Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So. . .Not much has changed then!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

So. . .Not much has changed then! Empty
PostSubject: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 7:01 pm

I don't know about all of you, but I'm getting tired of going to the POTBS site and seeing nothing but yet another account from some guy who interviewed some FLS member at some GameCon, and strains to find a whole set of new words to tell everyone what they already know from every other GameCon post. . .Enjoy, won't you?

Apologies for being away for a while. I had the opportunity to grab some more time away (and without computer or phone access, I highly recommend it!), so I took it. I know I should have let the guild know I was going to be away but it did come up kind of sudden.

But it doesn't appear I missed much. I'm pretty patient about these things, and I've been through several "anticipated" launches by now. But for a game that supposedly only needed "polishing" and where one of the reasons for choosing Sony was for their proven experience in getting games up and running. . .should we be worried?

At least the HC is still going strong! We obviously don't need no stinkin game to have a good time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 7:09 pm

Nothing different here, nope nope. Absolutely no changes in the good ol HC. Now give me earth and water!

I do know what you mean about the lack of real news though. On the upside, talk like a pirate day is precisely two weeks from now, so we can hope for something then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:33 am

I don't even check the site anymore. If somethign big comes up I'll here about it in the forums. Hell, I haven't even check on my flags status for a couple of weeks now.

Choose your next words carefully Olaf, they could be your last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 3:39 pm

*snif* Crying or Very sad

Ill choose Pikachu!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 4:13 pm

Don't make me have jigglypuff put the devs to sleep, Olaf. Who knows how long it will take for the game to get released then?

(note: I am not a pokemon fan. I hate pokemon. But the 'puff is cool.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 12:28 pm

Wilhelm von Somborn wrote:
Don't make me have jigglypuff put the devs to sleep, Olaf. Who knows how long it will take for the game to get released then?

(note: I am not a pokemon fan. I hate pokemon. But the 'puff is cool.)

I am a jigglypuff but you can't tame me so don't even try...

O and hello to the OP Smile nice to meet you I am THE New guy feel free to haze me at any time Smile
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:51 pm

Ok then. . .so now the many months without a game has left us all talking about Pokemon! Doesn't FLS realize the catastrophic psychic damage this waiting is inflicting on us all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:47 pm

They do... they're just sadists... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:57 pm

I wasn't aware that any more damage could be inflicted on me. Is there anyone who can play through Sam&Max games and remain sane?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:52 pm

I wasn't aware that any more damage could be inflicted on me. Is there anyone who can play through Sam&Max games and remain sane?

I did Smile

I am on Bioshock right now I love to throw water on the evil guys try'en to kill me then fry them with Lightning Razz

I just hope PotBS comes out a few months before AoC I don't have enough money to play both at the same time Smile I will have to juggle my time between lopping off heads as a Cimmarian and running people through as a Dutchmen Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:27 pm

Capt. Jesper Smidsen wrote:

I did Smile

I am on Bioshock right now I love to throw water on the evil guys try'en to kill me then fry them with Lightning Razz

I just hope PotBS comes out a few months before AoC I don't have enough money to play both at the same time Smile I will have to juggle my time between lopping off heads as a Cimmarian and running people through as a Dutchmen Razz

I heard some really bad stuff about AoC... and I mean REALLY bad as in they've had to make a lot of changes because it wasn't working... too much lag. Striped a lot of the better ideas.

Many peopleing were saying "yeah I know" so I'm inclined to believe it. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:57 pm

Benoit_Bontecou wrote:

I did Smile

I heard some really bad stuff about AoC... and I mean REALLY bad as in they've had to make a lot of changes because it wasn't working... too much lag. Striped a lot of the better ideas.

Many peopleing were saying "yeah I know" so I'm inclined to believe it. Sad

I will not get into AoC until I hear more about it after a few months after release becuase to tell you the truth no MMO is truely ever great when it first comes out it must be aged like fine wine before it gets to the point that it is a good game. I think older MMO's that have been around for awhile and have had content put in the game for more the 2 years are the ones that have great promise. Case in point Eve Online it came out before SWG and is more popular then SWG at this time mostly because of the betrayel that SOE cemented with the NGE. I do however find it kind of funny that WoW will be implamenting and Alpha Class with Wraith of the Lich King Smile. I mean Blizzard is litrally stealing the tunder from SOE which is freaking funny as hell Smile. In any case Star Wars Galaxies is a game I still play and will play and I will play it until a KOTOR MMO is made or PotBS comes out, which ever comes first at this point Smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:07 am

KOTOR mmo:?:

This is the first I'm hearing of it... gonna have consult the all mighty oracle, err.. I mean Google.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:46 am

Yea... at times the interest wains as nothing new is released.

