Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Evening within the Albatross

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

An Evening within the Albatross - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Evening within the Albatross   An Evening within the Albatross - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:23 am

Benoit found a seat and waited patiently, he was curious to hear what others had to say about the Xarkun fellow's question.

He also shot a glance towards Emilie, he was glad to see some acceptable wine would make its introduction into this little endeavor as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Evening within the Albatross   An Evening within the Albatross - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:19 pm

“Your papers seem to be in order, capitaine,” Émile said after a few moments of considering the documents held within the letter. With a bit of a smile, he continued, “I expect that, in a few weeks time, I shall receiving that message informing me of your forthcoming arrival. But for now, let us join the others at the table. It would be a shame to keep this drink from them any longer.”

With that, Émile turned and lead the way back to where his compatriots sat, with both bottles of wine in hand. After ‘Xark’ had repeated and expanded upon a question he had asked earlier, Dermid gestured towards Émile. Taking the hint, he began moving around the table to fill the glasses Willem had already distributed. He volunteered an answer to the questions as he did.

“Though I am obviously no expert on the subject, I think it would be reasonable to say that ’such a group’ would be fairly well established in the local trade between this and the other islands of the Lesser Antilles, as well as trade to some parts of the mainland. As for the protection of goods… there are a number of privateers, some I am sure you will soon meet, that would be more than willing to offer you their services. And I, of course, would be remiss in my duties to allow traders friendly to France to sail without protection.”

((Considering that the game isn’t quite out yet, the above is obviously subject to drastic change. For the sake of RP, however, I think it’s an appropriate answer. If not, I’ll be more than happy to edit or delete it Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Evening within the Albatross   An Evening within the Albatross - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:29 pm

OOC: sounded good to me. I dont know yet exactly what ill be doing either as i havent even seen the beta.

Xark gratefully took the glass offered to him. After such a long voyage over, it was refreshing to be having a proper conversation, not to mention drinks, with men other than his crew.

"If half the stories I have heard are true, someone in your line of work would never be out of business. From what Ive heard there are plenty of...err less respectable men floating around these waters. I myself have had to defend my own ships on a couple of occasions and have more than once considered a bit of a career change, though I dont i could ever fully give up the 'game' of trading."

Xark took another sip of the wine, "very fine indeed" A bit more was discussed on goods and their local availability then Xark turned the conversation a bit, "Not to press on with too many questions, but I would hope ya'll could indulge a newcomer with a bit more information. What can you tell me about the organization of your confederacy, assuming there is one," he winked. "Mainly, what kind of production chains are the likes of merchants here establishing? Are things done on a mostly individual level or is there some kind of line of production? Would such a group have a sort of control over the goods and productions of its members or is it more of a loose association for information and the such?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Evening within the Albatross   An Evening within the Albatross - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:39 am

Dermid, still a bit weak from the recent loss of his ship and the other current events, seems to become a bit irritated that the focus remains upon details beyond the larger vision of the guild and the gathered friends and wine at hand.

"Aye... but I think that does begin to press on. Indeed we have a structure and indeed I think it will serve us well. But it is not the time nor place for such discussions. Let us leave it at that for the evening."

Turning back to Emile and focusing his attention on his glass of wine he speaks easily. "Ah... yes. This is good. Good indeed." Outloud, but retorical in nature he continues, "And where might have you come across this?"

He slowly swirls the glass and takes a nice drink of the wine before placing the glass down on the table.

"Willem! Seems you best stay on good behavior if you are to be known as having the best available for your patrons. Competition is good for us all!"

OOC: An IC way of moving the conversation along to other topics. You are more than welcomed to ask, but for real details or real views, asking ooc in the general forum is easier to get across information. If it was all just for RP then we just continue. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Evening within the Albatross   An Evening within the Albatross - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:23 pm

Sensing that, once again, Xark had been unconciously turning an otherwise casual gathering into a business meeting. "My apologies, I tend to get a bit carried away. It is sort of a curse of the trade I'm afraid. I spend so much of my time calculating my trades, I sometimes forget there can be more to life."

With that, he pulls out a small pouch of cigars, yet again, offering to his companions as he meticiously lights his cigar, mumbling, "yes, quite good to relax once in awhile. Now if i could just ever make myself do it." Aloud he says, "I have found that the Spanish had the right idea in making this wonderful creation. It is one of the few things that can make me truely relax and enjoy the small things."

OOC: couple things I'm trying to do with this guy character wise: 1 as you may have noticed he likes his cigars and i can use that later on in trade. Also, for those that may not know, it was the Spanish (or so ive read) that created cigars in the early 1700s and the trade shortly there after moved to what is now Cuba and the sort (go figure, Cuban cigars). 2 he is somewhat anal. Very buisness business business. I havent done a whole lot of real RP other than SWG, but thought this might be a start for a merchant type personality. Since thats where the posts have gone, he will probably again need reminding that there are other things than crunching numbers.

"On to other matters. We have briefly been introduced, but I'm ashamed to say I got carried away before I found out who all my companions for this night are, where your from, and how long you've been on these isles."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Evening within the Albatross   An Evening within the Albatross - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:03 pm

Benoit raised his glass in salute to Xarkun, "Oh come now, I doubt there's a man in this room that could deny the truth in your words captain Xarkun, business never escapes the mind of a true entrepreneur.”

He paused to take a drink from his glass, “But the curse is that our own business is never quite so interesting to everyone else as we’d like to think it is, oui?”

Benoit laughed before taking another drink. “Not bad at all, Emile, Willem you have my thanks.” He looked around the room and toasted to each in turn.

Finally he remember Xarkun's last question and looked back at the man who was enjoying his cigar. "I am Commandant Benoit Bontecou of the free trader Luron de mer and I am here by orders of the office of le Regent, having arrived just a few nights prior, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Evening within the Albatross   An Evening within the Albatross - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:57 pm

"The pleasure is mine good sir. I hope your crossing was not too troublesome. And I quite agree Emile, a very fine drink."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Evening within the Albatross   An Evening within the Albatross - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Evening within the Albatross
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2