HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Captain Iain MacMurray reporting

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Captain Iain MacMurray reporting Empty
PostSubject: Captain Iain MacMurray reporting   Captain Iain MacMurray reporting Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Oi there!

The nameís Iain MacMurray. Captain Iain MacMurray. Formerly of the Royal Scots Navy, and as of late, a valued crew member amongst the Royal British Navy. ĎTis not much else to tell you folks, other than that I am a Scot looking for some countrymen to fight alongside in this part oí the world. I come from a wee fishing family in the Highlands, and have been sailing me whole life. Naught but a bit oí misfortune that sends me to your door, looking for a bit oí help and for some other Celts to partner with. Weíre all a wee bit far from home, and one more friend couldnít hurt anyone, could it?

If youíre looking for a character reference, Kaeldurn La Roche is a bonny friend oí mine, and Iím sure he can do a bit of explaining as to my abilities. I hope to be in contact with you folk soon, as itís getting mighty lonely out there on the seas by myself.

My Gaming History:

New to the game of PotBS, however I have experience with other MMOs. I started my career at WoW, eventually ending up as the lead hunter for a prominent raiding guild (#2 on our server). Hanging up my boots before BC came out, I moved on to following WARs development, which I did until release. Playing that for a while got me a lot more PvP focused, and made me think a lot more about beating other people. Iíve always been rather competitive, but it never really materialized in an MMO up until that point. Because of this, I find enjoyment out of both PvE and PvP gameplay, so Iím rather easy to please in terms of events.

As for my role-playing history, this is where I really come into my own. Iíve been role-playing for years, going back to D&D with my friends and then all the way up to right now where Iím preparing to kick off another campaign using 4th ed. Over this time, Iíve been using other systems as well, with huge differences in games over this period. Iím really partial to the WHFRP but thatís neither here nor there. Iím also a big fan of forum role-playing, having participated in several free-form forum role-playing guilds. It was actually here where I really started expanding in my abilities, due to the superior calibre of my companions. Because of the rather elitist surroundings, I tend to be very critical of my own work and have high standards that I impose on myself.

As for more general information on me.

Iím an 18 year old kid from Canada, fresh out of high school. I live on the West Coast, and am generally a typical nerd. Iíve been tabletop wargaming for nearly ten years, playing P&P RPGs for a large portion of that time as well. Been gaming since I was four (quite literally, but thatís a whole other story), and havenít stopped since. Iím a big fan of History, specifically 20th Century and the Medieval Period, but Iím not against learning about any part. I routinely partake in games of Diplomacy and various other TT games that fit in with the aforementioned interests (Anyone ever played the Squad Leader series?)

PotBS forum Name: None at time of application.

Profession: Naval Officer 20 (At time of writing, should be 21-22 in a few hours)

What is RP: ďContributing with other authors to write a single storyĒ is probably the best way Iíve heard RP described to me. To me itís everyone participating together to create a compelling storyline, or just to help others enjoy themselves more.

Why RP: I love it. Iím an amateur writer, and Iíve always enjoyed writing. It combines two of my hobbies, and I tend to bring role-playing to almost everything I do, which has led to some awkward situations.

Reason to join: Kaeldurn has recommended you guys, and heís not the easiest guy to please. So when he says good things, I tend to look into it.

Questions: Is the IC portion of this application suitable? I prefer to usually do a full short story, but I couldnít think of a suitable length thing for just one guy that didnít seem pretentious or unrealistic.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Iain MacMurray reporting   Captain Iain MacMurray reporting Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:32 pm

((The application's fine. Welcome aboard. I'm pleased to see we've caught the eye of people with longstanding RP/gaming pedigrees... I hope that we'll live up to expectations.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Iain MacMurray reporting   Captain Iain MacMurray reporting Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 6:34 pm

Refuse him. Seriously, he's TEH SATANZ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Iain MacMurray reporting   Captain Iain MacMurray reporting Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Captain_Kael wrote:
he's TEH SATANZ.
Sorry, that's not possible... that role has already been taken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Iain MacMurray reporting   Captain Iain MacMurray reporting Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:01 am

…mile deMontfort wrote:
Captain_Kael wrote:
he's TEH SATANZ.
Sorry, that's not possible... that role has already been taken.

((He's the closest thing to Satan that is allowed.

He's Devil-Cat.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Iain MacMurray reporting   Captain Iain MacMurray reporting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain Iain MacMurray reporting
Page 1 of 1