Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Empty
PostSubject: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 5:46 pm

Quote :
Lettre de Marque

Joseph Jean Baptiste Fleuriau d'Armenonville, Minister of the Marine, to all who shall see these present letters, greeting. His Majesty having declared war on the King of Great Britain and Ireland and the King of Spain, for the reasons set forth in the declarations that His Majesty has caused to be published throughout his kingdom and the lands and lordships owing him obedience; and His Majesty having commanded us to enforce what is contained in these declarations, in those matters which it has pleased His Majesty to commit to our charge; in accordance with the particular orders given by His Majesty we have given leave, power and permission to Kenneth Mackay of Durness, to arm and equip the sloop Sarah, of one hundred twenty tons burthen or thereabouts, presently in the port of Biloxi, with whatever men, cannon, ball, powder, and lead, and other provisions and munitions as shall be necessary for him to put to sea and attack pirates and corsairs, and other lawless men, and also the subjects of the Kings of Britain and Spain, and other enemies of the state, in whatever places he may encounter them, on the coasts of their own countries, in their ports or on their rivers, and even on land in such places as the said Captain Mackay shall deem fitting to make landings to assail the said enemies, utilizing all the means and actions permitted by the laws of war; to make them prisoner, with their ships, weapons, and other possessions. The said Makcay is hereby charged to observe, and to see that his crew observe, the Maritime Ordinances; to display during his voyage the flag and ensign of the King, and our own; to register this present letter at the record office of the nearest Admiralty; to draw up a roll signed and certified by himself, containing the names and surnames, birthplace and dwelling of all the members of his crew; to return to the same port, or to another port in Louisiana within our jurisdiction, and there to make a report before the officers of the Admiralty, and no others, of whatever has happened during his voyage; he is to inform us and send to the Minister of the Marine his said report and its attached documents that the whole may be ordered by the Council as is fitting.

We request and require all kings, princes, potentates, lords, estates, republics, friends, or allies of this crown, and all others whom it may concern, to accord the said Kenneth Mackay every favor, help, assistance and shelter in their ports, with his ship, crew, and whatever he may have captured during his voyage, without offering or allowing that he should suffer any let or hindrance; engaging to do the same for them when they shall request it. We order and command all officers of the Navy and any others under our authority to allow him to pass freely and surely with his said ship, arms, crew, and any prizes he may have made, without offering or allowing that he should suffer any let or hindrance, but affording him all the help and assistance he may need. This present letter is not valid after a year from its date of issue. As proof of which we have signed, and had these letters countersigned and sealed with the seal bearing our arms by the Minister of the Marine.

OOC: real name is Alan, age 29, big history buff.

Official Forum Name: akdavis

Profession: Privateer, with a sails and rigging operation in Biloxi and Cayo de Marquis. Alternate character: Pierre Chastain, French Naval officer.

What is RP to me? A chance to enjoy the game without distraction, a way to associate with more mature, polite players, and a road to a deeper understanding of history.

And why would I like to join the Highland Confederacy? First, because I would obviously be a fool not to want to, but perhaps more importantly, I've been impressed with the bonhomie of Highland Confederacy members, and with the high level of organization directed towards the benefit of the team (pour la France!), rather than the enrichment of individuals.[/center]

Last edited by on Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:10 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 pm

akd wrote:
Perhaps with allies in the Highland Confederacy, my prizes and plunder will not be so easily overlooked.

More pirates?

Where are me manners, welcome to The Confereracy 'o Highlanders we do hope that ye will find your place among us as well as on the seas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:25 pm

(a little more detail would help Wink)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:21 am

OOC: Apologies. An edit with more was in the works, but then my game character seemed to be hopelessly bugged and I thought I would have to drop him and start over. More tomorrow when Mackay returns home to Biloxi. pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:29 pm

Let me see here.

(1) Seeks Revenge [Check]
(2) Interested in making profit [check]
(3) Distrusted by the English [Check]

Can't be all that bad. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:07 am

revised with more information (or at least various letters forming words, possibly).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:39 am

Wilhelm looks over the documents before handing them back to the man before him.

"Well, everything certainly seems to be in order. I see no reason why we cannot put you to work immediately. However, when you get the time, I would like to know a bit about you, Captain Mackay."

So saying, Wilhelm hands the papers back to the sailor.

"I am adding you to our roster of new recruits. Please report to Commodore McBain at your earliest convinience. I am sure he can tell you what areas can make use of a man of your skills."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:15 pm

That font is very pretty, looks like the declaration of independence. What is the name of it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:50 pm

During my time here in Louisiana, I have learned to turn a pen in a style the locals call "French Script Em Tee," or so I think that is what they call it call. If only they would all write what they have to say...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 7:12 am

Wilhelm von Somborn wrote:
"... I am adding you to our roster of new recruits. Please report to Commodore McBain at your earliest convinience. I am sure he can tell you what areas can make use of a man of your skills."

Captain MacKay,

Welcome to the Highland Confederacy, Sir. I trust you will find us an asset in your efforts as we also hope to find you in ours.

As I am unavailable for the next ten days on the burning sea I direct you to Captain Marinus Marchand for new recruit orientation. Captain Marchand can answer any questions you might have and will assist you in any way he can to acquaint you with other members of the Highland Confederacy.

It is my understanding that you port regularly at Biloxi. Captain Henk Owl frequents the same waters and will assist you as well if asked.

Kindest Regards,

Captain Jack McBain
Commodore
The Highland Confederacy.

((RL has me focused on preparing for exams for the next week or so. I look forward to meeting you when I return.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)   Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kenneth Mackay: letter de marque for your approval (update)
Page 1 of 1