Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Drunken Raving

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Some Drunken Raving Empty
PostSubject: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:16 pm

As evening sets upon the port, still too early for most to be in their cups, the is filled with the sounds of drunken shouting in a broken mix of German, English, and French. A disheveled Wilhelm yells in a slurred voice:

"Curse it all Hamish! Where in the nine hells are you! I've had all of my men and all of the Confederacy searching for you all this time! And what do I have to show for it!?!? I'll tell you what I have to show for it Willem! Nothing! Thats what I have to show for it!"

Wilhelm stops shouting and begins to mutter to himself

"If only she had been there that night. No, no. She was doing her job. We can't blame her. He should have been more careful. Its his fault. Yes, its his own fault, isn't it?"

Once again shouting,

"Its your own bloody fault Hamish! You hear me?!? If you get yourself gutted by some foul Brit don't you come crying to me"

In a quieter voice,
"Don't... you... come... crying... to... me."

Wilhelm's shoulders begin to shake and his crumples like a rag. He turns to Willem and says in a shaky voice,
"I've got to find him Willem. He's my first friend in years. Do you know how rare a real friend is for someone like me? I've got to find him."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 4:39 am

Olaf rises from his familiar table and moves next to Wilhelm.
"Keep it together mate, we´ll find him, we will find him."
Though he tries to reassure Wilhelm as best as he can, he is full aware of that the odds are against it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:42 pm

Dermid staggers out of the back, looking far more than just half-drunk.

"It... it is a sad day... Ye know... 2 full months tis day. 2 full months..."

With that he falls into a chair near Wilhelm and his head hits the table with a loud thud. He gathers himself and then continues.

"Y'know.... the days seem dark. Riverside lies in the sea... crew dead.... Hamish gone... Can't see much use..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:49 pm

Wilhelm woozily looks over at Dermid and says,

"You know Dermid... I think... maybe we have been going about this the wrong way."

"I think... maybe... we should be taking the offensive. We can't just keep waiting."

He looks over at the others waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:38 pm

Meanwhile somewhere in the Caribbean....

Hamish looked out at the sea and not for the first time thought about the idea of surrendering to it. It would be so easy to just jump in and it would be over. Perhaps he could swim.....no, he was far too weak for that. The crack of a whip caused Hamish to grimace, but he no longer cried out. His back was far too calloused now. He went back to his work which currently consisted of washing down the deck on his hands and knees.

"Bloody Scottish slave. I ought to just kill you an' be done wit' it," the man, obviously British said with his typical disdain. "You weren't worth the price I paid, not a quarter o' it."

Hamish dared to give him a glare, one that promised death. The man laughed and nodded, causing his first mate to crack the whip again. If Hamish had had more strength he would have simply attacked the man. It was unlikely he'd be anything but dead, but it would be a fulfilling death. The crack of thunder brought Hamish's attention back to the sea. A storm was brewing just at the horizon. It was too hard to tell in which direction it was going, but it looked nasty. Hamish thought again of the sea, but quickly dismissed it. He wouldn't give this group the satisfaction. He would kill them all. Eventually somehow, he would kill them. Then he'd find their families and kill them too. Such was his burning rage and anger. A slave! And not just to anyone, but a fat stinking British freetrader. Of course if any Naval ships passed by, he was simply a crew member, a fact he had to play along with owing to the fact that if he told who he really was he go from slave to prisoner and then to the gallows. So he played along, though it was all he could do to not reach up and break the freetraders neck during these times. He have his time.

Another crack of thunder. This time it sounded closer and the crew began to scurry a bit more as the Captain shouted various orders. Perhaps his time would be sooner rather than later...

