Edwin Stewart

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edwin Stewart

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Character sheet
Locations: Tampa, New Orleans
Production: Ironmongery and Naval Stores (Guns, shot,repair items, keels, frames, planks, mast, spars, sails, rigging, tar, etc Everything but assembly)
Requirements: Ores and logs

PostSubject: Edwin Stewart   Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:17 pm

Dear Sirs and Madams;

If I may be permitted the favor of imposing upon your attention, but I have learned of your esteemed Confederacy, and finding myself alone on these foriegn shores, have wishs to communicate with my brethern Scots.

By way of introduction, I am Edwin Stewart, a Freetrader shipwright late of Strathclyde, forced abroad by the late scourging of our common natal lands, brought low buy the scurrilous lies of a saxon scullion who despised his rightful King and myself. After fleeing to the Kingdom of France with "a relative", I found passage to the New World, attempting to make Darien, but was attacked by corsairs, and landed in Charlesfort. Through deligent work, I have rasied a Deed scrivner and oak lumber factory in Grenville on the Flordia Straits, and further have a brace of sail and many devious recipts and drawings of cunning devices, but lack the necessary aquantences and holds to move goods and develop the factories further.

If a meeting could be arranged with like minded individuals, I would be so indebted. I shall be In Grenville or working the coast of Louisiana in Lord of Bute chasse-mare this evening the 11th.

Excepting what is given to the King abroad; I am respectfully yours

Edwin Stewart

Hello, My name is John Hardiman (jehardiman) and I am a Professional Engineer (Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering). I have been following the development of PotBS for the last two years, but just got into the open beta. Historical ship development and design has always been a hobby of mine (like duh!... it's why I became a Naval Architect) and I see the game system as a way to vicariously live that time. I am also a Renaissance re-enactor, fencer, and have played wargames/RPG's/computer games since the late 70's so I am very familiar with the genre. This is my first MMOG, though we have a LAN in the house to play NWN/NWN2

I expect to be online 2-3 hrs, 3-4 times a week, mainly 9-12 pm pst (0500-0800Z) on weeknights after the kids are asleep. Edwin is hosted on Blackbeard and is presently a 7th level Freetrader. Besides the deed shop and a Large shipyard plan, I have most of the recipes for medium shipbuilding and small outfit (I think). Additionally, I personally can teach sailing tactics as it appears that the NPC's and their ships are easy to handle if you follow historical tactics because they don't seem follow them. I have been jumped once with my PvP flag on (traped in Biscayne Bay), but I easily outsailed the larger vessel
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Stewart   Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:57 am

Captain Stewart,

My sincerest apologies for being unable to meet with you the other day. It is my hope that this letter finds you still in good health and good spirits. I believe we of the Confederacy we would be delighted to add you to our numbers in the service of this righteous cause.

Wilhelm von Somborn
Proprietor-General
The Highland Confederacy

OOC: You, sir, sound like an incredibly useful recruit, and I do apologize for not getting back to you until now. At the moment my play schedule is a might erratic, so I cannot promise to be on at any given time to meet with you (especially as I'm generally sleeping by 9PM pst). I can, however, add you as a recruit and send you an invite in the beta. Feel free to jump right in and start posting or playing.
Back to top Go down
Edwin Stewart

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Character sheet
Locations: Tampa, New Orleans
Production: Ironmongery and Naval Stores (Guns, shot,repair items, keels, frames, planks, mast, spars, sails, rigging, tar, etc Everything but assembly)
Requirements: Ores and logs

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Stewart   Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:10 pm

Most Esteemed Proprietor-General,

I do hope this missive finds you well.

Alas, I do understand the vagrances of time, however all was not lost as I did encounter Seamus O'Flynn in Grenville the 12th instant. We had a conversation and some trading and I shall endevor to have a set of ways laid and a pit saw shortly. As I did confide in him, it is iron goods that I am sorely lacking and I soon will be venturing to the Port St Joe area to begin construction of said factory.

Also let me enlighten you that as of my last landing in Charlesfort, there seem to be a lack of the most base repair items there...nothing a pinch-penny yonker still wet from the crossing can afford. I have set a small venture there with some goods I have manufactured, and will see how the market responds. It is my hope that the comming settlers will be in need of low cost good that can be presented with profit.

I remain your most hummble servant,

Edwin Stewart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edwin Stewart   

Back to top Go down

Edwin Stewart
Page 1 of 1