HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Game day! Who's in?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Game day! Who's in? Empty
PostSubject: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:32 pm

It's Jan 22 at 1030 PM PDT and I'm not getting passed the user login window. After I click on 'login' I get the following message.

"Your account does not have a subscription set up for this game. Please select the Subscribe button below to se up your subscription for this game".

When I click "subscribe" I'm taken to a windows that is completely blank.

Just wondering if anyone is getting in at this time.

Thanks,

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:39 pm

Made it in got L22 ollmost L23 and srverd crased
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:46 pm

Thanks Nafren...dang! What's up with my account. I can't even access my Station Account Management to check that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Yea SWG was having troubles with its Launch pad today as well...

so there could be a problem in the system somewhere.

I am sure it will be worked out Jack Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:52 pm

I got the 'NetworkError' message from LaunchPad (the problem mentioned on the offical forums / news) so I haven't been able to get in since yesterday when they shut it down.

Odd that it did so well during beta and pre-launch boarding party, but the whole going live was a cluster mating.

Direct2Drive did send me my Subscription Key though which is a plus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Sucks its not working properly =/ It makes me feel better that I'm not missing anything important just yet. My local EB games store hasn't received their shipment of PotBS yet. How crazy is that? It's not physically in the store before launch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Jasper de Groot wrote:
Yea SWG was having troubles with its Launch pad today as well...

so there could be a problem in the system somewhere.

I am sure it will be worked out Jack Smile

Jasper!

Good to hear from you, mate! See you in game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:58 pm

I think I may be out of luck.

My understanding is that to get into the game I need the code from my retail box rather than the pre-launch code.

Despite my months ahead pre-order from Amazon.com their website now says they don't expect to ship until January 26.

GRRRRRR! Mad

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case, but I may be taking an enforced vacation from PotBS for a week or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Got in! I had to go to my SoE account and update my credit card information. It didn't take any money out, but it confirmed my data, or something.

Anyway, the game is live and accessible.

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Liam O'Connell wrote:

My understanding is that to get into the game I need the code from my retail box rather than the pre-launch code.

Despite my months ahead pre-order from Amazon.com their website now says they don't expect to ship until January 26.

GRRRRRR! Mad

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case, but I may be taking an enforced vacation from PotBS for a week or so.

Liam, I just got something from Amazon that was predicted by them to be here January 27. I think they haven't removed the Holiday shipping fudge factor from their arrival date calculations.

Don't panic. Stay calm. Read some Patrick O'Brian (http://www.wwnorton.com/POB/pobhome.htm) and put on some Led Zep. (for John Paul-Jones' musical entertainment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:11 pm

Louis de Bourbon wrote:
Liam O'Connell wrote:

GRRRRRR! Mad

Liam, I just got something from Amazon that was predicted by them to be here January 27. I think they haven't removed the Holiday shipping fudge factor from their arrival date calculations.

Don't panic. Stay calm. Read some Patrick O'Brian (http://www.wwnorton.com/POB/pobhome.htm) and put on some Led Zep. (for John Paul-Jones' musical entertainment.

I am reading Far Side of the World at the moment. It's an annual event to read all the Aubrey/Maturin novels. Smile

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Yup. I'm SOL too. Ordered from Amazon. Pre-order code is not working in-game. Any other game I have ever pre-ordered has always allowed the pre-order code to work for a week or two after launch. I don't know who they expected to be in today except those smart enough to order from a local store. Ah well, I'll see you all whenever.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 3:04 pm

Looks like EBGames has my copy waiting but lucky me has to do a bunch of overtime during the next few days so I don't even know if I'll get a chance to play right away anyway Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 3:47 pm

I got my code from Direct2Drive ok, but not for some godawful reason, SOE doesn't believe in my credit card. COME ON folks, I have 30 days to play with my purchase. Don't let this stop me from getting into the game...

SOE...*SUCKS*

I'm now on infinite hold with tech support chat.