---------------------------

This ship was tossed about like a childs toy boat. The storm was one of the worst Hamish had ever seen. Some men had already been thrown to their deaths over the side. Hamish helped, pulling in the lines, the sail, whatever he could do. He did not relish being thrown into the volatile mix all around him. The Captain was screaming orders like a mad man. Most of them were lost to the wind, which is probably why he continued to repeat himself. The Captain was near the side, holding tightly to the railing. Hamish, not realizing it was moving closer and closer to the man as he went about different duties on the ship. Then he was next to the man and it was almost as much of a shock to Hamish as it was to the Captain. Hamish gave a savage smile, but before he could do anything further the ship was rocked by a huge wave and suddenly there was the sound of rending wood.

"Rocks! Rocks!" came the shouts of the sailors.

Hamish was thrown into the Captain and his weight caused the Captain to let loose his own grip. The two of them tumbled over into the foaming white death of the sea. Hamish screamed. Not out of fear, but out of frustration that the sea was taking his kill and robbing him of his chance at vengeance. He screamed and cursed the sea and God as the oceans swallowed him. He fought as hard as he could, but he knew he was dead. He had no strength for such a feat against such a storm. Somehow he found a floating bit of the ship and he held fast to it, pulling himself up on to it. He laid back then, his strength gone completely. He closed his eyes and asked God to forgive him for his earlier curse against his Maker. He was going to die, and he wouldn't go with his sins intact. Exhaustion overtook him and then darkness...

-------------------

Hamish awoke to the sound of lapping waves. He vomited as he was suddenly lurched in one direction and then another as waves lapped at the beach pushing him back and forth, still on his bit of the ship from the previous night. Slowly he turned to take in his surroundings. There were tropical trees typical of the area and the beach looked like any other. No way to know where he was, but he was alive, that much he knew and he silently thanked God for it. With some effort he rowed the bit of ship up onto the shore and then crawled onto the sand. He laid there for more minutes trying to get his bearings back. Trying to let his head stop spinning. He had survived, beyond all of his hopes, he had survived. At least for now. He was stranded and had no idea where he was, who owned the island if anyone, how he'd find a ship to get back home. Then the real work would begin. The people who had kidnapped him had had a reason for it. Obviously it wasn't for ransom as they'd taken Hamish to one of the many slave auctions and sold him as quickly as they could. Hamish didn't think he knew his kidnappers, but they seemed to know him. Hamish felt certain they were pirates, but he couldn't shake the idea that they were British loyalists or even possibly French rivals, such was the diversity of the crew on the kidnappers ship. The leader was British, that much was certain. The sea had probably taken his former Captain and though it angered Hamish that it was not his own hands that rang the life from the fat bastard, it was one less problem for him to worry about. Or so he thought.

"Well well. I see my property survived fairly unharmed. That's good. I'll be needin' someone to build me a new ship. A raft at the least. Plenty o'...." his former captain stood over him pompously, not realizing his power was not so strong now. Hamish had not been born a slave and had never once been broken to the point of unflinching loyalty to a master.

The captain never finished his sentence. Hamish was on his feet faster than he thought possible. The Captain gave a yelp and produced a pistol from out of his coat. Hamish didn't care. He rushed at the captain as the pistol jerked and belched fire. Hamish felt something hit him in the side, but his anger and rage carried him forward and adrenaline took away any pain. The captain tried hitting Hamish with the butt of the pistol as Hamish's hands gripped the Captain's neck. Hamish took the blows and ignored everything except the now purple face of his captain. The blows slowed and weakened and the captain sank to his knees. Hamish did not let go. Even after the captain had left the land of the living, Hamish kept his hold. Some minutes later, Hamish let go, falling over onto his back, exhausted once more and in pain. He felt his side and his hand came back wet with blood. A wave of dizziness overcame him and he passed out again....
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:28 am

"What am I saying? I'm too drunk right now. Gather whoever you can later when we're all sober."

Wilhelm stands up regally, or at least as regally as can be expected given the amount of alcohol he drank earlier.

"If we don't know which enemy is behind Hamish's disappearance, the solution is simple. We take the fight to all of them. On our terms."

With that, Wilhelm stands and begins to walk out of the Albatross.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:14 am

Before Wilhelm gets to the door, Olaf suddenly graps him from the back of his collar.

