HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

In the Aftermath

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:54 am

All around him there was activity. Both his men and those of the others moved about the captured ship with haste, performing their duties. A number of them were below, ‘securing’ whatever it was the trader had had in the hold while others busied themselves looting the cabins for any valuables and provisions they could find. Some had been set to work cannibalizing whatever useable parts they could, and a few had even taken to gathering together the dead.

Amidst all this activity, Émile deMontfort sat on a small crate and stared pensively down at the grit covered deck. From his left arm trickled a thin stream of blood—a sign that his still recent wound had reopened; with the blade held in his right hand he traced what seemed nonsensical lines through the sand at his feet. But the lines were, of course, far from nonsensical: they were the lines and movements of the battle they had just fought. For the moment, Émile could think of little else more meaningful.

The sound of approaching footsteps from behind brought an abrupt end to his thoughts. Immediately thereafter came the realization that his long period of inactivity, combined with his now seeping wound, must have given the others a grim impression of his health. If only to dispel that impression, Émile stood and turned to meet his fellow captain.

((Well, any takers?))
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 3:09 pm

Wilhelm briskly walked across the deck of the ship. Approaching Émile, he said,

"Marvelously done, deMontfort, marvelously done. Once the men are finished, we must share a drink."

Glancing down at Émile's arm,

"But perhaps you should have a stiff drink of something while you get stitched up, yes?"
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 9:21 pm

*Yelling from the Capitans quarters Jasper sounds alarmed*

(as Jasper comes closer and the message becomes more obvious you see he is holding Documents of some sort from the Ships Officers quarters)

Captain! Captain!

"I have found some important information on the English trade routes."

"What would you like done with them Sir?"
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 3:20 pm

“Stitched up? You don’t mean this little scratch, do you?” Émile asked with mock incredulity and a good-natured smile. In a more serious tone he said, “No, there are others with far more grievous injuries than this. Until les chirurgiens finish their rounds, I will make due with a tourniquet and perhaps that stiff drink you mentioned…”

As he spoke, Émile produced a long white strip of cloth from somewhere within his coat and then proceeded to tie it tightly over the darkly stained patch on his sleeve above the wound. Next came a silver flask, from which he took a short swig, before it disappeared back into the coat.

“Perhaps it is just me…” but whatever Émile was about to say died in his throat at the sudden sound of commotion from the cabins. With a raised brow, he glanced over Wilhelm’s shoulder to see one of the Confederacy’s new recruits, Jasper de Groot, running towards them with a sheaf of papers in hand.

“Captain! Captain! I have found some important information on the English trade routes!" he said as he neared them. "What would you like done with them Sir?"

“So the damned fool was in such a hurry to abandon ship that he neglected to toss his charts overboard? And the English call us cowards…” he said as he made to take the papers from the man for closer inspection. His hand stopped mid-reach, however, as they were all reminded by the harsh sound of shifting timbers that they were aboard a slowly sinking ship.

“Lieutenant!” Émile called to his second, who immediately appeared at his side. “I’d like all the men on deck at once so that we can prepare to disembark.”

“Oui, seigneur... All men on deck!”

((Though there will be plenty of opportunities to join once we reach port (and not the port of Martinique, mind you), if there's anyone else that wishes to have taken part in the battle, speak now or forever hold your peace tongue ))
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:30 am

After calmly walking through the deck and inspecting the ship hes attention is quickly drawn by Emiles shout.

Occ: Ofcourse Olafs is in the action too Razz
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:09 pm

((Moving right along…))

Not more than an hour later, the four Confederacy ships had laid anchor inside a large cave the ocean had cut from the sheer rock of a small, uninhabited island. Despite the travel time, the spot was not all that far from where the trader had sunk beneath the waves. In fact, were one to climb to the isle’s peak and gaze east, one would clearly see said ship’s masts protruding from the sea as they made their slow decent. The reason for the delay was simple: although trader had been outnumbered it had also been much larger than anyone of their ships, and its concentrated cannon fire had left La Francisque in a condition that required all of Émile skill as captain to keep her afloat.

While what repairs that could be made with the parts stripped from the trader were underway, the four Confederacy captains meet aboard the Somborn Skies in her great cabin.

When they had all settled themselves, Émile said “So Wilhelm, how about that drink you mentioned?”

((Sorry for volunteering your ship, Wilhelm… It just seemed the most appropriate.))
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:47 pm

((Not a problem.))

"Of course, of course. Normally I would serve some of the good red I found last month, but the captain of the ship we visited earlier, simply insisted that I relieve him of his bottle of '09 Surrey red. While the quality is not so good, I believe it is only fitting."