LaRouge/Shava
SWG vet and still pissed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:33 pm

LaRouge wrote:
I got my code from Direct2Drive ok, but not for some godawful reason, SOE doesn't believe in my credit card. COME ON folks, I have 30 days to play with my purchase. Don't let this stop me from getting into the game...

I had the same problem. One of my cards they just simply did not like, for no reason that I could figure out. I checked and rechecked the numbers and it was correct, but SOE didn't think so. I tried my debit card instead and it went through fine, though I really don't want to use that card long term, but it will work for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:56 pm

LaRouge wrote:
I got my code from Direct2Drive ok,

Yes, the D2D experience was great. I downloaded the 5.2Gb of data in about an hour and was running the game with my pre-boarding key a hour after that.

This morning, D2D emailed me my proper activation key and SOE took it fine.

All-in-all, the online purchase and download experience sounds like it was wicked less problematic than the retail box thing people are going through.

Download-purchase ftw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:18 pm

Louis de Bourbon wrote:
LaRouge wrote:
I got my code from Direct2Drive ok,

Yes, the D2D experience was great. I downloaded the 5.2Gb of data in about an hour and was running the game with my pre-boarding key a hour after that.

This morning, D2D emailed me my proper activation key and SOE took it fine.

All-in-all, the online purchase and download experience sounds like it was wicked less problematic than the retail box thing people are going through.

Download-purchase ftw.

I just got home from work, there's an e-mail from D2D that says go to this web page and DownLoad now. I go to that page, log in and it says your key has been mailed to you.

It's not here yet, been about 5 minutes; we'll see.

Now I'm wondering if the old key doesn't work will some or all of my character's information be lost?

UPDATE:
My e-mail came at the 6 minute mark Smile They have you go through and confirm your payment plan.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:19 pm

They were late getting me my key for the pre-boarding thing, but I was plesantly surprised when D2D managed to get me my lauch key before SOE was even ready for me to activate.

All in all, a much better experience I believe than if I had gone the box route and threw in my lot with some delivery service / warehouse.

I usually use digital distribution whenever I can, because frankly I hate going to retail stores (who never have anything I want) or online stores, which don't give me that immediate gratification I so despirately desire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Well, Amazon.com's customer service response said that I can still cancel my order with them if I like. Therefore, I am going to my local retailer and see if they have a copy. If so, I will buy it and cancel the Amazon order. If it works, you will see me tonight. If not, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:22 pm

Given that I'd heard of problems with other games ordered from Amazon, AND our local Best Buy doesn't seem to have heard of the idea of taking the pre-order price off the game (and still doesn't have the game on their website!) AND our local game stores are staffed by console-glazed twelve-year olds. . . I ordered online from EBgames. The package arrived two days ago, I plugs in the code today and bobs yer uncle. Get this, they even gave me an automated phone message telling me what the official launch date of the game was and how I couldn't use the code until then, etc. Very strange. But overall, troublefree.

Glad to see so many people in there today. Arriving in there and finding Grenville already contested. . .well, it's definitely game on isn't it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Bognor is in. Edeor MacGregor should arrive this weekend some time. I ordered a 2nd acct from SOE but used the key code on Bognor so I could start today. Edeor will be from the CD from Amazon -- unfortunately he does not get the preboarding bonus, even though it was a pre-order, and Bognor is not allowed a parrot on each shoulder.

Bog
Back to top Go down
Edwin Stewart

Edwin Stewart

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Character sheet
Locations: Tampa, New Orleans
Production: Ironmongery and Naval Stores (Guns, shot,repair items, keels, frames, planks, mast, spars, sails, rigging, tar, etc Everything but assembly)
Requirements: Ores and logs

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Edwin Stewart is in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Can I say that SOE's involvement with this game just makes me nervous, no matter how FLabs spins it?

Yrs,
LaRouge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:12 pm

Good luck Liam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:05 am

Usually I order from EBgames, but for some reason I went with Amazon this time. Looks like this will be the last. EBgames has always had their act together, and I have always had good luck with them. Glad things worked out for you Deoiridh. ALso thanks for the valuable lesson in online economics. I shall remember it.pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game day! Who's in?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next