"And what would you do? Go against the whole British army!?. Now sit down, we need to make a plan."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:00 am

"Making a plan while drunk doesn't sound like the best idea. Give me some time to sober up. But trust me, I'm not planning on anything that brash."

With that, Wilhelm shrugs off Olaf's grip and exits the Albatross.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:36 am

"Hey Dermid, you should pro..." Pausing for a moment and seeing the drunken condition of Dermid. "Erh, maybe not, ill do it myself."

As Wilhelm exits the Albatross Olaf decides to quietly follow him, being confident that Wilhelm wouldnt notice it in his current state. Just before exiting he shouts to the barkeeper to watch after Dermid.

"Sigh, Am I the only one sober here."

Last edited by on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:48 am

Benoit sat at the table, cupping his mug with both hands; the drink inside was untouched, he didn't even know what it was. There was a lot going through his head at the moment; having used almost all of his available resources and contacts produced next to nothing on MacBane.

There were hints here in there, perhaps clues that, if he thought about them long enough, might lead him to still more clues and eventually to the Scotsman, but try as he may he couldn't fit them together. One thing was certain, the man was not still on the island.

He had considered sharing all he knows with others in the confederacy, especially Emile, but he was not about to give away any of his contacts, or the fact that he even had any contacts. Of course he and Zachrie had gone over the details a hundred times; he felt as if he were only one piece away from putting the whole puzzle together, but that piece was the trickiest of them all.

The confederacy was France's best chance at hurting the Brittish without open warfare and he didn't want to lose this prospect. Sure he had other prospects and the loss of one piece wouldn't be a killing blow but, no one ever likes to lose their best piece in the game.

Money is how you hurt a superior military power such as England, the strain on their economy has already caused disent with some of the nobles and especially among the peasants who are getting the biggest burden of the tax increases imposed to keep their huge Navy afloat. The biggest problem is the damn Spanish and their inquisition; it has the English population so terrified they're willing to sacrifice anything at this point; I don't blame them. Benoit gave a slight, inperceptable shiver which served to shake him out of his stupor temporarily. He noticed Wilhelm start for the door and Olaf stopping him, but he quickly let his thoughts slip back into his own work. Maybe I was wrong to think a strong Spain will help our cause....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:02 pm

Dermid looks up to see Benoit.

"Aye.... good to see you.. I expect good things from you within the confederacy..." With that he gives Benoit a good slap upon the shoulder. He tries to continue but is almost completely unintelligible. ".... I'm far too gone this night. Lost at sea ye might say.."

With that he staggered into and off of walls as he heads for the private quarters in the back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:18 pm

Smiling, Benoit lifts his cup in salute to the back of Dermid as the man makes his way towards the door, after taking a drink he still has no idea what's int he cup.

Looking around he noticed the Albatross suddenly became quite empty. Perhaps now would be a good time to chat with Willem. He meant to get up and walk towards the bar but, he suddenly had no motivation and decided to stay in his chair and continue to stupor for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:19 pm

With some force, the door opened and revealed (somewhat surprisingly) the Vicomte Émile deMontfort in what had become his usual coat and tri-corner hat. It had been quite some time, save for the occasional meeting on the street, that anyone in the Confederacy had seen the man. For the past week or two, even his schooner had been absent from its usual moorings in the port. But from his furrowed brow and set jaw, it was clear he had not been on any holiday.

After taking a quick survey of the room he asked, "No luck then?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:40 pm

Standing up, but making no move towards Emilie, Benoit gave a quick nod. "Nothing promising my friend, as if scorned in some way, lady luck has kept her distance from this place."

Not quite knowing why he stood, and not really caring at the moment, he sat back down, making sure to push his Saber aside so it doesn't get caught in the chair. "It seems the worry has begun to take it's toll, you just missed Wilhelm and Olaf storm out, I heard something about taking the fight to them." Benoit held up his hands in a stopping motion, "please don't ask me who them is, I'm not sure even they know."

