HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

A New Night for the Confederacy

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:40 pm

"I'll hold you to that," Olaf said as he responded with a larger smile and a handshake. (OCC:Thanks for filling me up Murphy I was a little absent at the time)

"I thank and salute you all! May our friendship be long and healthy!"

"But now we have more urgent matters to attend than celebrate. We must make haste on finding Hamish! What good will my promotion do If I dont have a leader to obey! Lets make haste comrades!"

(OCC: Jej, Im a member! Very Happy Thank you all and its been (and it continues to be) a pleasure to (pre)play with you all Razz

Muchos congratz to Jaq too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 7:25 am

Dermid gives Capitaine Brodeur a quick nod. "Congratulations good captain."

Obviously agreeing with Wilhelm's assessment, Dermid turns to him and says, "I think you are right. We should at least go out and give a quick check of the area. But I doubt there is little more than an empty bottle at the end of this."

"Olaf and I will leave through the front. Wilhelm, why don't you and the others use the private exits in the back. I'm not one to search long. He's been around and I don't see him vanishin' anytime soon."

With that Dermid gestures to Olaf that it is time to depart. Dermid takes his leave from the Albatross and steps into the darkness of the night. A nice breezy blows off the ocean and the night is clear and pleasant. Dermid thinks to himself, "I had half expected something terrible, but I think I still must be unsteady from the storm."

Last edited by on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:21 am

((Congrats to both of you. Sorry I had to turn the tone, but hey, what's the fun of RP without a little adventure? Smile That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ))

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Hamish awoke to the swaying and creaking of a ship. After the amount of years he had spent at sea, he could tell this within seconds of waking. It was dark where he was, but he imagined it was deep in the ship and so he would be unable to judge if it were night or day, but surely he could not have been out that long. Going by that he highly doubted he was out of the port yet, unless the ship had been waiting outside the harbor and he had been rowed to it. Still he felt by the motion that they were still docked. This gave him some chance perhaps. He moved and found that his hands were firmly bound, but his legs were not. He stood slowly, but halfway out of the crouch he hit the decking above him and grimaced at the pain and wave of nausea. He sat and let it pass and tried to think about what he might do. Nothing came to him immediately. He tried to move his hands around to his waist, but his knife on that side was missing. He tried his boot, but his dirk was gone as well. He figured it would be that way, but he had to hope. He wondered if he had been gone from the Albatross long enough for anyone to notice he wasn't back yet. He could only hope others of the Confederacy were looking for him.

As he thought about this, the door to his "cell" opened and a man dressed like a typical sailor came in with a wicked smile.

"I sees yer awake. Don't be thinkin' ye can get outta 'ere unless I'm lettin' ye and don't expect I'll be lettin' ye either!" the man said and laughed uproariously. "I's told ta feed ye if'n ye awoke, so 'ere ya go." with that he dumped a plate of what appeared to be hard tack and some watery gravy on the deck.

Most of the gravy splashed over the deck. Hamish had no intention of eating it, but he thought perhaps he could get an upper hand here.

"'Ow'm ah tae eat this swill without me 'ands? Uwntie me 'ands so ah can eat." Hamish said.

"Ye may think I'm jus' a simple sailor, but I'm no fool, I aint. Yer lucky I can't put tha boot ta ye! Eat on yer face like tha pig ye are!"

With that the man left the room and slammed the door behind him. Darkness returned to the room. Hamish had seen nothing outside to give him any further clues or ideas. He continued to ponder his situation, hoping that Dermid or Wilhelm was at that very moment looking for him. But he despaired as he had no idea how they might find him. The man who he had spoken to was English, but that meant very little. There were plenty of English pirates in the sea. Still he was only a sailor and could be on any ship, He doubted he was on a English vessel at anyrate based on the idea he was in a docked ship. An English vessel would be unlikely to be docked in this port. Unless perhaps it was a merchant ship. Still he felt it unlikely, but he couldn't know for sure. There was nothing to do but see where this little adventure would take him next...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:01 am

Meanwhile, behind the Albatross, Wilhelm and the others had just exited into the alley. Turning to the others, Wilhelm speaks in a hushed tone.

