 or close to it nowadays, so giving away ships that any given character would be able to appreciate is a difficult task indeed, being so dependent on class and personal play-style. Not to mention that most of the popular level 50 ships are expensive refits and bundleships...

Emile and I have decided that, ideally, we'd like to give something both worthwhile and class- or playstyle- independant: lineship bundles. Nearly everyone can use them, and they're not hard to sell if you don't want to or can't use them. We figure even maybe the RP-curious or RP-friendly might show up to observe or *gasp* participate if the rewards are good enough.

There's only one small issue with giving away LSB - they cost money and time to make. While funding one isn't so bad - I can do that just by myself - funding and finding the labor & parts for more than that is a bit harder. And we're thinking like we'll need maybe 3 of them.

I guess the point of this little ramble is that I'm looking for some help in this department, either in terms of donating cash or volunteering labor. I'm not expecting anything from anyone, and when it comes to labor or parts I'll do my best to make sure people get reimbursed for it. If you don't have any of the above in great supply at this very moment, volunteers to help do "the dailies" in various ports and donate them to the ball fund are always appreciated too.

Just thought I'd put that out there. Once again, not expecting anything, and whatever we do end up with in terms of prizes when ball time comes around is just what we have, and it'll be good.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:03 am

I have the LSB's so you don't have to make them per say. Cost to make one is just over 300k for me will have to verify it for sure since I pay to have some of the parts done for me. I am not going to take more than 250k for them personally and would accept less if need be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:51 am

Shocked

Seriously? Have I told you I love you recently? Wait, don't answer that.

250k is a much more than fair price... you're sure about that? Not that I want to put us all in the poor house, but neither do I want to feel like it's highway robbery.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:59 am

Yes really. To keep this totally open this is my offer. For the Ball I am willing to sell up to 3 LSB's at 250k db each. I would also accept either cash or assistance in completing the Dailies of which I would donate half of what I get from them to reduce the cost more.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:24 am

Mon ami, we have a deal.

I can pay for one of them in cash up-front immediately. The other two, we'll work something out when we can chat real-time tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:04 am

I now have 3 LSB in my possession, ready for the ball. ^_^ Thanks again Namo.

And also thanks for the RP on the dock, I always enjoy having an audience of disaffected Frenchmen who undoubtedly turned off local the minute I started chattering on. Still, I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:01 pm

Nice do we need to prep anything else? and what was our final list of events?

I know there was the traditional best dressed/couples etc.
The card game
Sword tourney
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Marcus Villnius wrote:
Nice do we need to prep anything else?
The card game

Could you post the rules for that please? Either in this thread or, more likely, in another one. Unless they were ever posted someplace that wasn't CdIO that I don't remember about...

And actually, if we could practice {lumbergh} that would be greeeeat {lumbergh}
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:30 am

Moved the 3 LSB to Charlesfort for the free, 100% safe, regional auction hall warehouse. They're on my alt at the moment. I figure we can offer delivery to any port not in a red zone after the ball, since I don't expect everyone to drag boats with 250+ capacity with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:38 am

What if we did a vote thing for a most valued RPer?
I mean don't even tell anyone until the voting so it's not a huge drama competition.
I was just thinking that a little reward for whoevers the life of the party would be nice.
Besides me of course since my charm is legendary Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:48 am

Seamus O'Flynn wrote:
What if we did a vote thing for a most valued RPer?
I mean don't even tell anyone until the voting so it's not a huge drama competition.
I was just thinking that a little reward for whoevers the life of the party would be nice.

I'd be okay with this ONLY as long as it didn't have a prize associated with it and was an "unannounced" competition. Otherwise, I really don't want to be wandering about judging people for their RP skillz, because I don't want to discourage anyone because they think they're not good enough.

Seamus O'Flynn wrote:
Besides me of course since my charm is legendary Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:52 am

I petitioned the Bacon Goddess for a little help re: keeping the RP ball thread afloat on the Antigua main forum. Cross your fingers for a sticky.

But there are a lot of people that don't really read forums. So, if you have ideas on how we might get the word out now that we're within two weeks here, now is the time to speak.

I'm not against sailing around and yelling in Area chat about it. In fact, I would totally do that. As an alt character, mind you, but still.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:30 am

And we've been stickied! Off to worship Bacon Goddess Danicia gratuitously for her favor.

Quote :
@FLS_Danicia All hail the great bacon goddess, who hath plucked the
sinking RP Ball thread from the depths to anoint it on high.

I'm nothing if not over-dramatic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:13 pm

And my gratuitous amounts of sucking up have netted us even more favor:

Danicia wrote:
I'll pass it around in case any one here wants to drop by.

We have secondary Dev contact, I repeat, we have secondary Dev contact.