Then looking towards the closed door of the back room, "You also missed Dermid by a matter of minutes, he stumbled towards the back room just before you entered."

Finally he looked towards Willem and made a motion as if to speak but, decided against it. Willem noticed and just shrugged his shoulders; he had a small cask on the bar and was carefully emptying the contents in to several bottles and corking them up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:05 am

After wandering around in a seemingly aimless journey through the port, Wilhelm comes to a moderately well-off house of ill-repute. Entering quickly, he says some greetings to the ladies inside. He seems to be well acquainted with the women staffing the establishment. Without stopping, he goes upstairs and knocks twice on a door, and without waiting for a response, enters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Dermid returns to the tavern within about an hour looking much more coherent. Perhaps it was just a quick run to the private quarters and soon the world seems a bit more clear. He's still not near sober, but at least his speech is understandable.

"Benoit, did Wilhelm give you the news?" He pauses for a brief moment, the blank look gives him his answer and he continues... "well... I'm not much for secrets especially when I've had a few." He leans in and gets a bit quieter. "Welcome to the Confederacy lad. You've done good and I've always trusted in Hamish and even though he may be lost at sea, the Confederacy needs good men like yourself... If...ah... Wilhelm returns with news... act surprised. The liquor sometimes gets the best of me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 7:07 pm

A short while later, Wilhelm walks out of the room, looking much refreshed, and far more sober. Walking briskly, he begins to make his way for the Albatross. Entering, he sizes up the room. Seeing only Confederacy members he says,

"All right, everyone, listen up. Well, those of you who are sober enough to, which I hope is all of you."

"Its been some time now since Hamish disappeared. To be honest, at this point I don't hold out that much hope."

"Rest assured. If he's out there, we will find him. If he is not... By all that I hold holy, those responsible will pay!"

"Since Hamish disappeared, we have been stagnant. We have not even fulfilled our most basic functions. But no more! We act! Now, earlier, Olaf asked if I mean to take on the entire British army. And I say, I'll take on anyone who gets in my way. But I take them on my own terms."

"We are not a military organization. We have some military support, for which we are duly grateful." A nod to the soldiers present. "But we are first and foremost, lets be honest here, privateers and merchants. And we will fight our enemies as such."

"Where possible, we will overpower our enemies and take prisoners in the hopes of gaining new information. Those foes we cannot overpower, we will harry. We will disrupt their supply lines. We will steal their communications. We will hurt them in any way we can, and we will gather information while we do it."

"We will find him, gentlemen. We will find him or we will find his corpse. And if he is dead, may whatever god you hold dear have mercy on the souls of the poor fools who did the deed, for we certainly shall not. This I swear to you now, on my name, Wilhelm von Somborn."

"We will discuss specifics later. Benoit, Murphy... Is Murphy here? We need every good man we can get, and you two are certainly good men. I believe we all agree that you can consider yourselves full members of the Confederacy, and we are proud to have you."

"Now gentlemen, who is with me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:34 pm

"Aye!" He looks to his trusty tin but then thinks of his head and decides against raising it again this evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:05 pm

"Thank you for the kind words; thanks to all of you, I feel like we've all grown together through this whole ordeal and am glad to be counted amoungst men such as yourselves. And I would like to second Captain von Somborn's words of Hamish; we will find him or we will avenge him... I hope it's both!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:39 pm

Émile nodded in agreement from where he stood at the side, having previously moved away from the door.

"We would do him a great dishonor were we to continue languishing here and not proceed forward.

"As for Benoit and Murphy, (a slight pause to glance around for the latter) I can't think of any more deserving."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:27 am

A short while after Wilhelm Olaf comes inside the Albatross, huffing and puffing. "I didnt know Wilhelm could walk that fast!" Then he gives a salute to everyone and orders a pint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Drunken Raving   Some Drunken Raving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Drunken Raving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy RP Forums :: The Albatross-
Jump to: