Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OK my fellow friends?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

OK my fellow friends? Empty
PostSubject: OK my fellow friends?   OK my fellow friends? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 5:11 pm

I have to ask all of you a question?

Sense i have yet to make a good story for myself and have been drawing blank on a story for my dude should I A) Just say I am Scottish but of Dutch Decent and go from there or B) Should I stay Dutch and find a Dutch Group to hang out with?

I leave it up to you all to deside my fate in this matter. I will leave it to your good judgement Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK my fellow friends?   OK my fellow friends? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Not sure that I understand the second part of the question...
If you are asking if we want to keep you around or send you off to find some Dutch society, I would imagine that the answer is yes, we would like to keep you around, although we haven't taken a vote or whatnot yet. Its on the agenda, I assure you.

As for being a Scot of Dutch descent, that sounds like it could be interesting, although not sure where I would go with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK my fellow friends?   OK my fellow friends? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 5:58 pm

I am just afraid that I will not be able to RP that well Sad

and I don't want to hold you all back by not RP'ing as heavy as you guys will Neutral

It is not that I don't want to stick around it is just that my RP skills are not as vast as my lust for getting and protecting our ports from being taken over by the Bloody English or being suppresed by the dasterdly Pirates Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK my fellow friends?   OK my fellow friends? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 6:04 pm

Well. nobody says that you have to be RP'ing like a fiend. As long as you're IC most of the time in game, I think thats all that we really ask. We all (I think) want to play the game. RP is the icing on the cake for me. One thing I will say, is that forum RP is not required. We know that some people don't enjoy it too much. We prefer that people do it since its the more the merrier, but we understand. If you don't want to spend hours on a backstory, I'm not going to force you to.

Of course, the choice is ultimately up to you. If you don't feel like you will have a good time here, that is entirely your call.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK my fellow friends?   OK my fellow friends? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 6:09 pm

I want to make a story I am just working on a Back history. I could have called my self Jasper Hein and been the Great Grandson of Peit Hein, but That would have been to easy lol. de Groot means The Large so I am a Big guy Smile that is a start Razz
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: OK my fellow friends?   OK my fellow friends? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 6:58 pm

I can see the problem. Historically, it was a little more likely that the Dutch would be allied with the English (or at least some of them), since the English fought on the side of the Dutch Protestants on several occasions. However, the English also saw the Dutch as major trading rivals.

However there's nothing in the society history that says you have to be Scottish. The confederacy is partly driven by the Scottish element, but it has become a rallying point for everyone who is pissed off at the English. So you could maybe play this as a Dutch trader who has found himself completely shut down or even persecuted by the English to the point that you are looking for alliances. Or maybe their interferences was more drastic (siezing your assets, or whatever) and this pushed you into "questionable" dealings.

Just a couple of ideas. Figure out how to build a story around being Dutch. Don't worry so much about having to be Scottish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK my fellow friends?   OK my fellow friends? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 7:09 pm

I do know about the The Nine-Years War that happend from 1688 to 1698.
I wanted to say that my father took part in this war and his hatred for the English fueled my lust to punish the Filthy English for ** Insert Reason here**
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: OK my fellow friends?   OK my fellow friends? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 7:53 pm

. . .for just being English? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK my fellow friends?   OK my fellow friends? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK my fellow friends?
Page 1 of 1