HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Andre McGoonagul

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Andre McGoonagul Empty
PostSubject: Andre McGoonagul   Andre McGoonagul Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:23 pm

Hear now the dread saga of His Majesty James Stuartís Royal Bagpiper, Andre McGoonagul.

In 1715 the Old Pretender, Prince James Francis Edward Stuart left Britain
for the final time and tried to return to his exile in France. However his protector, Louis XIV had died and the new regime wanted nothing to do with a James, viewing him only as an embarrassment. With no other option James went to Rome, depending on the charity of the Pope, who granted him the use of the Palazzo Muti. There James lived for the rest of his days
with only a handful of loyal retainers.

Amongst his retinue was the Royal Bagpiper, one Andrew McGoonagul.
Long years spent in France and Italy corrupted his name to Andre, but his skills with the pipes were in frequent demand. This demand only increased in Rome, where McGoonagul quickly became a minor celebrity, playing his unusual music for a number of local dignitaries. However there were
those who did not approve of the ďdevil musicĒ, including the Pope. Word was passed to Prince James that the pipes would have to go. Using what
little influence he still had in France, James was able to arrange a commission for his loyal servant, on a ship bound for the Caribbean.

Though the crossing was a long and difficult one, McGoonagul did much to raise the morale of the crew, by playing hornpipes and jigs on request.
Unfortunately the captain did not survive the voyage. It is believed
that the heavy padding he took to wearing over his ears deafened him to the warning shouts about the swinging boom that knocked him overboard. With no other ranking person aboard, McGoonagul assumed command, and displayed a hitherto unsuspected talent for command and sailing.

Since his arrival in the Caribbean, Captain McGoonagul has maintained his command, and greatly enhanced his reputation through several skirmishes with pirate vessels. However he is starting to seek out those vessels flying the hated white ensign, once more carrying the fight to the enemies of his old master.

Captain Andre McGoonagul, Officer in the French Navy, reporting for duty.

Hello all assembled.

My name is Andrew and I live in England, though have Scottish roots. Iím in my early twenties, though hopefully more mature than most in this age range! This is actually my first MMO (Iím a long standing veteran of the Total War series, though I also enjoyed Sid Meiers Pirates for some nautical
experience) so Iím still getting the hang of things. I do have a strong interest in history, and in particular all things naval. Hopefully this is something your society can help me with.
I submit my application to the house and hope for a positive response. Otherwise it's back to the half pay scrap pile for me!

Any further questions, just ask.

Regards all and good hunting!

p.s. I am also a genuine bagpiper...
Back to top Go down

Andre McGoonagul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andre McGoonagul   Andre McGoonagul Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:43 pm

It's a pleasure to make your aquaintence. I am a fan of Toal war myself (Specifically the Shogun and Rome versions).

I've met a few 'bagpipers', as you put it, in my day and am awed by the skill and melody they create. It is my sincere hope that you find a home here amoung us and share in the many adventures that are sure to come.
Back to top Go down

Andre McGoonagul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andre McGoonagul   Andre McGoonagul Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:48 am

The Saga Continues...

In the wake of the recent cut backs on the French navy, Captain McGoonagul found himself retired on half pay, with only his pipes for company. Within days, the landlocked life proved not to his liking and more and more time was spent walking among the docks looking whistfully at the crowds of masts. With few prospects awaiting him back in the Old World, McGoonagul determined to carve his own out of the New. Investing the few funds he still possessed in a mothballed ship, he set out to sea once more, though this time the only master he would serve was himself. The pipes will sound once more...

OOC - Following the wipe and the departure of my Navy Officer, I thought I'd try a new career as a privateer. I'm currently flying my flag in "Midnight's Runner' (a Bermuda sloop). Hope you are still recruiting!
Back to top Go down

Andre McGoonagul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andre McGoonagul   Andre McGoonagul Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 8:16 am

OOC:
Looks good to me. I've added you as a recruit. If you want to work on an in character meeting between your character and the Confederacy, you can either do that here or in the Albatross. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Andre McGoonagul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andre McGoonagul   Andre McGoonagul Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Andre McGoonagul
Page 1 of 1