So saying, Wilhelm walks back from the cupboard where he keeps his personal stock holding an ornate bottle.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:06 pm

As Aidan opens the cabin door and enters he overhears Wilhelm's offer of wine.

Seating himself Aidan stretches while replying "It seems that while I may have arrived to late to assist with the capture of your foes ship, I am much relieved that I did not miss out on his wine. Just a touch for me my good Wilhelm. As the Good Book says 'a little wine to settle the stomach' and who am I to argue!"

"I saw the smoke from the battle but was too far off to assist. By the time I brought the OxBaker in range, you had already begun to move away. I hope that your casualties were not to severe?"

OOC: Hope it's ok if we make it 5 ship captains Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 5:05 pm

*Jasper comes rumbling in through the door way of the cabin*

*He lets out a booming laugh*

"Good, I am glad we got something more then just treasure This time around."

*Jasper pauses and looks around the Cabin and peers at every one gathered around*

"We got ourselves Information that will help us in our next adventure if we use it Wisely. I think it best we make it look as if they dumped the Papers, so that any English patrols that come looking for them think that the charts were dumped..."

*ponders on this*

"Nevermind, They wouldn't know any way."

"May I fill my Tankerd with a drop of that fine wine?"

*Looks at Wilhelm*
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:35 pm

"Jasper, Jasper, Jasper. Even if it is a British grown swill of a wine, it still deserves better than being poured in a tankard. And besides, I don't need you getting drunk that quickly. Now here is a proper glass, and here is a surprisingly decent red wine."

Saying this, Wilhelm pours glasses for the two late arrivals.

"Gentlemen, a toast to yet another successful expedition. Zum Wohl!"
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:00 pm

*Attaches his Tankerd back onto his belt*

*looks like he is thinking about what Wilhelm just said with a snid look on his bearded large face*

"Well, seeing as there is wine on the table..."

*rumages through one of his many bags that he carries with anything from Paper to other necessary items for many occasions*

"I managed to find some Cheese, at the last port we were at..."

*pulls out a ball of cheese the size of a cannon ball with a little molding on it*

*sniffs it*

"It is not Dutch, but it will due."

*unraps the cheese clouth surronding the cheese and pulls out a relativly clean knife that was taken from Jaspers Sheath*

"So, who wants to cut the Cheese."

*Jasper lets out a little laugh, before cutting the Cheese*

" I am not sure what style of cheese this is, but I know I got it from the Last port we were at a few weeks ago."

*starts to sing an old Dutch Mariners song*

"Piet Hein, Piet Hein,"

"Piet Hein zijn naam is klein, Zijn daden benne groot,"

"Zijn daden benne groot,"

"Hij heeft gewonnen de Zilvervloot."

"Hij heeft gewonnen, gewonnen de Zilvervloot,"

"Hij heeft gewonnen de Zilvervloot."

(( for an idea how this song sounds. here is a link ))
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Wilhelm looks to Emile and Olaf with a bemused look on his face.

"I don't get it."
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:28 pm

*looks perplexed at Wilhelm*

"It is a song about a great Dutch Hero, Peit Hein"

*leans back in his chair*

"He was a great Priveteer, He learned of a massive Spanish Treasure fleet and he went after it. It was also one of the relativly few instances where there was no blood spilt in the matter. Peit took the Spanish ships and dropped off *Takes a bit of his cheese and speeks while eating* all the sailors onboard in Havanna. It was an amazing feat. However, the reason this occured was because the Larger Spanish ships that were also halling treasure found out about Peit's plans and stayed in port but it was already to late for those who had left a few hours earlier. Peit Hein was held as a hero for his Bloodless take over of a very rich Spanish Treasure fleet."

*looks at the men in the room*

" I am hoping with this information we have gathered. We will also be held as hero's of our cause. "
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:53 pm

"Fascinating. But I wasn't talking about the song. As for the information, I do not know about heroes, but I do think they may be profitable. Assuming, of course, that they are not dummy charts to through us off, yes?"
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 8:10 pm

*looks around to see if anyone comes forward to go on patrol*

*whistles*

*looks around at everyone waiting for someone to speak*

(( as for the valid excuse for having cheese, here it is Link I was the first to find it on the English ship Razz. ))
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:39 am

"And it is for that very reason," Émile said after a period of silence, referring to the question of the charts' merit, “amongst others, that we should take a moment to examine them, I think. Monsieur de Groot, s'il vous plait…”
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 1:15 am

*stairs blankly at Emile then understands his last few words*

"One moment let me find the Charts."

