HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Cruachan!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:36 pm

To the Officers of the Highland Confederacy,
I am writing to acquaint you with my desire to join your noble society of Celts. From the time of my first arrival in the new world, I've been impressed with the strength of your organization and as it's cause is one and the same as my own, it only makes sense for me to ally with the Highland Confederacy. For years I've fought for the Independance of Scotland, and for the Restoration of the True King, and against the Tyranny of the English, the Hanoverian Usurpers, and those unfortunate shameful Scots who've chosen to ally with them. Alas, my clan is small and by no means rich, and when the largest and closest of our neighbors sold their wry mouthed souls to the English, it was no longer feasible to continue the life of underground resistance I've led since the '15. Luckily, I was raised by the Sea, in Argyll, and when an english ship docked in Oban and the crew over-indulged in the local whiskey, a small group of clansmen and myself took advantage of the opportunity to acquire a ship and kill englishmen.
Upon my arrival in the New World, I looked up some cousins in Charlesfort who have some connections from their days in the French King's Company of Scottish Archers and they managed to finagle me a Letter of Marque. So much more freedom than actually serving in the French service, although many of my kin have done so. So I hope to add my strength to this organization of like mind, in hopes that we can help our ancient allies the French and wreak havoc upon the wretched English until the day comes when we can toss them out of our homeland as we shall toss them out of the Caribbean... and if we make ourselves richer in the process, all the better!
Your Humble Obedient Servant,
Micum MacIntyre, Captain
Private Man of War Cruachan
January 15th, At Sea

OC:
Well, I've been watching this game coming along for a long time. I love sailing, and I love the old ships. Rabid Patrick O'Brian fan, although he is English...
It's funny, before I'd even heard of this society I had planned to play as an exiled Scot in the French service...and thought a group orientated as such would be great, but didn't really think I would be one to start it. Imagine my joy when I ran across your announcement.
I'm loosely basing my character upon an ancester of mine who was one of, if not the first of my clan to make it to the New World, exiled after being captured in battle against the English, fighting for Scottish independance.
I've never played a MMPORPG before (besides a small swedish MUD over a decade ago, if that counts), so this is a first, and don't really know what to expect...I'm hoping I can hack the RP, and certainly looking forward to making the effort.

You can all call me Micum, I'm currently a level 13 privateer. I do kinda wish you folks were more open to Naval Officers, as I may like to give that a go some day as well, and I think it would be 'historically ok' as Scots have long served in the French military, serving for hundreds of years as the French Kings personal guards, the Royal Company of Scottish Archers, in addition to other larger armies that came to France to fight for our traditional allies. But that's neither here nor there for now, as I'm contented to spend a long time with my privateer.

I'm looking forward to hearing from on the status of my application, and meeting everyone, and now, back to my ship!
Back to top Go down

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:00 am

Anyone who names his ship "Cruachan" is all right in my book!

Bog
Back to top Go down

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:06 am

Indeed, a fine name for a ship, you sir, have excellent taste!
Funny thing is, naming your ship as such, means your probably either kin or mortal enemy!
pirat
Can't wait to join up....it's getting lonely out on the seas all alone.
Back to top Go down

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:45 am

A most welcome to ye friend, indeed we do welcome many to our cause!

Feel free to read up on all present "articles" and no doubt add or suggest any idears yerself, do have fun if ye will!
Back to top Go down

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:52 am

micum wrote:
Indeed, a fine name for a ship, you sir, have excellent taste!
Funny thing is, naming your ship as such, means your probably either kin or mortal enemy!
pirat
Can't wait to join up....it's getting lonely out on the seas all alone.

Me mum is a Campbell...
Back to top Go down

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:52 am

Twas afraid you'd say that....well, on the bright side, if it wasn't for the Campbells, I'd probably not have taken the chance to make my fortune in the new world, plundering the wealth of England. I'd imagine as long as we can kill Englishmen together, we'll get along fine. Besides, good chance we're related, us MacIntyres got lots of Campbell kin.
Cruachan!
Micum
Back to top Go down

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:57 am

micum wrote:
Twas afraid you'd say that....well, on the bright side, if it wasn't for the Campbells, I'd probably not have taken the chance to make my fortune in the new world, plundering the wealth of England. I'd imagine as long as we can kill Englishmen together, we'll get along fine. Besides, good chance we're related, us MacIntyres got lots of Campbell kin.
Cruachan!
Micum

My neighbors back home are English. Bognor Regis has yet to fight the English.

Bog
Back to top Go down

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:17 pm

A fine introduction. But I must warn you, killing English just because they are English is not how we do things here; we only kill the 'bad' English... which just so happens to be all of them. Cruachan! 4ad910a6382e407c1c8773d7e6dc60efae0831bc16df447a9c2e1c63a9d2c17c3bd1a039f01940bf217415306

Nice to meet you and I look forward to meeting you in game a swell.
Back to top Go down

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:20 pm

Fhew! You scared me there for a moment, no good english is right! My grandfather was one of the few who survived the death march after Dunbar and imprisonment in Durham cathedral. The great majority of our brave soldiers were killed by the english in the months following the battle. The remainder, my father among them, were mostly sold into slavery in the new world...
- Micum MacIntyre

00C PS: Many the thousands of martyrs of Dunbar were unearthed in a mass grave at Durham cathedral in England in 1946. The were promptly covered back over with so much as a by your leave. To this day, there is still no recognition, no memorial, save the clock with the Scot's thistle on it that was the only peice of wood inside that the prisoners didn't burn while trying to prevent freezing and starving to death. A campaign has been undertaken to rectify this, at least erecting a memorial if not exhuming the bodies and returning them to Scotland for a proper christian burial.
I encourage people to send an email of support to this group.
http://www.dunbarmartyrs.com/
Back to top Go down

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Oh yeah,
Just wondering, any idea when my membership might be considered/approved/etc? I'm horribly inpatient.... Smile
Is there anything else I need to do before hand? I've been trying to flesh out my character w/ more info here and there, until I can get a complete description together to post....
thanks,
Micum MacIntyre
Back to top Go down

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Full membership:
As far as I know (and I'm no officer) you're doing everything needed towards the road of full membership within the HC. I imagine (again this is a bit-o speculation) with the game so near to lauch and going through preboard now, they just have too many people to look at and not enough time in the day, there are a few that have been around before you that they will evaluate first beofre thye can look at you, but form what I've seen once they do get to look at you an 'upgrade' will be forthcoming. The good news is they've been doing a 'member blitz' type of thing so as not to keep people waiting for an unhealthy amount of time; on the other hand they don't want to invite too fast because they do care a bit about people who come in gung ho for a week or two and then dissappear.

Hope that helps; did I mention that I'm not at the high levels of that process so most of that is logical guess work. The underlined message should be to relax and enjoy the game and boards and, just like a watched pot, it will boil over faster when you're not watching it.

~or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cruachan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruachan!   Cruachan! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruachan!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: The Old Recruitment Office-
Jump to: