Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lettre de l'introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lettre de l'introduction Empty
PostSubject: Lettre de l'introduction   Lettre de l'introduction Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:10 am

Messieurs:

Bonjour mes amis écossais, as I write this letter from the Château des Ducs de Bretagne the last of my Earthly possessions are being loaded on Le Poulet in the harbor of Nantes. You see Messieurs, I have done a foolish thing, and soon if I am not careful I will find myself put before a magistrate to answer charges of treason against the Regency.

I doubt the details will interest ones such as yourself, and as my time is brief, so will I be. I must make flight for the Caribbean, where I hope, I might keep one step ahead of le Régent.

I only write this letter because I think that of all the people on the Earth, it is you who might understand the plight of les Britanniques, we are not, after all very much unlike you and your Kingdom.

I would be able to offer much to the Confederacy, as I am and was an accomplished trader with a sizable Company in Nantes, and have extensive experience with maritime affairs. I would be happy to offer you my undying loyalty and the service of my ship and crew if you would but offer me sanctuary as Philip de Valois once gave sanctuary to your King David II in the olden days.

Sincèrement

Marinus Marchand, Monsieur de Nantes

-------------
((OOC Part))

Player Name: Marinus Marchand - Freetrader, swordsman, gentleman extrodinare, and conspirator

Forum name: Lantenac

RP is: Helping others to immerce themselves in a fanciful experience and at the same time creating a lively and fun community.

I want to join the Highland Confederacy because I think it is a community of like-minded people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lettre de l'introduction   Lettre de l'introduction Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:11 pm

OOC: Looks like a good introduction, on the whole. One thing that I would appreciate would be if you could give a bit more of an idea of how you think of us as being "like-minded." Aside from that looks nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lettre de l'introduction   Lettre de l'introduction Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 7:19 pm

OOC: You know on second reading, that was a bit vague. By like minded I mean to say that from the style and form of the posts on this board, it looks like I have a similar attitude towards RP. In that it is a commitment that the membership takes seriously. Time and effort is spent on the posts here, but without forgetting why we play games to begin with. (believe me, I've seen it happen, too many times)

In other words a group that knows how to RP and have fun at the same time without losing anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lettre de l'introduction   Lettre de l'introduction Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:52 am

Marinus Marchand, Monsieur de Nantes,

Greetings and welcome to the Highland Confederacy. Please feel comfortable to make yourself at home.

Though many of us are here being primarily called to the singular purpose of restoring James to his rightful place as king of Scotland and England, others are here for shall we say, 'reasons of their own'. Those who labor toward other pursuits are greatly appreciated by all who share the name Highland Confederacy.

You're most welcomed here.

Commodore Jack McBain
Highland Confederacy

ooc
Marinus, please wander about the forums, read what is of interest, contribute as you choose; all with the expectations of being in the pleasant company of like minded fellow travelers. When you are ready, you are cordially invited to stop by The Albatross. Some one is sure to be there or stop by soon to deepen your involvement in The Highland Confederacy.
/ooc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lettre de l'introduction   Lettre de l'introduction Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 10:34 am

Commodore McBain,

Your welcome is most appreciated, and I can assure you that I have no more love for les goddams than yourself. I remember what they did at Port Royale and the shameful Peace of Utrecht.

As for my part, if pressing the legitimate claims of H.M. James III is your aim, then you shall suffer no complaint from me.

Marinus Marchand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lettre de l'introduction   Lettre de l'introduction Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:09 pm

Someone mention the treaty 'o Utrecht?!

Ah it is good to see you by the way...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lettre de l'introduction   Lettre de l'introduction Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 4:10 pm

Ah, I did mention that shameful document... What would you say of it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lettre de l'introduction   Lettre de l'introduction Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 6:27 pm

Well as you may have read in the biography 'o me, i was born there in the year of our Lord 1681.

To tell truth i know litle of that document or its proposed treaty but i do believe ye are referring to the outcome of that document, the English gaining even more power as well as wealth?!

If that be the case i support your statement sir with every fiber in my body, a disgrace indeed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lettre de l'introduction   Lettre de l'introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lettre de l'introduction
Page 1 of 1