"Dermid and Olaf will likely be checking the more visible area's near the main roads, so we should try to stick to the back streets near here. The signal to gather is three long whistles and two short ones."

Wilhelm pauses and looks at the assembled members.

"I have a different task for one of you if you're willing. There's an inn three streets West of here called the Lost Lion. Next to it there is a small house. Knock on the door twice and say the doctor sent you and Uncle Nathan is having one of his fits. A young woman should answer the door. Explain the situation to her. She'll know what to do. Can one of you do it for me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 7:49 am

Dermid spends the next few hours of the night walking the main streets in front of the Albatross and down near the docks. Not much stands out. The night is clear and the ocean breeze is quite calm. There are a few passersby on the streets but nothing out of the ordinary, even for a paranoid merchant.

Dermid thinks to himself, "It is probably not much more than a bottle of rum and lady. He is a grown man and will turn up at the tavern soon enough."

With that he begins to make his way back to the Albatross, to grab some rest as morning will soon be upon the port...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:05 pm

On the way towards the docks, Dermid took to the main streets of the small port town. On the return, he took to the alleys making one final attempt to find any clue as to where Hamish might have gone.

All seemed unremarkable until, within a small alley quite near The Albatross, there were signs of a struggle. Certainly it was subtle, but Dermid was raised on the small streets and learned to survive from thieves and the like so his skills in tracking had become far better than most. It didn't hurt that his love for ale had been stimied by his recent disaster at sea so he was less impaired than he would have been on a usually event.

In any event, there were signs and they were clear once found. There were several small barrels had been overturned and there was a small bit of blood on the street. There were clearly some boot marks where a man had been dragged in the direction of the docks. On the ground was Hamish's pipe, clear from the "HMB" lettering stamped upon it.

Hastily Dermid picked up the pipe and ran out of the alley. He wandered about streets in a maze-like pattern before finally returning to the back entry of the Albatross. It seemed that the fortune of the Confederacy had taken a turn for the worse and maybe the hard times were not yet in the past of Dermid Gavin.

He needed time to think and to rest. Once again, he found himself relying upon the old barkeep for food, comfort, and company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 2:51 pm

As it was still a little early in the day, the Albatross had few customers when Benoit entered. He was carrying a bottle of wine in his right hand and with his left he reached up and took off his hat, a dark blue swashbucklers hat with a black band and a white feather sticking out on the right side.

Setting his hat on the bar he addresses the man standing behind it. “Good day monsieur, would you kindly mark this bottle ‘Highland Confederacy’ and place it under the counter or out of the way somewhere; it’s a good year and I’d like to keep it here for a special occasion.” Then, after setting the bottle on the bar next to his hat, he said “Also, I have business with Captain MacBane, have you seen him?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:53 pm

Willem grabbed the bottle and placed it under the bar without bothering to write anythign on it. "Hamish? He's out right now, you'll be want'n ta speak with Dermid. Not sure where he's at at the moment though." And the barkeep turned without looking for any sort of a reply, and went off into one of the back rooms, presumably to get something.

Benoit, grabbed his hat and found a seat for himself; wondering if he should wait or go back to the Luron de mer. He had no idea who Dermid was, let alone what he looked like. Well, I guess I could wait and see if any one calls out his name, but that could get boring in a hurry. Benoit sat in quiet cotemplation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:48 pm

Willem noted his own oversight and worked to correct his error.

"This evening the bar will be closin' down a bit early lad. Come back after dark and give a good three knocks on the door and others should be here."

((For consistencies sake, let's place this thread in the day prior to "An Evening with the Albatross"))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Night for the Confederacy   A New Night for the Confederacy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Night for the Confederacy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2