HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Easter Ball

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Easter Ball - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:27 am

Chantilly wrote:
Intend to also send PM reminders to everyone who showed at least a mild to moderate interest on the FLS boards. Just in case.

Also completed. I am the task master this morning.
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:18 pm

Émile deMontfort wrote:

What sort of host would I be if I did not see to my guests and ensure that they are having a good time?

You would be me! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Chantilly wrote:

Don't make Chantilly get defensive of her territory... you cougar you.

/rolls on floor with tears of laughter/

Not those kind of plans. Rolling Eyes Good lord, Chantilly, not everyone has the same thoughts as you when confronted with male physiology!

Besides, he's too scrawny.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Deoiridh wrote:
Not those kind of plans. Rolling Eyes Good lord, Chantilly, not everyone has the same thoughts as you when confronted with male physiology!
That's probably best for the future continuation of the human race.

Deoiridh wrote:
Besides, he's too scrawny.
Me personally, I'd agree with you. But I think Chantilly would beg to differ.

Last edited by Chantilly on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Well, it's not exactly the big time, but:

Danicia's Twitter wrote:
Working hard on updating our Social network sites today. PotBS MySpace is first. Added RP events to its calendar, clean up spam and such.

Someone who hates MySpace less than me... go check for that. Because I'm sorry, I just can't will myself to look at that place. Especially not at work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:40 pm

On it.

EDIT: I'm probably just dumb, but I can't even find the calendar to check it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Okay, you have to be a friend to see it. And she added both Rhum and Wench night and our Ball Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:04 pm

Is "Rhum" even a correct spelling? Or was that a mistake by the OP?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Probably the latter... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:30 am

For those who hadn't already noticed... we totally got devlogged.

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53580

Okay, so it's a mini-devlog, and Danicia's not technically a dev. But it's close enough to count in my mind, because goes on the front page of the main site for a few days. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:48 pm

I think I'll work up a pre-ball test feed set of music for early arrivals. Probably do something of no more than 1 hour to maybe 1 1/2 of just "stuff". Maybe I'll throw in some fiddly diddly music Very Happy to appease...How did Seamus put it?

~poor uncultured Micks geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:52 am

Global password for the Ball vent server is "bacongoddess", so you can set up whenever you need to tonight without waiting for me to get home, Marcus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:25 am

Marcus Villnius wrote:
I think I'll work up a pre-ball test feed set of music for early arrivals. Probably do something of no more than 1 hour to maybe 1 1/2 of just "stuff".

"Here's to the finest crew in Starfleet!

Captain Jean Luc-Picard of the USS Enterprise..." Very Happy

Did I ever send you the mp3?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:45 am

not for that song Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:07 am

Marcus Villnius wrote:
not for that song Very Happy

Sent. Very Happy

Now we're ready for the ball. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:39 pm

the ball vent server must have some setting where idle users go into the lobby after about 15 min. If you can may want to switch that off or increase the time setting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Marcus Villnius wrote:
the ball vent server must have some setting where idle users go into the lobby after about 15 min. If you can may want to switch that off or increase the time setting

Okay, I think I found the setting and switched it off. Fire away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:14 am

Ball recap can be found here:

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?p=705597#post705597

We had over 40 different characters come through this evening, plus Danicia and Rhaegar!

It was a great night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:31 am

Bravo to all who planned and attended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:29 am

Some ball feedback:

Quote :
Thank you for the lovely party.

I didn't know about the Ventrilo channel until after it was over! D'oh!

It was wonderful for you to organize, and hopefully can foster some more camaraderie among the players of different factions. Which, if this board is any indicator, need more camaraderie in general than ever.

I'd like to suggest, next time, a possible primer on some of the characters and their backstories that could be circulated before the event; Rumors we might have heard about this person and that, the 'gossip' behind the party itself. It would add dimension, as well as give a hook to explain the behavior of certain characters toward others. In some cases, I felt as if I was coming in the middle episode of a series, so some things were a mite confusing. That's realistic, but I am sure the backstories would be entertaining to know as well.

I don't usually come on this board, because of the vague overall negativity to be found here by and about members of the British nation...and y frustration at being unable to change it. But if you would be so kind as to email me when these events are coming, or if there are ways I might help out, I would be most happy. Perhaps I can continue to try and improve the British image as a whole.

My email address is .

Again, I thank you for your efforts. I think it was splendid.

And I know if I wear my hat, next time, I am a shoo-in for Best Dressed Brit. Smile

Most sincerely,

Jonathan
-That AWACs guy-
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:03 pm

The feedback on the FLS boards has been hugely positive. In fact, a lot of people, like the poster above, seemed happy just to have an event in the game that was positive in tone!

I've added a post asking for feedback about possible improvements to the event or for ideas for what could help similar events. We have the devs attention at the moment, but it might also be useful for anyone planning the next event. So head on over and weigh in with your two cents.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:46 pm

Glad it went well. Unfortunatly I was sound asleep for it though.
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:06 pm

Cathern Flowers wrote:
Glad it went well. Unfortunatly I was sound asleep for it though.

That's OK, we talked about you in your absence. Seriously, we did. Nice little bit of RP with Seamus and Madame Laurent. She hasn't met you so we were trying to describe you (Seamus without sounding too gushy). I described you as a lady of considerable refinement who was also the most feared Privateer this side of Port Royale (and Seamus and I added in unison--it was quite spooky--and the other side of PR too). Amelie played along and scoffed at the notion that anyone on this side of the ocean could be "refined." So you were there in spirit! And Seamus deeply regretted your absence.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Ah, well that sounds nice. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easter Ball
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4