Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted)   Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 11:58 pm

Good people of the Highland Confederacy, I’m sure you are all curious of why I have gathered you here in this establishment, known for its fine wines and, more importantly, its discretion.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Wilhelm von Somborn, youngest brother of the Graf of Somborn in the German principality of Hesse-Kassel. I assure you that my brother has nothing to do with my visit this day. After all, given the sentiments following the recent war for Spanish succession, it would be less than advisable for citizens of the Holy Roman Empire to ally themselves with the French at this time. No, I am here entirely of my own initiative.

Be that as it may, let us say that there are those who are not entirely unsympathetic to the oppressed people of the Highlands. Or rather, let us say that there are those who find the Elector of Hanover to be less than suited to rule a nation, much less the sovereign peoples of Scotland.

You understand that my supporters cannot be seen as openly supporting your movement, so for the time being, only I and my factor, Miss Elisa Kraus, will be able to aid you. I have carefully cultivated a reputation for impetuousness, so there is no need to fear that any will suspect that you have gained more than the assistance of a foolish fop.

Character Description: A flamboyant 22 year old man dressed in bright reds and whites. Upon first glance he seems little more than a fool, but occasionally his eyes show a sharpness that betrays a carefully hidden intellect. Elisa is not present at this meeting.

Player Description: I am 25 years old, and I am currently teaching English in Japan, although I am scheduled to return to the States at the start of August. I will be entering graduate school for library science this coming fall. I have played numerous MMORPGs before, but the only one I was in a guild in was WoW, in which I was an officer in a guild of roughly thirty members.

Official Forum Name: twhelves

Profession: Wilhelm: Privateer, Elisa (alt): Merchant

Me and RP:

To me, RP is something you do for fun. I’m not a method actor, and I’ve never been so in character that I felt I was the character. I guess you could say that I think of RP as a mask. Its something that you wear, not something that you become. That having been said, wearing an RP mask can be very fun. Otherwise I wouldn’t play dnd, deadlands, etc, nor would I be applying to this guild. Like Ophelie, I also don’t mind OOC comments too much, although I can see where some people would, and depending on the timing I can get annoyed too.

Reason for Applying:

I wish to join the Highland Confederacy for a variety of reasons. I chose France for the same reason as the Confederacy itself did: England and Pirate are going to be filled to the brim, and I’d like a bit of breathing room.

I’ve played both with and without a guild, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I like playing with a guild better than without. When I started looking for a French society, the name caught my attention and so I decided to look into it. As I read through the info on the main forum, I thought about how this would work with my idea of a German noble at sea, and I liked the direction it took me.

The fact that an RP society reduces the amount of 1337 I have to deal with is another plus.

I’m sorry if this is a bit long, but being an assistant English teacher in Japan involves a lot of sitting around bored in the office. On the up side, no one can read this to know that I’m writing an application to a guild in a pirate themed game.

-edit- I should mention that the reason Elisa has no specific information yet is because her details just aren't decided yet. In large part what she ends up like depends upon what I can do with the character creater. I want to make her a fairly plain woman, but all I've seen in the various video clips are women with what can be called dynamite bodies. If thats all you can make, I'll have to rework my idea for her.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted)   Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 1:00 pm

Mr. Somborn,

Your message was received with great interest. You might find us currently massing in Martinique in the Lesser Antilles. Though we may soon remove our operations to a location unknown to all save ourselves. Please make haste to join us so that we might properly introduce ourselves and meet you. Freedom is not a Scottish right alone, so your nationality make no nevermind to us. We should soon have the pleasure of making your acquaintance where you can tell us more about yourself and your charge over a stout pint.

signed Hamish MacBane, Captain.

OOC: Thanks for you app, it was great. I have added you as a recruit. Please feel free to jump in. Some of the other members may reply here with questions, etc. Welcome and we look forward to getting to know you! You don't have to feel the need to reply to the above RP unless you choose. Please use our RP forums if you choose to. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted)   Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 3:43 pm

Aye! A fellow Hessian! Although I have not had competition in many years I can honestly say that I am happy to know there will be someone who will be able to keep up with myself in lager! *Raises Mug* Heres one to Hesse my friend, Heres one to Scotland and Heres one to the Confederacy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted)   Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 4:55 pm

Yes, I am glad to have someone to share lager with myself. I don't have the opportunity to partake of much other than fine wines. Of all the sacrifices I make to maintain this foppish farce, that perhaps lies upon me the most heavily.

To Scottland, the Confederacy and Hesse! Auf Schottland!

OOC:
I didn't even notice we had another Hesse-based character before I posted my history. Actually, I just chose to base the character off an ancestor of mine. One of my ancestors was indeed the younger son of the Graf of Somborn... a couple of hundred years before the game was set, but I'll just claim artistic license.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted)   Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 4:01 am

OSS: My aunt told me that the hessian part of my family history came over to America fighting for the British in the revolutionary war. I dont know how the hell she figured this out but its a cool story so I'll go with it cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted)   Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:36 pm

((OOC- Hajimemashite, boku mo nihongo o Benkyoshimasu. Sorekara nihon de gakusei arimashita - Nara Kyoiku Daigaku. Sorry for my bad Japanese, it's been a very long time since I've been in my books. I taught English for a short while also ~ Osaka & Nara. Nice to meet you.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted)   Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wilhelm von Somborn (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1