HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Out docked at the wharf

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Out docked at the wharf Empty
PostSubject: Out docked at the wharf   Out docked at the wharf Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Captain Bouchard wandered down to the dry docks looking over
his ship inch by inch as the workers worked on repairs and general maintenance
of the vessel. He stopped by the front where a few new patches were being finished
to fill in the half a dozen cannon holes in her.

“Damn pirates have got to stop blowing holes in the front of
my ship I tell you. Just say your are defeated, surrender, or abandon the ship.”

“Beggin your pardon sir.” One of the younger members of his
crew stepped up and handed him a manifest while he continued to speak. “I would
say that after capturing thirty nine enemy ships that we are looking not that
bad overall.”

Bouchard opened up the manifest and counted the lines. “Thirty
nine? Are they sure they did not miss count crewman?” He counted the lines
himself to make sure. “I wanted forty before we made dock…What happened? Where is
the fortieth one?”

The crewman shook his head. “There are only 39 prizes
captain, but you do have the one medium class ship that we took yesterday from the
British, I am sure that could count as two…”

“Crewman, thirty nine is thirty nine and not forty. I don’t
care if there is a Spanish Galleon amongst them it is not forty.”

“Sorry sir, didn’t mean to step out of line there on that
one. I shall take my leave and finish my duties on the deck.”

Clémence let the crewman go with a nod and continued to look
over the rest of the ship holding his manifest in hand smiling a bit. Perhaps
there was time to go get a fortieth ship before breakfast…..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out docked at the wharf   Out docked at the wharf Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:13 am

Seamus Murphy laid in his hammack with his beaten tricone hat pulled over his face. An empty bottle of Murph's Blessed Rum was cozied next to him in the hammock that hung slothfully between two beams outside the general store.

Murp opened an eye and watched a small, pale scorpian crawl across the tops of his toes and toward the hemp line that anchored the hammock. The sounds of a bustling repairs came to him.

A fop was standing nearby smoking from a delicate, church-warden pipe.
"I say," said the fop, "that vessel looks like it's s been through a hurricane with a careless skipper. I wonder why we let such eye-sores into our port."

Murphy strained to reach the cutlass on the ground near him. He raised it slowly toward his feet. The scorpian, crawling along the line, came to the blade and crawled on it. Murph flicked the blade and the scorpian arced directly onto the back of the fop's neck.

"Aiyeeeeeeeeeeeee !" The fop danced madly and started peeling off his clothes. He ran screaming and jumped off the pier.

Murphy sat up and stretched. "I'll have to see if Captain Bouchard needs any rum to provision his ship," he thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out docked at the wharf   Out docked at the wharf Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:58 am

Captain Bouchard watched some guy go screaming off the pier and into the water with only a slight bit of amusment in his face. He turned to start getting the men ready to launch and saw Seamus approaching. He gave a bit of a curtious bow and smiled. "I was wondering if I would see anyone around the wharf here. You wouldn't happen to have a few kegs for my men kicking around your boat would you? We might be celebrating by the end of the day if things go well out at sea today."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out docked at the wharf   Out docked at the wharf Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out docked at the wharf
Page 1 of 1