I think I have a contact high from even receiving a PM from the goddess herself.

I wonder if it was my singing "did you ever know that you're my hero" that did the trick...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Excellent. You'll know you have made it big in the RP world though when FLS staff starts seeking YOU out. -sighs in wistfull rememberence of Anarchy Online-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:15 am

Cathern Flowers wrote:
Excellent. You'll know you have made it big in the RP world though when FLS staff starts seeking YOU out.

That's the goal, anyway... going to keep beating on their door until they recognize that RPers are important, and that they should include us in stuff! Yep.

/breaks out the protest signs/

Support teh RP! Higher wages! We're here, we're queer...

You get the idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Marcus Villnius wrote:
Nice do we need to prep anything else?

Anyone who'd be nice enough to prep or lend an alt to be used as an announcer would be good. That individual will probably need diplo on said alt, so that means at least level 15, or having a main char paying attention to pass such things along.

Unless by some miracle FLS is willing to help us out on that...

That reminds me - everyone who's coming, go get diplo while I'm thinking about it! Pensacola or PaP, general trainer, go go go.

Anyone who doesn't have diplo will be flogged. Or will need someone willing to group with them and translate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Crowns and Swords/ Devil’s and Daggers

A game for nobility and rogue alike

Minimal requirement of 3 players

1 Dealer
2-6 players (ideal range)

1) The dealer will notify all players at the table that the cards are being shuffled and dealt. Each player will then /tell the dealer their secret number between 0-1000.

Once the dealer has received all player number he/she will begin “dealing” face up cards.

2) Each player (required) will /roll for their first cards. Initial round of betting occurs with preset limit.

After the last bet is placed the dealer will begin dealing the next round of cards.

3) Each player will have the option too /roll. “check” or fold. After the player that remain in play have wagered the round ends

After the last bet is placed the dealer will begin dealing the next round of cards.

4) Each player will have the option too /roll. “check” or fold. After the player that remain in play have wagered the round ends.

The Goal: Players must be as close to 1500 as possible without going over. Players over 1500 total points can attempt to bluff to victory, however it is a gamble.

The dealer maintains score throughout each round. Players can rotate dealer to allow each participant to play. Dealer begins dealing to the right.

That should be it. If anyone has any questions or revisions from when it was playtested let me know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Personally, I think we should have another play-test just so we can re-familiarize ourselves with the game sometime before the ball. The sooner the better. I'd also like for those of us on the Executive Planning Committee (read: anyone who plans to go to the ball Very Happy) to get together and write out a sort of agenda for what exactly we plan to do and when, and to decide on the wording for the formal invitation we still need to send out. On that note, if anyone happens to be really good in photoshop and wouldn't mind designing something for us, I'd be eternally grateful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Émile deMontfort wrote:
Personally, I think we should have another play-test just so we can re-familiarize ourselves with the game sometime before the ball. The sooner the better.

Word. Maybe Friday, if we get countergrinded/sunk at wherever I end up splashing around. Or whenever, actually, I'm all for fake gambling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:22 pm

Here's what I've come up with on my own for the invitation... Any thoughts, ideas, and/or critiques are more than welcome.

Quote :
Dear Sirs or Madams,

You are hereby cordially invited to share in our celebrations of Easter
Tidings on the seventeenth day of April in this year of our Lord, 1720.
The Lord Governor of Fort Caroline has most graciously granted us the
use of his Estate and its grounds so that you, our most esteemed
guests, will feel comfortable and most welcome. The festivities will
begin at or around eight o’clock in the evening and shall conclude,
hours later, with a formal ball to rival even those in Europe.

I personally look forward to seeing you in attendance.

With regards, I am,
Le Marquis, Émile Jacques Frédéric deMontfort
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Here is a cool find on all sorts of etiquette for most formal occasions even invitation standards

http://tinyurl.com/cz53cn

Last edited by Marcus Villnius on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Frightning long link is frightening. Edit for TinyURL plz. (EDIT: TY!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:09 pm

I have a one-shot Ventrilo server acquired for the ball.

uranium.typefrag.com
port 11897
no password (yet)

I'll be handing this information out via PM to whoever wants it on the main boards. On ball day, I'll be putting up a password that will be passed out only to ball attendees, to limit the possibility that we'll be crashed by griefers. Not that I can't quickly circumvent them, as it takes me about 10 seconds to move the server location, but I'd prefer not to have trouble at all.

Marcus has been building us a super awesome ball playlist. Go DJ BEO w00t
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:15 pm

3 plus hours and counting
ranging from trumpet fanfares, waltz, dances, watermusik, music for the royal fireworks, even throwing in a small sea shanty segment for the post ball wind down bounce I'll preview it this weekend for comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   

Back to top Go down

Easter Ball
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next