Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

(Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall) Empty
PostSubject: (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall)   (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:53 am

In Character Section

G'day, mates!

I'm Bognor Regis, Esq, Free Trader. Aye, a Lowlander, and likely a good deal of English blood in my veins. But I'm considering throwing my lot in with the Highlanders, if such as I can be accepted.

Character Description: Bognor Regis is a scion of a minor aristocratic family with run down estates along the border with England. Over the centuries his family has considered themselve both English and Scottish, depending on the then-current political situation.

Out of Character Section

Player Description: I'm Old. Very old. I live in the Pacific Northwest of the US and I work for a major aerospace manufacturer in the region. I travel a lot, but I have a friend I play with who can manage my factories at least while I am gone. I've played Bognor Regis in various forms in many different games, usually as a semi-aristocrat, well educated, generally in some form of trade more than combat, and usually a cheerful type. (When I want to play a young warrior type it's Conary Mor and my old, gruff, campaigner is Edeor MacGregor.)

One difficulty may arise. My friend is out of town for the weekend and he may either object to the level of roleplay required, since he claims not to be a roleplayer, though he's very good at it, and he may object to being in the French nation. I will update things on 03 or 04Jan.

Also note that I will be travelling on business (Bangkok!) from 06-12Jan so will not be in game until the 12th or 13th.

Official Forum Name: Bognor

Profession: Free Trader

What is RP to you? Fundamentally, RP is a sense of being, not any particular action. While I enjoy seeing and performing little "skits", they are not necessary to my sense of RP. Dialect and jargon are nice, but rarely do they add significantly to the sense of RP, unless the performer is truly an artist and can maintain consistency. (I'm reminded of the laconic Blori in DAoC, Albion, Nimue -- there's a guy who could pull off a speech pattern! I was stunned the first time he sent me a tell in normal speech, making arrangements for some armor or something.)

I highly prefer on topic guildchat, but I am not a fanatic about necessarily alway "in character". Typing words in a little box on a screen is a rather poor and tedious form of communication. On topic, but out of character, shortcuts are sometimes most appropriate. However, I loathe any reference to popular culture or current events while in game. Occasional out-of-character personal references are fine with me. I don't like frequent obscenity nor do I tolerate language that is disrespectful of other people or groups of people.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy? Purely and simply, I like the concept. It has historical resonance and most of my ancestors came from the Gaelic parts of the UK, so it has personal attraction.

Bognor Regis, Esq
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall)   (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 6:57 pm

Welcome friend if i may adres ye as such!

I am sure that any if not all who oppose usurpers will find their place in this society, 'o that i have no doubts!

And cleary you have been to Singapore, have ye not?! Wink

OOC:

Good travels mate and hopefully see you soon or at least hear more of you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall)   (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:01 pm

Owl wrote:
Welcome friend if i may adres ye as such!

I am sure that any if not all who oppose usurpers will find their place in this society, 'o that i have no doubts!

And cleary you have been to Singapore, have ye not?! Wink

OOC:

Good travels mate and hopefully see you soon or at least hear more of you!

Now there you have me, mate. I have been to Singapore a couple of times recently, and I assume your reference is OT since the city was founded well after 1720. How you guessed is beyond me...

I've also spent a good deal of time in Amsterdam. Smile

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall)   (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:58 pm

Captain Regis, allow me to assure you that your heritage should prove no hindrance to your membership in the Confederacy if your heart truly beats for the sake of freedom.

Wilhelm makes a mental note to have Eliza investigate the man... thoroughly.

Regardless, I bid you welcome to the Albatross, and do hope you will share a drink with us.

OOC:
Welcome, indeed. Put your feet up and stay for a while. I hope that everything with your friend goes well and we can have you as a loyal minio... member. Couldn't agree with you more about disparaging speech and the like by the way. Rest assured, such will not be tolerated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall)   (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:07 pm

Never met a man or woman from penzance who portrayed themselves as english. I suspect we may see the application of many men and women from Bognor or the Dartmoors or even the northerners of Yorkshire who also tend to think of themselves as a country alone rather than that as a member of england.

England starts at Hadrians Wall...for most people, it's only the english that see it otherwise.

One thing of note tho, Penzance is infamous for other "types" of sailors...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall)   (Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Bognor Regis enters the Society Recruitment Hall)
Page 1 of 1