Then again, it all comes down to the product and what type game they have been able to put together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 5:16 pm

Benoit_Bontecou wrote:

This is the first I'm hearing of it... gonna have consult the all mighty oracle, err.. I mean Google.

You will find a huge number of rumors. I will say that Bioware is working on an MMO but what the MMO is no one knows because no one from Bioware has put up any info other then they are developing a MMO. I do think that it could be KOTOR, but I am not holding my breath. I only said this because of the fact that PotBS has been so long of a wait that waiting for a KOTOR MMO would be a comprable wait time to the level of waiting it has been for PotBS Smile
Now if you get what I just said feel free to get yourself a cookie because you deserve it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:52 pm

Benoit_Bontecou wrote:

You will find a huge number of rumors. I will say that Bioware is working on an MMO but what the MMO is no one knows because no one from Bioware has put up any info other then they are developing a MMO. I do think that it could be KOTOR, but I am not holding my breath. I only said this because of the fact that PotBS has been so long of a wait that waiting for a KOTOR MMO would be a comprable wait time to the level of waiting it has been for PotBS Smile
Now if you get what I just said feel free to get yourself a cookie because you deserve it Smile

*munch munch munch*

(You know, I had a surprising number of typos in that short of a line when I started writing it. Fun fact of the day: Did you know that qwerty was designed to slow typists?)
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:02 pm

While on the topic of Bioware's MMO game and incase anyones interested, they recently licensed the HeroEngine to use for thier game... http://www.play.net/corporate/release.asp?release=30

Good choice from what I can see of screenshots of another game using that engine... http://www.play.net/hj/gallery/

OxBaker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Why would Bioware use someone else's game engine when they have the systems used in NWN 1/2, the utterly sweet looking Mass Effect, and the KOTOR games? Any of those games looks way better then the HeroEngine imho.

Personally I'd like to see an MMO running on a platform like Oblivion. Imagine an MMO made in that engine. *drool*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 4:15 pm

avidday wrote:
Why would Bioware use someone else's game engine when they have the systems used in NWN 1/2, the utterly sweet looking Mass Effect, and the KOTOR games? Any of those games looks way better then the HeroEngine imho.

Personally I'd like to see an MMO running on a platform like Oblivion. Imagine an MMO made in that engine. *drool*

yea I can imagine it but I wouldn't want to pay 7 g's for a computer that would run it flawlessly
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 6:38 pm

I'm not sure I would be up for a KOTOR MMO game. I think I am too deeply scarred from seeing all the Jedi dudes with names like Britney Spears running around in SWG. Everytime I even see a jedi screenshot from one of the movies now I get this nervous twitch going. . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Deoiridh wrote:
I'm not sure I would be up for a KOTOR MMO game. I think I am too deeply scarred from seeing all the Jedi dudes with names like Britney Spears running around in SWG. Everytime I even see a jedi screenshot from one of the movies now I get this nervous twitch going. . .
lol!
avidday wrote:
Personally I'd like to see an MMO running on a
platform like Oblivion. Imagine an MMO made in that engine.
*drool*
Some one told me, or I read somewhere the Age of Conan was using that engine.

But I also heard that had to scale back on a lot of the things they had promised because of lag. So may that was one of the items sacrificed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 7:59 am

Personaly id rather see kotor 3 with mp COOP than kotor mmo. Why is it that almost every company disregards mp coop camp. I love playing for example sven coop on hl1 and not to forget system shock 2! Games with Mp campaign would be a huge succes, or atleast I would buy it Razz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:51 am

Quote :
=Captain John Scarlet; ::: Well that was odd.

Ahh, by 'Unlinked Source' you were referring to the original post...
I can tell you where the link for the original post though anyway. For some reason these 'Clan UK' Forums don't have different addresses for specific threads...So I can give you the single post address http://forums.clanuk.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=242766&postcount=4

and the actual thread is located at:
http://forums.clanuk.co.uk/
Then Games; General MMGs; Other MMG games; Age of Conan delayed again

These are the links to the info about AoC I was talking about earlier; about the game not being playable and them droping some of their original plans.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 10:58 am

Quote :
These are the links to the info about AoC I was talking about earlier; about the game not being playable and them droping some of their original plans.
Thats probably why Bioware just licensed an engine designed for MMO rather than trying to revamp one of their own. When you have an engine that was designed to have everything run locally and then go and try to revamp it to send a lot of the data over the internet, I can see how it could cause some real lag issues.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:01 am

Quote :
Personaly id rather see kotor 3 with mp COOP than kotor mmo.
I totally agree. I love playing through adventures like Baldur's Gate 2 or NWN with friends and not having to worry about all the online griefers you have to deal with in most MMO games. Here's hoping that PotBS will draw a more mature crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So. . .Not much has changed then!   So. . .Not much has changed then! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So. . .Not much has changed then!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy Guest Forums :: The Dockside Inn-
Jump to: