HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Empty
PostSubject: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 8:24 pm

When you are PvP'ing

I am going to be playing The Kiss from The Last Of The Mohicans: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Please feel free to tell me what you will be listening to when you are powning those at Sea or on Land Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 1:31 pm

Haven't really decided yet. I'm pretty lazy about music and such, so I'll probably just be sticking with whatever FLS has for us at least until I've heard it so much I'm sick of it. Then I'll probably switch to something Japanese.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 2:44 pm

Wilhelm von Somborn wrote:
Haven't really decided yet. I'm pretty lazy about music and such, so I'll probably just be sticking with whatever FLS has for us at least until I've heard it so much I'm sick of it. Then I'll probably switch to something Japanese.

Might I recommend Letters from Iwo Jima Sound Track or The Last Samuri Sound Track or even if you are daring Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom Sound track Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 3:20 pm

Hmm...

Inner Circle - Bad boys aka. Cops theme <--- especially when I go after pirates Cool
Dick Dale - Misirlou aka. Pulp Fiction theme
Wagner - Valkyries
Sibelius - Finlandia
Ennio Morricone - Gold Ecstacy aka. a track from the GBU
Ghost Riders in the Sky Razz

Thats just few, cant really decide which one to choose in particulary.

Just type those in Youtube if you want to hear them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:44 am

King Kong by Jibbs.

I can vouge for The Last Samurai as a nice sound track. for some Japanese sounds.

Aslo good:
Japan: Traditional Vocal & Instrumental Music. (all the traditional sounds: Shakuhachi, Biwa, koto, Shamisen, etc...) Made by Warner Communications Company; softer music.

Kodo (Traditional drummers; they are very good, the best) ; adrenilin music.

EDIT: forgot to add: UA female vocalist, awesome voice and creative music. Softer/modern.
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 11:53 am

The Overture from The Pirates of Penzance, of course!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 7:25 pm

Deoiridh wrote:
The Overture from The Pirates of Penzance, of course!

FTW cheers

O and I will also be Listening to music from Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Razz
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 7:05 pm

I think my first response to this weighty issue may have been too flip, so I've got another couple of suggestions.

"Aces High" The luftwaffe march from the film Battle of Britain (and I nominate this for our official society theme song).

"The ecstasy of gold" and "Trio" from the soundtrack to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. If you are only familiar with the title track from this movie, you owe it to yourself to track down the complete soundtrack. These two pieces are simply ravishing. The first has a spectacular wordless choral element, and the second has these amazing Mexican horns. Both manage to be simultaneously inspiring, heroic, and tragic.

BTW, nice call on "The Kiss" from Last of the Mohicans. That soundtrack is one of my all time favorites.

Almost as good as Titanic. . .Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 7:38 pm

Titanic = one of two things I will not name them for fear of death by muskeet fire from Mrs. D's Ship Smile

I kid I kid Razz

The music from the movie is good but I am not a big fan of Dejon Razz

I say when we are hunting we play this when we kill an English Ship Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLJbxlvwLKM&mode=related&search=

or we could play this version Razz

by the Sex Pistols Smile

and we can do this one for when we hunt Pirates Razz
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:05 am

I think that I'll be playing various contemporary celtic artists like Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Michelle Toomes, Moya Brennan, Clannad, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 4:57 pm

OxBaker wrote:
I think that I'll be playing various contemporary celtic artists like Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Michelle Toomes, Moya Brennan, Clannad, etc.

Good music but a little light for me considering when one is in battle and no one wants to hear something soft and cuddly when your in the middle of rough combat Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 9:26 am

And / or:

wild987.fm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:22 pm

When I'm crusing around the sunny Caribbean, I think I'll be playing a good old Scottish fiddle lament to remind me of home! Maybe even Ashokan Farewell (a cracking contemporary lament written by Jay Ungar from NYC). But when battle is joined there's only one instrument for me so it's a good old blood jumping pipe tune - maybe "Bonnie Dundee" or "Killicrankie" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 10:13 pm

I'll be getting in the Caribbean mood with Reggae, steel drums and calypso. Wink

Last edited by on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 3:51 am

Jack McBain wrote:
I'll be getting in the Caribbean mood with with Reggae, steel drums and calypso. Wink

Hells ya I need to play Bob Marley and the Whalers for good luck Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 6:45 pm

I'll be listening to Flogging Molly, especially Tobacco Island. Musically modern, but lyrically it will be appropriate. Lot of choices too;
Queen Anne's Revenge
Seven Deadly Sins
Salty Dog
Drunken Lullabies
Cruel Mistress
Every Dog Has It's Day
May the Living be Dead (In Our Wake)

and oh yeah Tobacco Island! (it's my inspiration for sinking Brittish Ships![as if I need one!]).....

'All to hell we must sail
For the shores of sweet Barbados
Where the sugar cane grows taller
Than the god we once believed in
Till the butcher and his crown
Raped the land we used to sleep in
Now tommorow chimes of ghostly crimes
That haunt Tobacco Island'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 6:57 pm

Very nice selection there Whisky Pete Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: My roleplaying battle song   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:09 pm

This is one of my favorite Traditional Irish songs and i'm fairly certain that is actually within the time period for POTBS
The Minstrel Boy

The minstrel boy to the war has gone in the ranks of death you'll find him
His father's sword he hath girded on and his wild harp slung behind him
Land of song said the warrior bard though all the world betrays thee
One sword at least thy rights shall guard and one faithful harp shall praise thee
The minstrel fell but the foeman's chain could not bring that proud soul under,The harp he loved never spoke again for he tore it's chords asunder
And said no chain shall sully thee oh heart of love and bravery thine songs were made for the pure and free they shall never sound in slavery
The minstrel boy to the war has gone in the ranks of death you'll find him

And of course The Skye Boat Song considering the Confederacy and all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...   What Song will you all be marching off to battle too... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Song will you all be marching off to battle too...
Page 1 of 1