Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Empty
PostSubject: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 3:12 am

IC Intro:

Highland Confedacy.

Bonjour Monsiers.

I am a French Naval Officer Captain Totlen of the Royal Ship the Tigre.
I have had a Letter from His Majasety King Louies XVI to help you in your cause againest the English Scum.

My Orders are to protect your supply lines, and to help in any battles that you have planned. You Have me and my Ship the Tigre.

Hope this letter reaches you currantly i am aboard my ship protecting a French Supply Ship to Restock the French War Ships in the Carrabain.

Your New Friend Captain Tolten, Captain of the Tigre.

Character Description: Captain Tolten, Of the Ship Tigre. I was young Joining the French Navy starting out. But as years and time past i built up rank and respect from my fellow officers. Now after 10 long years of learning how to be Captain, I was praised when i was given the command of the Ship Tigre.

Out of Character Section

Player Description: Jeff. Other games i have played is WOW, SWG. Will juggle my Game Time around my Rugby and College, But will get on as much as i can. Once i get into a game i will play it alot Very Happy

Official Forum Name: Tolten

Profession: Naval Officer of the French Navy. Or will turn Privateer if it will protect your Company.

What is RP to you?
Always fun. Helps keep the game intresting. Always gets you out of real life and worries. Basically a laugh.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy?
I would want to join the Highland Confederacy, as it has a good story, looks well organised. Obviously being French Characters (other wise i wouldnt App) Looks like it will be good and enjoyable society.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 4:33 am

Nice to have you interested. So, umm, do you have a name aside from Tolten?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 5:13 am

I am Called Totlen as a Sirname. My Name is

Captain Jeffrey Totlen.

As my Parents were Welsh Jeffrey Is my First name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:07 am

OOC: Welcome and thanks for app. I'm a bit interested in your thoughts on Navy vs. Privateer.

In the big picture, navy officers should be a small subset of the guild with a focus more on merchants and privateers - I think that simply goes along with the theme much better.

That said, I think the #1 priority is active, involved, excited, RP oriented players. So I'd choose a great naval player above the ideal guild structure.

Make sense? Thoughts or comments? Again, welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:21 am

More support from King Louis XV i see... Well the more support from the crown the better I suppose. Only show's their belief in our cause, and I would hope this would become an ongoing trend.

Hopefully with more naval officers we will be able to control material heavy ports with our military influence, and free traders such as myself can come and go as we see fit.

This application is welcome news.

((OOC) Welcome and good luck with your application!)

Last edited by on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Yes King Lousie Sends me to aid you, And is very interested in seeing you succeed in you Conquest for Freedom.

((OCC thank you all))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 11:36 pm

OCC: Welcome to the forums Tolten! Hmm, why does it remind me of Tolkien?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 3:58 am

Olaf Susiluoto wrote:
OCC: Welcome to the forums Tolten! Hmm, why does it remind me of Tolkien?

OCC: Does it?. Didnt base it on Tolkien used it as a character name on other games. So kept it. Anyway Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:05 am

It made me think the same thing and reminds that I saw something where basically you type mess up middle letters in any phrase as long as the first and last letter are the same and the word is the same length and you can read it.

Hree wolud be an exalmpe of scuh a odd thnig.

Anyway back on topic:

What type of character are looking at? A pretty formal officer type or a fringe type officer, more privateer oriented character? Note: not specific class, but more playstyle and character background.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:28 am

Tolten,

Welcome from me as well, we are going to add you as a recruit, but I had a question for you also.

You say you are Welsh, but you plan to be a Naval Officer. Could you give us a bit of an idea of how a Welshman became an officer in the French Marine Royale? As we are RP and as I said in our PMs that Naval Officers are a rare addition to the Confederacy, the story needs to make sense and fit. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:57 am

Dermid Gavin wrote:

What type of character are looking at? A pretty formal officer type or a fringe type officer, more privateer oriented character? Note: not specific class, but more playstyle and character background.

OCC: I am here to support Merchants, so basically i will be half and half. I guess formal to protect Merchants but also plunder enemy ships to help the Society. Such as The contents of a merchant ship i will offer my price for half its worth to society, then is no takers i will aunction it off.

You say you are Welsh, but you plan to be a Naval Officer. Could you give us a bit of an idea of how a Welshman became an officer in the French Marine Royale? As we are RP and as I said in our PMs that Naval Officers are a rare addition to the Confederacy, the story needs to make sense and fit. Thanks!

For this my Farther was welsh and travelled to paris, and all over france to take advantage of its rish fasion (as he sold cloths materials) and economy. Yet he fell in love to my Mother who was a wealthy lady in france.
After learning the basics off my farther, from on his merchant ship, i wanted to carry this sailing career on but as a merchant. Yet news had come from my Uncle that the English had travelled to their village and killed my 2 Cousins, yet another letter 3 days later came saying that the whole of my faimily in that villige was killed, after not being able to pay the English Scums high taxes. So as my Mother was Rich i was admitted into the Navy training as an officer, always in persuate of killing the English and Striking painful blows to them as revenge for my faimily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Sounds good! Thanks for that additional information. Holding an old personal injury against the mean British is something that I've based Dermid on as well. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:34 pm

Dermid Gavin wrote:
Sounds good! Thanks for that additional information. Holding an old personal injury against the mean British is something that I've based Dermid on as well. Smile

Cheers, Thought there has to be some passion for hating the English
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application   Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain Tolten Reporting for Duty, Application
Page 1 of 1