Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild submission to Burning Sea Community

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

Guild submission to Burning Sea Community Empty
PostSubject: Guild submission to Burning Sea Community   Guild submission to Burning Sea Community Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:20 am

I noticed our guild is not listed in the Guild List at BurningSeaCommunity.com. They get quite a bit of PotBS traffic so it may be an idea to submit our guild. Since I'm kinda new here I thought it best not to just go ahead and do it myself but here's the link in case any of the officers think it's a good idea... http://www.burningseacommunity.com/modules.php?name=Guilds&file=addguilds
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Guild submission to Burning Sea Community   Guild submission to Burning Sea Community Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 6:45 pm

We're on the society list at the main FLS site, so that will presumably become the main portal where everyone gets their information as soon as the game goes live (assuming they don't migrate it all over to SOE as they are doing with the forums). From my previous guild experience, having your name in multiple places can become a drawback unless you are a pretty large guild, because it's hard to keep all of the information updated in those different places.

The FLS society page makes interesting reading, however. I know they haven't posted all the user submissions they have received by any means, but it still gives a pretty good indication of the likely player balance in terms of nationality. Playing French is going to be as hard as playing a pirate!

In RP but also gameplay terms, we may need to think about alliances with the Spaniards pretty damn quick!
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: Guild submission to Burning Sea Community   Guild submission to Burning Sea Community Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:09 am

Quote :
In RP but also gameplay terms, we may need to think about alliances with the Spaniards pretty damn quick!
I was thinking that I'd wait until the game is released to see how the problem of an overpopulated British side would affect gameplay and if it was evident that there was a real need for cooperation between French and Spanish, maybe we could throw together some kind of Charter of Cooperation that could be presented to guilds on both the French and Spanish sides in order to form larger alliances against the British?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild submission to Burning Sea Community   Guild submission to Burning Sea Community Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild submission to Burning Sea Community
Page 1 of 1