HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

The Carrick Sisters

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Carrick Sisters Empty
PostSubject: The Carrick Sisters   The Carrick Sisters Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 5:13 pm

In Character Section
Two ships flying unusual colors slipped into port at nearly the same time. Once anchored, the captains shouted last minute orders at their crew as they were lowered to the water in sturdy tenders. Sailors aboard the well-tended ships and the tenders obeyed without hesitation. Strong and sure, the men rowed their captains to shore, pressing hard on the oars in a race run many a time before. With a shout of “Ho!” and a fist to the air, the first captain leapt onto the planks of the pier and strode toward the second captain with an ill-disguised grin.

The second captain nimbly leapt to the planks with a grumble and the two bumped shoulders as they clasped hands in greeting, glad to see the other. As one, they turned and strode down the dock toward town. At first glance it looked as if two untried beardless lads walked down the wharf. If anyone chanced to take a second glance at the pair, they would deem them pretty lads with a definite swish to their manner. It was rare anyone chanced a third look, but when it happened inevitably jaws dropped as it was not two lads at all, but two very stunning Irish women dressed from head to toe to weather the sea. Some of the sailors with deep superstitions would then spit into the water to ward away bad luck, but the ones who had crossed paths with the women before would grin wide and make plans to hit the tavern later. The Carrick sisters were in town.

Ciara, the younger Carrick, pulled the kerchief from her head and shook back her mane of glossy black locks, as they paused outside a weathered wooden door. With unconscious grace both captains unbuttoned their top coats as they prepared to step inside. One could argue which display was more startling -- their signature colors of hot pink and pistachio or their abundant and generous cleavage. No longer would anyone doubt they were gazing upon women at even first glance. Ciara quirked an eyebrow at a handsome buck who had stopped to stare, his jaw on the ground.

“My pur, wee man, you should close the trap afore the flies escape. I am needing a new cabin boy… be you looking for work?” Ciara queried, then laughed when the sailor turned red with anger, shock or embarrassment, she knew not nor cared not which, and turned away.

“Quit torturing the lad C.C., besides he would make a better cabin mate than cabin boy,” Sorcha gently scolded her sister, then called out to the retreating sailor with a grin, “How about it wee man? I pay generously with many bonuses as long as yer performin’ well.” Sorcha turned back to her sister with a laugh, not at all shocked or surprised when her offer didn’t stall his retreat.

“Come, we’ve business to attend,” Sorcha said and they turned back to the recruitment office and strode in. Spying a parchment on the table, Sorcha lead the way to where it lay, and both sisters leaned over and signed their names to the roster with feminine flourishes.

“We have come to join if you would have us.” Sorcha announced to no one in particular. Being the older of the two she was often the voice for them both. Ciara nodded in agreement with a cock of the hip and a wide grin full of life. Sorcha then went on to explain, even though she hadn't been asked, how they came to be able captains.

“We lost our parents to famine when we were but 17 and 15. ‘Twas lucky that we’d been married off before it happened. Our husbands were closer than kin to each other, though not true brothers, and they ran a small fleet of merchant ships. A year or so ago, they were on the same vessel together on their way to pick up a new ship when they were attacked by the British fleet. They fought bravely and went down with their ship, lost to Davey Jones they were. We only know details because a handful of the crew were ransomed and told their tale.

“When our men were killed their ships and business fell to us. It was a tough battle against pirates, superstition and financial rot, but we have prevailed and our crews are loyal. We feel we would be a good asset to any clan. We chose you after consideration because you stand against the English among other things.” Sorcha stood with her chin tilted proudly, her shoulders thrown back and her blue eyes flashing with fire. “We've much to learn yet, but we are ready and able to fight and sail. No matter that we are women, we are far from delicate flowers.”

“Speak for yourself, Sorch. I am a delicate flower.” Ciara batted her lashes and looked down demurely. The performance was spoiled by the rollicking laughter that tumbled readily from her lips. “Nope, no good. I canna be a flower unless I need to be,” Ciara sighed in mock defeat.

Out of Character Section

We live in Washington State, USA and are real life sisters. We love to RP and have played many MMOGs over the years. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I suppose some would claim) we have kids with demands and jobs with demands and a bloody house that has to be vacuumed and dusted and all that rot, so our game time is fairly limited. We’re hopeful this will be the game we can still contribute to a society, a guild, in meaningful ways without having 4 or 5 hours every day to dedicate to epic raids and such.

Official Forum Name: Haven’t registered at the FLS forums, but imagine I’d be Gwynvaer there as I am everywhere. My sister loathes forums for some reason (she chatters in game, let me warn you, so it’s not that she doesn’t have something to say) so I typically speak for us both here. Any RP stories or responses are usually a combination effort.

Profession: Free Traders. What, exactly, we’ll trade I’ll leave it up to you all to discover. [wink]

What is RP to you? RP to me is game immersion. Being Sorcha Carrick and saying or doing or behaving as I imagine the lady would. She certainly wouldn’t discuss the Seahawks playoff game this weekend or issues with the Rotterdam office or what mischief her player’s kid was getting into. Beyond that, even questions about game mechanics, unless I just cannot artfully find another way to say it, would be hopefully phrased in a way that’s true to the times as I imagine them. Since I wasn’t alive in the 1700’s, pretty sure I’ll screw that up now and again. But I’m looking forward to learning a lot more about the West Indies beyond which ports of call our cruise ships call upon in the here and now!

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy? You’ll have to blame that first and foremost on Bognor. He found you; we follow. But we also like what we’ve seen so far on your boards and really appreciate the RP roots and underlying story behind the Confederacy. We really hope you’ll include us in your ranks. And bear with us while we figure things out…
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Carrick Sisters   The Carrick Sisters Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:23 pm

I was absolutely thrilled to read 'o your accounts as well as endevours miladies, and impressed to say the least if not somewhat arroused i might add! You are flowers indeed the both of you...

But before going into any details or invitations 'o late night wine in me cabin, let me extend a hand and help ye off your ships. I am honored to meet such fine 'n lovely sisters if ye both will allow this 'ere man's own little indulgences!

I am sure that you both will be very much welcomed into this society as well as fit in to anyone's "satisfaction",
i know it is to mine if i may be so bold.

Untill we meet again ladies!

Your humble servant,

Henk...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Carrick Sisters   The Carrick Sisters Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:33 pm

OOC:
I'll leave it as an OOC welcome, at least until I don't need to resort to so banal a plot device as bumping into you on the streets (and I assure you, I will not be dropping my jaw (apparently some random Corsair woman is the most beautiful thing Wilhelm has ever seen, at least according to FLS writing Rolling Eyes ). That said. this is a very nice intro, and I look forward to meeting you in game. I've added you as a recruit. So you can feel free to post if on the other boards (or not, if C.C. is not so inclined).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Carrick Sisters   The Carrick Sisters Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:31 pm

Superbly done, bravo. Elegant flowers indeed, only if a Venus Fly Trap can be considered both delicate and a flower... or at least that's how I'd place my bet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Carrick Sisters   The Carrick Sisters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Carrick Sisters
Page 1 of 1