HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

The Retail PotBS Package

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Retail PotBS Package Empty
PostSubject: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:14 am

For those interested, my retail copy arrived today and the contents are as follows:

• 2 x Game Client DVDs;
  • 1 Glossy pamphlet with my code and an accompanying 2 week "friend" code;
  • 1 Glossy Quick Reference Card (not card, paper though)
  • 1 PotBS Ship guide - 10 page or so glossy user content accepted ships;
  • 1 27 page glossy manual;
  • 1 slightly larger than 2 A4 size PotBS map/PotBS poster.

Hope it makes a satisfying thump on your doormat when yours arrives!

Cool
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Stramash wrote:
For those interested, my retail copy arrived today and the contents are as follows:

• 2 x Game Client DVDs;
  • 1 Glossy pamphlet with my code and an accompanying 2 week "friend" code;
  • 1 Glossy Quick Reference Card (not card, paper though)
  • 1 PotBS Ship guide - 10 page or so glossy user content accepted ships;
  • 1 27 page glossy manual;
  • 1 slightly larger than 2 A4 size PotBS map/PotBS poster.

Hope it makes a satisfying thump on your doormat when yours arrives!

Cool
Cool but I'm kinda dissappointed to hear the manual is only 27 pages. It can't go into much detail on anything if it's only that big. But glad they included a friend code! Maybe I can woo my friend into buying the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:49 pm

You'll learn nothing in this manual to be honest Ox. I find it disappointing too. However, there are hardly any games now where you *do* get a decent package. As with many, the contents in the box are a bit half arsed to be honest but, meh, better a decent game than bells and whistles packaging I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:10 pm

Stramash wrote:
You'll learn nothing in this manual to be honest Ox. I find it disappointing too. However, there are hardly any games now where you *do* get a decent package. As with many, the contents in the box are a bit half arsed to be honest but, meh, better a decent game than bells and whistles packaging I suppose.

So very true; the only game I've bought in the last year that had a decent manual is EU III.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Speaking of official release, anyone else make the mistake of preordering from Best Buy? $10 dollars I'm not getting back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:07 pm

No, but I came very, very close. What happened? They didn't deliver? I ordered a download from SoE. It's the only thing I've seen them do right since the released the NGA for SWG. I hated 'em after that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:15 pm

Best Buy apparently thinks that releasing on the 23 is a good idea... Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:18 pm

Wilhelm von Somborn wrote:
Best Buy apparently thinks that releasing on the 23 is a good idea... Mad

Those f#($ers.

Pardonnez mon franšais.

I had also thought about it, glad I didn't go through with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:43 pm

I pre-ordered from Best Buy Sad

I'll probably get impatient and just buy the digital download version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:24 pm

Mine is mail-ordered from gamestop, before I discovered that FLS/SOE didn't have the technology to overlap the pre-period with the true launch (unlike all other MMOs to date). As a result, I'll be out the early part of next week until UPS dumps the box on my doorstep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:30 am

Aye, pre-ordered a copy for myself and the nephew from Best Buy.

What in the world was I thinking? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:32 am

So Stramash,
Where did you order from?
I ordered from Amazon....worked out ok with the pre-boarding....I just hope that my retail package arrives in a timely manner. It would really be BS if I have to stop playing for a couple days to wait on it....that just shouldn't happen.
Micum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:05 pm

I've been through that Best Buy pre-order bull before, with one of the Guild Wars expansions. I had to buy a digital copy because I just couldn't wait that long to play - mine was coming through the mail, and was a couple days late! Fortunately Guild Wars is nicer with their preorders and gives a grace period for pre-orders to continue playing for a week or so until their orders came through. Little disappointed that FLS won't do that for this game; it seems like a bloody obvious and simple thing they could do for already-dedicated fans.

As for me, I bought a hard-copy pre-order box that retailed for $10 from Best Buy - that's what prompted me to try the game - but will do my full download digitally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:22 pm

Question: if I do the digital order from SOE, do I actually have to download the client? Or can I bypass that and just get a key from them?

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Sony stor keys are automatiocly applied you don't need to do any thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Nafren Crezen wrote:
Sony stor keys are automatiocly applied you don't need to do any thing.

Are you implying I have to have a Station Pass?

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:11 pm

Station pass where did you get that from?
When you buy from sony online store it uses you sony online account for billing info and automaticly applys user key to your station account
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:28 pm

It automatically applies the key AFTER successfully downloading the client. That is what I am trying to avoid. Though I suppose I could do the DL at work and transfer the file(s) to DvD...

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:43 pm

no it transfers the key soon has your credit card is approved.
you can dowen load any of sonys games at any time hear https://account.station.sony.com/digitalDownloads.vm?locale=en
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:39 am

My copy arrived today (Monday 21st Aus time, Sunday 20th EST). It's nice to finally have something to hold onto. A little disappointed with the manual but what can you do *shrugs*. The thing I'm not happy about is the downtime before the servers come back up. It falls on Tuesday for me, at about 10 am. The servers then come up at midnight (approx). I've got Tuesday off and was looking forward to spending about 8 hours playing Laughing . Alas I won't be able to get in at all, then I'm back at work.

EDIT: Now I'm confused. I've tried to log in and the servers are "locked". Have I gotten my dates and times completely wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:27 am

micum wrote:
So Stramash,
Where did you order from?

I ordered from Simply Games in the UK. Not my normal games supplier but they offered the pre-order pack and game with discount. Delivered very quickly as well.

Caliga, I believe the servers are down at the moment for maintenane prior to the BIG downtime later today pre launch. The downtimes coincide with my probable gaming times as well but c'est la vie I suppose!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:07 am

My understanding is that the servers are coming down at 6 pm PST today (1/21). Which means 9 PM EST so I might get in a bit more play time after all.

Not sure when I'll be back in though. At the latest it might be 1/24. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: On hour late.   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 am

My girlfriend will fetch the game from the vendor tonight. So she will com home at 10 am PST. I will join you one hour late, but never the less i can say that GameStop Germany gets PotBS into their stores today. With Hellgate they were a day early even.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:54 am

I just got My box walked into best buy at lunch. I also picked up the prima game guide as well. Both have lovely maps. I will read guide as I go along. Shiny box and the smell of fresh game codes ( mmmm, ahhh ).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:09 pm

I got mine at Best Buy, too. I had to argue my case a little bit... apparently the release date in their computers is 1/23. But there was a sign in the store that said the correct date (1/22) so based on the sign, they sold me a copy.

Figured I'd share, just in case anyone else ran into the same Best Buy problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Retail PotBS Package   The Retail PotBS Package Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Retail PotBS Package
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next