*Jasper starts to dig through his biggest leather bag and once done pulls out a large mound of rolled up papers and before setting them down wipes the table clean of the cheese crumbs that he was eating then places the maps and Charts on the table for all the Captians to see*

"Let us see what information we can gleen from these maps..."

*after a few min of look the maps over Jasper starts to smile*

"I have seen some of these markings before, but I don't know how athentic they are..."

In the Aftermath 19517

In the Aftermath CARIB105A

*Hands Emile what looks to be the Captians Log Book as well*

Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 5:04 am

After observing the situation for a while Olaf gets highly annoyed of the dutch song.

"Wilhelm... Can I throw him over..."

Before ending his sentence he sees the charts. And luckily for Jasper, forgets his plan.

"Hmm, theres some mighty fine charts you got there."
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Character sheet

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 11:35 am

Aidan browses the maps as he sips his wine and notices what appears to be a bloody thumbprint a little north of the isle of Statia. Upon closer inspection Aidan notices a small heart drawn within the print and a date.

"Here now, what do you all make of this?" Aidan asks as he points out the print. "It appears to indicate a position north of Statia but I know of no islands that far out to sea in that region? The date is a bit smudged but seems to read either June or July 16th... May I request that one of you gentlemen see if that logbook references either of those dates? Perhaps it may help shed some light on the validity of these charts?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 2:02 pm

In the Aftermath CARIB105B

*Jasper pulls out another half of one of the maps*

*hands the log to the Bishop*

"It's in Latin... I think"

"I can't read latin."
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Character sheet

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 10:55 pm

"Ah, much thanks to you my dear Jasper". Aidan pulls out his specticals and begins leafing through the log. "You are quite on the mark with your conclusion about it being Latin. A very rough form of it though. As a boy he must have skipped one to many lessons. That is a terrible problem with the aristocracy in this evil age. It is a sure sign that the apostle John was quite true when he said... oh, I'm rambling again... where was I... ah, here we are, June 16th it must be. It begins by describing thier discovery of small uncharted tract of reef with an old wreck spotted upon it. They speak of planning to investigate the next morn... let us see... hmmm, strange indeed... the following days entry simply states... 'We must return in strength to retrieve the heart'.

Aidan pauses as he continues to browse the remaining entries. "It appears as though the poor Capitain was attempting to secure more coin to ensure his return to the reef was in the company of a few hired ships but does not state his reasons for desiring to do so. What do you all make of it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 3:49 pm

OxBaker wrote:
"Ah, much thanks to you my dear Jasper". Aidan pulls out his specticals and begins leafing through the log. "You are quite on the mark with your conclusion about it being Latin. A very rough form of it though. As a boy he must have skipped one to many lessons. That is a terrible problem with the aristocracy in this evil age. It is a sure sign that the apostle John was quite true when he said... oh, I'm rambling again... where was I... ah, here we are, June 16th it must be. It begins by describing thier discovery of small uncharted tract of reef with an old wreck spotted upon it. They speak of planning to investigate the next morn... let us see... hmmm, strange indeed... the following days entry simply states... 'We must return in strength to retrieve the heart'.

Aidan pauses as he continues to browse the remaining entries. "It appears as though the poor Capitain was attempting to secure more coin to ensure his return to the reef was in the company of a few hired ships but does not state his reasons for desiring to do so. What do you all make of it?"

*Jasper spots a paper that had fallen oot of the book as he handed the book to the Bishop and waits for the Bishop to get done with what he was saying*

"Well, I don't know much about latin, as you plainly pointed out. However, I do spot things better then a person with glasses."

*winks at the Bishop and hands him the peice that had fallen from the book*

"No harm done though."

*pats the bishop on the back with a hearty knock that vibrates his glasses to the tip of his nose*
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Character sheet

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 3:26 pm

"Yes, well, what have we here? Hmm... Seems the Captain fancied himself a bit of an artist." Aidan places the opened paper on the table.
http://www.shipwreckworld.com/photogallery/ImageViewer.aspx?image=80.jpg

OOC: Strange that my picture posts never want to display properly in these forums Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 5:07 pm

(( Bishop your link was broken so i took the curtisy of fixing it for you. The reason why your link dosen't work is because the guy has it encrypted and it will not link to just the picture. The guy who drew this must have been a touchy artist. Razz ))

http://www.shipwreckworld.com/photogallery/374.aspx

"Intresting..."

*the only word that leaves Jaspers lips*
Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:28 pm

"I am going to go with, (deadpan) Must be a trap..."

*sits down unhappy about something*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In the Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Aftermath   In the Aftermath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Aftermath
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy RP Forums :: The Albatross-
Jump to: