HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Maisie Fraser

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Maisie Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Maisie Fraser   Maisie Fraser Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 1:09 am

Dear Sirs,

I write this Missive in hopes that I may find a Place among you, for various reasons.

I am Newly come to this New World, and I find myself at a loss.

Firstly, let me explain some of my Virtues, to give you some idea of my personal Character. I am a good ship's captain. My men listen to me, and we all work well together. Please do not let my gender lull you. I can be ruthless strong when I need to be, my life in the Highlands assured that.

I am educated, and have a Good Head for business, and plan to turn my hand to turn the abundance of resources into a tidy profit, so that I may eventually Thrive here comfortably.

Also, I should say that I have many reasons to Hate the Sassenachs and will happily sink a British ship just as soon as I would look at it.

Lastly, I will be completely Forthright with you, I miss the sound of gaelic, the comeraderie of my kinsmen and the ease to be myself.

It is maybe this reason that is most helping me choose to come to you.

Sincerely,

Maisie Fraser
~Je Suis Prest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Description

Maisie is a relatively young(early 20's) woman. She's tallish for a woman of the times(abt. 5' 6"), and slender, not in the willowy way some girls are, but more like a post, or a pole. It would take very little for her to pass as a young man, but she is not ugly...just average-looking, really. Red hair, eyes a brownish-gold. She's relatively quiet, unless she's roused about something, and intensely protective of her crew and any she calls "friend". She doesn't talk about her background much, other than to say things like "I grew up in the Hi'lands. YOU tell me how it was." She's obviously educated, but to what extent you'll have to guess. She knows at least a little of several languages(and is generally at least proficient enough to swear in them.), and seems to be an adept merchant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Player Description

I'm a mid 30's(*mourns her youth, or something*) work at home housefrau kind of woman. I have played several online games, and in a couple cases(Everquest, and Everquest 2), spent several *years* in their roleplay communities, including leading and/or officering in several good sized RP guilds.

On the FLS forums, my username is ashirin(and I've been through several different character ideas *laugh*), although I don't post there a whole lot.

Maisie will be(as soon as I'm done here and go roll her up) a Freetrader, focusing at first on provisioning, I believe, then later, whatever churns her butter, really.

What is RP to me?

The real reason I play these games. In this game, particularly, it's about breathing new life into an important part of our history. Kind of like a very wild SCA party with no reaosnable end. *smile* And, to a lesser degree, a way to connect with folks who share my passion for all things "high seas" (and my passion to all things Highland, which I'll get to in a moment.)

Why I want to join the Highland Confederacy

Goodness! You've combined my love of the age of pirates with my obsession for all things Scots. How could I *not* want to? /grin

Seriously. I was pleasantly flabbergasted that there were enough others like me to warrant a society. I had planned to play an Expat Scot *anyway*, although I'd thought to make her British, however, making her a Freetrader for the French actually makes more sense, both in an RP sense, and a history sense.

So, that'll about do it, as I can't think of anything else of great import at the moment. Feel free to ask any questions, and I look forward to meeting some of you in game soon!
Back to top Go down

Maisie Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maisie Fraser   Maisie Fraser Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:05 pm

Ms. Fraser,

Let me start by apologizing that I, at least, will be unable to aid you in your desire to hear gaelic, but I assure you that many here are more than capable of talking your ears off. We of the Confederacy are always interested in acquiring another skilled businessman (or indeed, woman, for that matter), and if they have somewhat, shall we say, aggressive tendencies towards a certain nation, all the better. I believe I can safely say that you are welcome among us. Seek us out under the sign of the Albatross in Martinique.

OOC:
Welcome indeed. It is always good to find another gullible fool to fill out the ranks of my... I mean to find another dedicated RP'er with whom we can all have a wonderful time. It sounds like you should fit right in here. So make yourself and home and make me a pie (and I promise that will be the last of those jokes that I shall make).
Back to top Go down

Maisie Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maisie Fraser   Maisie Fraser Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:33 pm

Thank you sir, for your time, and I will endeavor to look for you soon.

((*sticks her tongue out* Bah.! Smile ))
Back to top Go down

Maisie Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maisie Fraser   Maisie Fraser Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 5:13 pm

Captain Fraser,

Tis with pleasure I've read your narrative and warmly welcome ye to our small group of rebellious (even rambunctious) comrades fighting the good fight to restore James VIII to his rightful place as king of Scotland and England.

Whether ye be free trader or privateer, ye be needed here and glad we are to welcome ye.

Your humble servant,

Jack

Captain Jack McBain
Highland Confederacy

ooc
Like you, I could not believe it when I stumbled across HC's forum and discovered a whole group of likeminded folk. And though our 'power-mad' high Pooh-Bah, Herr Wilhelm van Somborn, speaks Scots with a strong German accent, his heart is basically all soft when it comes to James and his followers. Never-the-less we do have some genuine citizens of Scotland and Ireland in HC to serenade us in Gaelic

I tell ye true lass, this is a great place to hang your tartan, bagpipes and harp.
/ooc
Back to top Go down

Maisie Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maisie Fraser   Maisie Fraser Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 5:48 pm

If Gaelic is what you want then allow me to be the first to say...
Deas Git Konas Taw Tu
Back to top Go down

Maisie Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maisie Fraser   Maisie Fraser Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 5:51 pm

Seamus O'Flynn wrote:
If Gaelic is what you want then allow me to be the first to say...
Deas Git Konas Taw Tu

Seamus, me lad...wha de ye sa?

Jack
Back to top Go down

Maisie Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maisie Fraser   Maisie Fraser Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:00 am

What can I say? Jack and Seamus has welcomed you so elloquently that I fear my words would only ruin the atmosphere; at last I can not stop myself.

It is a pleasure to make your aquaitence and I hope you find a very comfortable spot amongst this fine group of like minded dogs and ruffians.
... good folk; one and all.
Back to top Go down

Maisie Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maisie Fraser   Maisie Fraser Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 8:21 pm

Walks in only briefly feelin' as thirsthy as ever...

Welcome to this refuge 'o sorts milady, and know that i shall not make the mistake of underestimating any that brave the seas or oppression for that matter!

*Bows*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maisie Fraser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maisie Fraser   Maisie Fraser Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maisie Fraser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: The Old Recruitment Office-
Jump to: