Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strange loot

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Strange loot Empty
PostSubject: Strange loot   Strange loot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 8:39 pm

I started about 1PM Pacific time today and played until about 6PM when I hit the jet lag wall.

One thing I have come across already is loot of a type I never saw in beta. One is a "copper bowl" and the other is a container of 3 "fine charcoal". They both are marked as no-trade items. (I'm also getting the usual jewelry and stone items for the junk dealer quests, but these seem a bit different, perhaps?)

Are these junk, junk item quests I don't know about, or do they have some use?

Bog
Back to top Go down

Strange loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange loot   Strange loot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:04 pm

I'm curious about the charcoal too.
Back to top Go down

Strange loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange loot   Strange loot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:07 pm

There is a whole genre of 'no-trade' items that I keep just because they say that. I keep thinking what if later in the game these items become important and therefore valuable.

Jack
Back to top Go down

Strange loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange loot   Strange loot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:17 pm

I must say i envy you "Bog" me being a collector 'o sorts i will in fact be on the lookout for rare items without question!
Back to top Go down

Strange loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange loot   Strange loot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Most of the stuff like that I have found seems to be gerad twerds distilling. I have hpothised its some sort of potion brewing for the super natrel content.
Back to top Go down

Strange loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange loot   Strange loot Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:23 am

Nafren Crezen wrote:
Most of the stuff like that I have found seems to be gerad twerds distilling. I have hpothised its some sort of potion brewing for the super natrel content.

Hey, good working hypothesis!

It's curious we saw nothing of this in beta.

Also, I've noticed the missions seem to pay more than in open beta, though that may be my imagination as well. It may be I'm just enough better at it that I keep more of my money. Smile

Bog
Back to top Go down

Strange loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange loot   Strange loot Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:29 am

Actually, I think I got a copper bowl in beta.
Back to top Go down

Strange loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange loot   Strange loot Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:19 am

I also got a bowl of some kind. I thought it was just fodder for the Junk Dealer, but like Bognor was curious that it was no trade. Think I'll hang on to it just in case.
Back to top Go down
Edwin Stewart

Edwin Stewart

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Character sheet
Locations: Tampa, New Orleans
Production: Ironmongery and Naval Stores (Guns, shot,repair items, keels, frames, planks, mast, spars, sails, rigging, tar, etc Everything but assembly)
Requirements: Ores and logs

Strange loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange loot   Strange loot Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am

If you did the alchemest mission in Fort Caroline, he implies that his mentor may be around. Also, I have never seen recipies for the swashbuckling potables that are sold and/or are junk dealer mission rewards.

Those are the clues I have for them.

Edit to add: Oh, and some of the raw materials that are spices but have no recipies for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strange loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange loot   Strange loot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange loot
Page 1 of 1