Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nora Gaunson, privateer

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Nora Gaunson, privateer Empty
PostSubject: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 5:27 pm

Feasgar math and greetings to the Highland Confederacy --

I am Nora Gaunson, of the Clan Gunn. I sail as a privateer for the French until the King comes back over the water. I was born in 1703; my father Uilleam Gaunson sailed honorably with the Royal Scottish Navy until the Honoverian overthrow forced him to turn privateer for the French. It was on his ship I first took to sea, and learned seamanship and navigation. When English chain shot took both his legs a couple of months ago, he retired to Martinique and made me captain, in spite of my age. Now I hunt the English and wait for the day when we expel the Hanoverian pretender. It is my hope to join with like-minded Jacobites in the Highland Confederacy to speed the return of the true King.

Long live King James III/VIII!

Alba gu brath

OOC:

Official forun name: monster98

Profession:

Privateer. I take the French flag as King James has made alliances with them. Apart from that, I have no especial reason to favor France. And the Spaniards were worse than useless in the 1719 uprising.

What is RP to me?

There are lots of ways to do RP, but mostly it is taking on a persona, and interacting with the world as the persona would do. It isn't just sitting about on a dock and saying YARR! -- in the context of PotBS, it could mean anything between hanging out at the local tavern (drinking rum and indeed saying YARR! a lot) to hunting in a Highland wolf pack for unwary British ships.

Why would I like to join the Highland Confederacy?

Are you kidding? A historically actually somewhat accurate game, with a bunch of like-minded fans of the Highlands? RP experiences in a group that actually cares enough about the history to write up reasonable character bios? Long ago, I belonged to a re-enactment group that represented the 1745 uprising. I imagine this could be a bit like that, except with virtual ships instead of real muskets, and with no long drives to out-of-the-way events.

On a side note, please have a look at and vote on some flags I have submitted! And do please let me know what you think of them. Here are the links:

http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=uc/viewItem&item_id=13033

http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=uc/viewItem&item_id=13028

http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=uc/viewItem&item_id=13018
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:47 pm

((Welcome to the boards! It's getting a bit late here so I'm going to leave your IC welcome until sometime tomorrow morning, but I will go ahead and add you as a recruit. Feel free to browse through any of our threads and, if you feel so inspired, to contribute. Smile ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:30 am

Nora Gaunson

I am sorry to hear about your father´s condition, it must have been tough for you but at the same time opening a great opportunity.
You are young indeed and some might not take you to serious consideration, but nevertheless I personally believe that with proper quidance and company well make you a fine captain. I now invite you to join the Confederacy. Observe and learn.

Proprietor Olaf Susiluoto - Highland Confederacy

((Hi there Nora and welcome to the HC. Btw, dont mind that age thing. It doesnt matter but it could make an intresting Rp story for you. I hope you didnt mind me stealing the IC part... but hey, you got to put her as recruit Razz))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:35 pm

Feasgar math and greetings once again to the Highland Confederacy --

Pleased I am to be admitted to the Highland Confederacy. Together we shall harry the Pretender's shipping, and hasten the return of our true King, James III!

And Captain Susiluoto, if you will be so kind as to overlook my youth and vigor, then I will be happy to overlook your advanced age and frailty! I will be pleased to learn from my fellow Highlanders any of the finer points of privateering my father might have missed.

Alba gu brath

Nora Gaunson of Clan Gunn, Captain of the cutter Sutherland

((and ooc, thanks for having me in the Highland Confederacy! I don't mind that age thing at all -- I am indeed hoping to make an RP story out of it. So Olaf, feel free to use it.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:05 pm

SIDE ROOM of the ALBATROSS

"I understand your misgivings but please allow me to tell you the tale of a boy from my village of Montpellier in Southern France. He called himself Wulf and he was perhaps ten or eleven years old when he started his little gang of 'Le Sufferable'. He gathered all the street kids, either those with no families left in the world, or runaways... street beggars really. He started a racket where they all shared in their "profits". They developed elaborate strategies to outsmart folk or to outmaneuver the grown up gangs and he was brilliant at using the illusion of weakness and innocence to turn any situation to the favor of his gang. They even recruited rich kids through peer pressure and reputation to help and unimaginably clever ways.....

... and now, not only is he one of the richest men in Montpellier, he also gives regularly to charities and has never forgotten one friend from his early days, no-matter how small or in what minute way they contributed to his cause.

So, as you can see, youth can be just as clever and successful as..."

Pausing to reflect, Benoit glances up to reflect on the fading daylight as it dances across the back wall.

"Perhaps more so that those with so-called wisdom who are set in their ways and retain little in the way of imagination."

Finishing his drink he stands and grabs his coat.

"I for one am excited about the possibilities."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:56 am

Feasgar math to the Confederacy --

I'm a recruit to the Confederacy now. I'd love to actually be part of the Confederacy on the high seas! Will there be someone in Charlesfort tomorrow evening who might give me an invite?

Thanks!

Captain N. Gaunson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:34 am

Welcome, Nora Gaunson! Ah'l keep a weather eye out for ye on the Burning Sea.

Jack McBain

ooc

Today (Friday, Dec 14) is the only day this weekend that I will be around (the Holidays hold many obligations), but I shall be looking for you. Émile deMontfort will add your name to the roster as a recruit and you will receive an automatically invitation the next time you log into potbs. See you soon!

/ooc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 8:28 pm

Not only shall the red coats pay for what they have done to you and your father my troubled yet most determined friend, in me i swear ye shall have a strong and even more determined ally!

Yours sincerely milady,

Capt. Henk Owl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:48 am

Hello again, everyone --

How does one move from being a recruit to a member? Having sailed with the Confederacy for a time on Blackbeard, I am eager to be a full member.

Capt. N. Gaunson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:23 am

Hi Nora, I believe the officers look at activity and put up nominations for members to consider and then place an invite based on the rusults.
I think they are hard at work; doing just that, but with the game nearing it's start there have been a large number of new recruits so I think it's quite a choir for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 1:20 am

Lisette von Klein tips her hat in salute to Nora. "Gud, another of stronger sex. Gudrun, you keep eye for her too?"

Gudrun smiles indulgently at Lisette, and nods her agreement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nora Gaunson, privateer   Nora Gaunson, privateer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nora Gaunson, privateer
Page 1 of 1