HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Skill Point Info

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Skill Point Info Empty
PostSubject: Skill Point Info   Skill Point Info Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 3:58 pm

I am shamelessly ripping this off of the SGS boards, orginally posted there by Captain Hawke.

Isildur lays out two skills that each proffession can acquire by spending skill points.

isildur wrote:
Eh, nobody asked me to share. Now you have. Here's 2 skills from each career for you.
Navy:
For God And Country = "Greatly increases crew protection, and slightly increases reload rate. Only usable while your crew is more than half damaged."
Thundering Broadside = "Attack. Target is blocked from using any skills that require morale for 10 seconds."
Freetrader:
Dockyards = "Grants an additional ship storage slot at the Harbor Master."
Smuggled Cargo = "Passive skill. Reduces the quantity of goods given up when you surrender by half. The target of your surrender is not told of the quantity decrease."
Privateer:
Damage Rudder = "Attack. Damages rudder of target, lowering its maneuverability."
Unpredictability (Maneuver) = "Toggle. Increases your maneuver and decreases other characteristics. Others can not see which Unpredictable skill you are using."
Pirate:
Sacrifice For Damage = "Pack your guns with too much powder, ignore safety, and gain a bit of extra firepower."
Scavenge = "Capture a derelict ship, but instead of keeping the ship, you salvage it for supplies, ammunition, and parts."

I thought these were pretty cool examples. I feel a little stupid getting excited over something like this.
Back to top Go down

Skill Point Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Point Info   Skill Point Info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 10:17 am

I think they certainly sound good. I like the fact that they seem to have a bit of flare and character that fall within the "vision" of the class. I guess the more important aspect is whether they actually "work" and are "balanced" but I think the flavor is a nice treat.
Back to top Go down

Skill Point Info
Page 1 of 1