HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 10:14 pm

Can anyone make me this flag, since i believe that my current that is up for voting will not be permitted since it is a existin' flag!

I would like a somewhat (faded) weathered background that is purple! If someone could use this sword in it
(silver/white coloured and placed upright instead 'o lying down) i will be most gratefull!

Or placed like the sword in Thomas Tew's flag...

And while i am examining most ancient works on the art of heraldry and such i came up with yet another great idear!
I will be wanting this owl in it for i do believe that it looks somewhat scary!

If possible make it somewhat like a pirate flag, perhaps two swords on either side...

As always most gratefull indeed!

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:36 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 10:38 pm

Personal flags are allowed, but we do prefer that members use the society sails (currently out of commission due to some bugs). As for how to make flags, there should be a fair amount of information in the user content section on the fls site and boards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 4:12 pm

Vielen dank herr von Somborn, i shall look into the matter with due haste!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:00 am

Owl! Wot are ye tinkin mon? Do ya even know wat a piece a chalk be, much less draw figurs wit it? <laughs and dances a jig>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 9:43 am

Some tutorials:

http://potbs.coldfront.net/index.php/content/category/4/36/69/

http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=uc/help

Essentially:

2.0 Flags

What size and format do I use for flag textures?
128w x 85h, 24-bit or 32-bit PNG format (non-interlaced). 32-bit PNG
includes an alpha channel, which may be used for flag transparency.

What is the file size limitation on flag textures?
49k.

(From the Burning Sea website)

Tried making one myself not too long ago, they're quite small. Heh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:34 am

Cordain GreyLore wrote:
Owl! Wot are ye tinkin mon? Do ya even know wat a piece a chalk be, much less draw figurs wit it?

Hahaha, ye be witty mate! Very Happy

I am not very good at making flags or anything else for that matter, i lack the skills as well as the software...

I do have a most humble request if anyone would be willin'! Looking for someone that is in fact an artist and who wants to make moi (yours truly) a flag. Most prefered the below one but instead 'o the black be it in purple (weathered a wee bit is fine as well as flag textured), the sword either whitish or silver ye deceide however i do believe the white to be more visibly visible if that makes any sense...
Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! 300px-Pirate_Flag_of_Thomas_Tew.svg
It goes without saying 'o course that ye will have me eternal gratitude as well as
some reward upon arriving in the "West Indies"!

Be you gent we shall discuss dubloons, but be ye lady well that's an entirely different matter... Wink

And in case ye be wonderin' as to the more "darker" motives behind that choice 'o flag?

"MIND YER OWN BUSINESS I SAY"!

Well just jesting there, i happen to have some admiration for the gentleman that flew those excact colours since he was somewhat ahead 'o his time in his views of others. He actively attacked any "slavers" and presented their human cargo a choice: freedom or die, i mean join! His views about other less fortunate in those days i find amazing as well as revolutionary, because he saw the black man as equal while the world thought otherwise!

Hail to him and his French friend...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:28 pm

How about that, Owl?

Last edited by on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:33 pm

That's it!!!

I am so very grateful, that is most precisely what i envisioned!

I salute you my friend...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Purplethomastewda2

I don't know if this is what you were looking for or not. Be advised, they probably will not like the historical reference with just a color change.

Whiskey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:18 am

*UPDATED*

Please see the first post...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:40 pm

Owl,
Let me know what you think about this one. I used colors that they accept, so it might not be this bright purple but it should work.

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=henkowlgl3.png

Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Henkowlgl3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:58 pm

You sir are an artist!!!

And to respond to a certain remark that has come to this here "gent's" attention, purple may be royal
but it is only because 'o the artist's touch...

Have already taken the liberty to submit it on the official forum, feel free to vote for my flag and Pete's creation...

Last edited by on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 7:19 pm

Owl,

If you'll include a URL link to your flag on the potbs site it will really help rake in the votes. The one you have given us goes just to the picture - no place to vote.

Thanks,

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:38 pm

No thank you Jack, silly me should be fixed now i hope!

Please gents as well as miladies only a few more votes needed as it seems!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:50 pm

I'd be happy to vote for your flag if'n I could find the link!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:50 am

Mathias Rhydderch wrote:
I'd be happy to vote for your flag if'n I could find the link!

Owl's Flag

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:43 am

Thanks laddy! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:39 am

Thankee Stramash!

You've got my vote now, Owl!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 4:04 am

Thank ye all for voting i really appreciate that!

And to my surprise the other flag created by Faolán seems to have been approved, a surprise because i was told that "historical" flags would not pass! I am very happy that it did anyway so thank ye very much mate for makin' me that one!

Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! 59be87529097e488e3b631d6a4c62bc7Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Eadd2c9c45ec261d4ae66276556fbd55

Now here's to that other flag as well that Pete made for me, having these two flags will really make my day!
And now it would seem that my second personal flag has been approved as well, this is indeed a most wonderful day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!   Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Owl's Colours please cast yer votes, a few more NEEDED!!!
Page 1 of 1