HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies

Go down 
AuthorMessage

If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies Empty
PostSubject: If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies   If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:08 pm

If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentlewomen,

I, Conagh Macloran, being a stout and hardy seaman from the Isle of Skye, and of late plying the waters of the area known as the Burning Sea in the New World, do hereby pertition ye to consider this poor soul as a privateer in the society known as the Highland Confederacy. I furthermore do pertition ye to consider me brother, Andrew Macloran, a freetrader, for status in the society as well.

Me brother an me have been fightin' agin' King George an' his band o' murderous thugs who he be callin' the Royal Navie. An' them other thugs he be hirin' as privateers. We be agreed thet they be nuthin but common pirates an' scarce worthy of burial at sea when they be brought to their rightful and just end.

We hae' plyed the waters near the region called "Loosianner" and "Floryder" and we be fair right sailors. We hae become friends wi' the French what seem ter be most prevelent in this area, and they have accepted us as equals. Apparently, they be hatin' the English and Spanish as much as we do.

So there ye have it, thet be our pertition. We hope ye find us good eno' sailors what te be ye mates.

OOC Section:
My RL name is Bob Witham. I hail from Augusta, Maine, and I work for the State of Maine as a System Information Security Analyst. Not as glamorous as it sounds though,as most of the work is auditing and policy enforcement. Sad

My main, Conagh MacLoran, originally came from DAOC. He was a highlander fighter. I have no idea why I picked the name, it came to me once, and kind of stuck. I created a second persona, Andrew, to be a freetrader because frankly, I'm an alt-aholic. I can't stand playing one character for too long, and I need to "spread out" so to speak.

I read over the background of the HC, and thought that it sounded like a group I would want to associate with. I enjoy RP, and it looked like HC was a mild RP group that I could get involved with.

Thank you for your consideration.

Bob W.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies   If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 7:24 pm

Let me be the first to welcome ye and extend a hand mate, good you 'n your brother have found us 'ere in the West Indies...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies   If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:18 am

I thank ye fer the welcome. We shall do our best to contribute to the greater good. Me brother can hide from those villanous spanish and british, and I can send them to Davy Jone's locker. We'll join ye fer a pint in the tavern when we land in port.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies   If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 7:04 pm

My most well-played RP character of all time was also from DAoC:

Edeor MacGregor, Armsman, Phoenix Knight, Legendary Grandmaster Armorer, Guildmaster of the Royal Order of Knights, Nimue.

I played him on Nimue from Jan 2002 to the summer of 2003 when ToA was released. Since I really dislike raid quests and excessive item-based advantages, I quit DAoC and went to SWG.

The reason I am excited about PotBS is that one must rely mostly on strategy and tactics for victory, and not who has the most "uB3r 1337" weapon or armor drop.

Here's a link to Edeor's bio and the tale of his demise:

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=5215&ForumID=805329&TabID=39833&TopicID=4559184

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies   If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:06 pm

OOC: Sorry, no time for an IC welcome from me today. I'll write one up tomorrow (I hope). I've added you as a recruit, so feel free to poke and post around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies   If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If it please ye most esteemed gentlemen and gentleladies
Page 1 of 1