HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Empty
PostSubject: the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?   the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 3:27 am

Not too big of a deal, but shouldn't we post in the *New* Attention Guilds! thread in the general discussion on the main forum (you know, the stickied one at the of the page)? Just for posterities sake, you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?   the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 4:23 pm

They have something just like it in the Society thread but I agree on the re-posting of that info in that thread. I'll post tomorrow when I have more time if its not already been done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?   the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 6:39 pm

Yea we definitely should do little things like this.

I'm more interested in getting a small active mature group than a mass of a guild, but I still think you have to do some self-PR.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?   the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 9:48 pm

Feel free to add us. It's been a busy week and weekend for me and I haven't had a lot of time to do much on the net.

Also, feel free to respond to the lowland scotsman traitor that has replied to our thread....when I have a chance I plan to...though I'll likely have to wonder as to Culloden, as that battle wasn't fought for another 25 years yet. Heheh. I'll be nice though...I'm assuming he is IC, but the Culloden bit and the fact that he is from Scotland (at least that is the location he gives), makes me wonder.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?   the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 10:32 pm

Yeah, I couldn't figure out whether he was in character or not myself, which is the whole reason I didn't respond to him yet.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?   the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 10:57 am

I just went and read some of the guys other posts and I think that he is actually being out of character. There were plenty of clans that fought against the Jacobites and depending on which uprising he is talking about may depend on his animosity..however after hundreds of years I couldn't figure out why he would even care. Though his history seems suspect..of course the victor writes the history they say. Still the Stuarts weren't French according to all the sources I can find and George was Hanoverian...so Dutch/German... Anyway..still not sure how I plan to respond yet...

Hehe..he called someone a yank dog in another off topic thread. Perhaps our local history major can shed some light for us...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?   the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 3:48 pm

I think our best bet is to ignore him for the moment. If he feels the need to post again, thats another matter, but Malky seems to be into the idea of Scottish independance in RL, so I think he probably is out of character. To the best of my knowledge, none of us are actively promoting the Jacobite cause here, right? In RL?
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?   the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 3:59 pm

Nope. In fact my study into my own Scottish past seems to show my links to clans that fought against the Jacobites. Heh. Sooo...just a story.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?   the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:46 am

Yeah, this guy is just an odd one, really. I mean, he said the act of union would be coming to an end soon. Somehow I doubt this, but oh well.

And he's somewhat right when he says most Scots hated the Jacobites. His problem is saying "most." Rather, it was a highland versus lowland thing, highland supporting Jacobites. That still did leave a big chunk of the country on the other side.

The french thing is, I think, merely a reference to the Jacobites French entanglements? Not entirely sure what he means there.

This guy is just being ideological, really. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and to think otherwise without good reason is silly and counterproductive Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?   the *New* Attention Guilds! thread? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the *New* Attention Guilds! thread?
Page 1 of 1