HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia Empty
PostSubject: Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia   Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:58 pm

Dear Sirs and / or Madams,

I have just arrived in Charlesfort via Madrid and Port Royal. My family hailed from Spain, but our holdings were taken from us, when my father refused the demands of the Crown. I have been trained as a sailor all my life most recently being aboard an "former" British Sloop. Due to horrendous treatment at the hands of our deliquent Officers we decided that a reorganization of management was in order. So we threw the English overboard.
Trying to make port for provisions we came upon a French Convoy under attack by pirates, with our assistance we were able to save the Admirals family who was aboard. In return he honored us with a Letter of Marque, that along with Rum and Cured Meats we gladly accepted.

It is on that note we have come to you, offering our skills, services and if need be, our lives for France. I have also come upon the ownership of a few Pastures, Plantations, and Tanners that are at your disposal.

May we teach the English to Swim, The Spanish to Sail, and well Pirates must be taught everything.

Viva la France
and may her enemies perish in our wake, and their daughters and wives smile upon our arrival.

P.S. If the Admiral asks, I have never seen his daughter.

Captain Delehandro Montoia of the Corvette, Crimson Fury.

Delehandro's Marque reads as such:

Delehando Rafael Montoia,
Esq; Captain General and Governor General in
Chief, in and over His Majesties Provinces of
France and in America, and Vice-Admiral of the same. To Capt. Delehandro Montoia, Captain of the Crimson Fury, Greeting.

Whereas His Sacred Majesty Louis XV by the Grace of GOD, of France,
King, Defender of the Faith, Etc. Hath an Open and Declared War against England, Spain, and enemies of France their Vassals and Subjects. And Forasmuch as you have made Application unto Me for Licence to Arm, Furnish and Equip the said Corvette in Warlike manner, against His Majesties said Enemies, I do accordingly Permit and Allow the same; And, Reposing special Trust and Confidence in your Loyalty, Courage and good
Conduct, Do by these Presents, by Virtue of the Powers and Authorities
contained in His Majesties Royal Commission to Me granted, Empower and
Commisionate you the said Delehandro Montoia, to be Captain or Commander of the said Corvette Crimson Fury, Burthen One Hundred and Twenty Tons or thereabouts: Hereby Authorizing you in and with the said Corvette and Company to her belonging, to War, Fight, Take, Kill, Suppress and
Destroy, any Pirates, Privateers, or other the Subjects and Vassals of England, Spain, or any other Declared Enemies of France, in what Place so ever you shall happen to meet them; Their Ships, Vessels and Goods, to take and make Prize of. And your said Corvette Company are Commanded to Obey you as their Captain: And your self in the Execution of this Commission, to Observe and Follow the Orders and Instructions
herewith given you. And I do hereby Request all Governors and Commanders in Chief, of any of Her Majesties Territories, Islands, Provinces or Plantations, where the said Captain or Commander shall arrive with his said Vessel and Men: And all Admirals, Vice-Admirals and Commanders of Her Majesties Ships of War, and others, that may happen to meet him at Sea; Also all Officers and Subjects of the Friends or Allies of Her said Sacred Majesty, to permit him the said Captain or Commander with his said Vessel, Men, and the Prizes that he may have taken, freely and quietly to pass and repass, without giving or suffering him to receive any Trouble or Hindrance, but on the contrary all Succour and Assistance needful. And this Commission is to continue in Force for the Space of One Year next ensuing (if the War so long last) and not afterwards.

Given under my Hand and Seal at Arms at Boston
the Twelfth Day of January: In the fifth Year of His said Majesties
Reign,
Louis XV, 1720.

By His Excellencies Command,
Signé : L.A.L de Bourbon, Cte de Toulouze, Admiral of France

(Copied and Edited from Clemence Bouchard. Real Life Friend)

OOC:

Hi my name is Travis. I have played many MMORPG games including Realm, EQ, EQII, WoW, Vanguard. I have been looking forward to a Pirates game for an exceptionally long time. I have been gaming and Roleplaying with a character named Delehandro Montoia for almost ten years and would love the opportunity to continue with that character here. For me RPing is about creating something fun and memorable. Where you can bring part of yourself to the forefront.
I had done some of the Beta testing playing as Spain, but my friend created a French character, and did join Highland Confederacy (Clemence Bouchard). Since I quite enjoy playing with my friends and making new ones.

I thank you for your time, and look forward to here you response. Until then,
May the Wind be at your back, your spirits high and your Enemies sinking

Couteous Bow

aka Travis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia   Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 pm

Delehandro Montoia wrote:
and well Pirates must be taught everything

We seem to be acceptin' many in our ranks i would say, but to be honest i have ne'er seen a Spaniard before!

Still where are my manners i do welcome you to our relatively save haven in the America's 'n West Indies and do hope
to meet ye someday or night over a drink or two, where we can discuss many a subject as well as
all the different techniques of "comforting"! Wink

And what i always say:

I speak latin to God,

Gaelic to me brethren,

French to the ladies 'o any repute,

Spanish to dogs 'n English to my livestock...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia   Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:03 pm

I look forward to this meeting. I'll even bring the Rum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia   Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:21 am

Well 'Ehandro drinks all around i'd say!

'This mighthy proper 'o you to bring the rum amigo but as ye should know however i do not expect a Spaniard to actually do, a gentleman prefers wine over rum! Still i will welcome the opportunity to have a drink with one instead 'o sinking 'em.

Your gesture 'o good will has somewhat softened me heart and i will gladly but cautiously accept your invitation!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia   Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:50 am

Aye I am learning about wine, though while wine is prefered by gentle men, it is much easier to obtain the rum. Though with some fortuitous luck I just recently liberated a shipment of fine French wines, and some Gin from a most sensible Englishmen. . . He sank while the casks floated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia   Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:28 pm

I have met and sailed with you into a few battles now and I must say that you are welcome in my books anytime Captain Montoia. May we sail the seas and destroy many enemies of France together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia   Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:14 am

I'll raise me drink to the above said as it were, you're a good man Montoia and you fight well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia   Del'ehandro Rafael Montoia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1