HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Game day! Who's in?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:23 am

I am in, but no doubt i have already made that clear in general so to speak!
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:10 pm

The ebgames I placed my preorder with didn't have it in yet but another location did so I had to get a refund for my preorder at the one store and then pick it up from the other store. But in the end it all worked out and I got in, all-be-it briefly, yesterday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:29 pm

Well, let this be a lesson to all. Never, Ever, ever, ever, order from Amazon.com. The expected shipping date from them is Jan 28. The expected delivery dateis Feb 4 to Feb 8. I checked my oprder,and cannot cancel, because they say they are getting ready to ship. OK, I guess 5 days in advance is getting ready for them.

Point is, the expected delivery date could be up to 18 days after launch. I willactually be further behind by pre-ordering than if I had waited for release. But then, I wouldn't have this awesome parrot or this really awesome sword would I?

Sheesh! I am so gullible. Well, sometime, I should get back into the game. I'll be so far behind though, that I'm not sure if I will be of any use to the society or not. I didn't pay maintenance on my lots, cause I had 4 days left on them, but by the time I get in, they'll all be shut down. I'll lose 15 days of production because you can only accumulate up to 3 I hear.

I know, sucks to be me. I am really so discouraged with this game at this point I am thinking of writing off the $50 for the gamne and calling it quits. Man, this sucks big time!
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Conagh MacLoran wrote:
Well, let this be a lesson to all. Never, Ever, ever, ever, order from Amazon.com. The expected shipping date from them is Jan 28. The expected delivery dateis Feb 4 to Feb 8. I checked my oprder,and cannot cancel, because they say they are getting ready to ship. OK, I guess 5 days in advance is getting ready for them.

Point is, the expected delivery date could be up to 18 days after launch. I willactually be further behind by pre-ordering than if I had waited for release. But then, I wouldn't have this awesome parrot or this really awesome sword would I?

Sheesh! I am so gullible. Well, sometime, I should get back into the game. I'll be so far behind though, that I'm not sure if I will be of any use to the society or not. I didn't pay maintenance on my lots, cause I had 4 days left on them, but by the time I get in, they'll all be shut down. I'll lose 15 days of production because you can only accumulate up to 3 I hear.

I know, sucks to be me. I am really so discouraged with this game at this point I am thinking of writing off the $50 for the gamne and calling it quits. Man, this sucks big time!

Eh, in the big picture that lost couple weeks won't count for a lot. Heck, cause of my family situation I don't get to play all that much and as a result am only at level 12 but the game caps out at lvl 50 so I may be behind everyone for maybe a couple month but I know I'll eventually catch up and you will too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 3:04 pm

Ach, mate, it's a raw deal.

I suspect you will get your box a lot sooner than 18 days, and I bet you won't be that far behind. But it's still a disappointment after looking forward to opening day for so long...

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:31 pm

Agreed, it really stinks. Worse so when you know you could just pop out to the local Best Buy or Gamestop and pick up a copy now.

Very sorry to hear your troubles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:44 pm

Conagh MacLoran wrote:

I ordered from Amazon. I decided I wanted a second account, so I went ahead and did the SOE download to open up Bognor's account. The Amazon order was not cancelled.

Today I get a message from Amazon saying they will be delaying my order and the expected arrival date is 30Jan-06Feb. A while later I get another email saying my order is shipped and UPS shows that the package is enroute.

Don't give up hope, mate, we may see you by the week end!

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:38 pm

I had an exceptionally rough day at work today and all the bolts flew loose when I saw the email from Best-Buy saying another 1-2 weeks before shipping. So I canceled, went to the SOE site and got set up on my PC...no problemo and I'm up and running. Then I tried to repeat the process at the SOE site for the nephew, "Malcolm Thatcher". Appears my credit card was fine when I made my purchase but it would not accept it 5 minutes later when I tried to get the nephews copy. Now I'm so inflamed I could eat iron and spit nails.

I've been through several game launches and I'll be darned if it don't seem to me that everything SOE touches turns to feces. I have no idea when Malcolm will get to play and it may be that I'm forced to go to the "big city" and physically buy him a copy.

So, I suppose to preserve my sanity, I'll have a wee shot o' scotch, go to bed and hope for better results on the morrow. Take care all and wish us luck.
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:47 pm

Conagh, as others have said, don't sweat it. Massively annoying, yeah. And it feels like a loss when we're all in and talking about the game (and we should stop now!). But MMOs are marathons, not sprints. We'll still be sucking down water at the first aid station by the time you've caught up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:03 am

Aye, I know we're in it for the long haul, but I just had Andrew up and producing, and was really looking forward to getting some provisions out for the shipbuilders.

Ah well, at least it gives me time to think of advertising slogans for Andrew's wine and cheese business. How's this one sound?

"You'll wine when we cut the cheese!"

I think I'll work on a flag for him too. Maybe a nice bottle of wine and wedge of cheese on a sky blue background.

Teach them Englishers a lesson lads and lasses. I'll be by yer side soon I hope. Putting around in me Renard, but I'll be there nonetheless. If nothin else, I can draw their fire.

I think I'll rename me ship the Leaky Tiki. pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:21 am

Oh, it just keeps getting better. I checked my order on Amazon and the package has shipped! Woo-Hoo! Bad news is, it is coming USPS and won't be here till Jan 29 now. I could have sworn I paid extra for the 2-day shipping but apparently I didn't.

Well, we'll see how efficient the USPS is. They might get it here Saturday. Somethimes they surprise you with delivery. Then again, there was an article in the local paper about a postcard mailed in 1954 that was just delivered a few days ago.

I hope the game doen't take that long to get here. pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:05 am

Conagh MacLoran wrote:
Oh, it just keeps getting better. I checked my order on Amazon and the package has shipped! Woo-Hoo! Bad news is, it is coming USPS and won't be here till Jan 29 now. I could have sworn I paid extra for the 2-day shipping but apparently I didn't.

Well, we'll see how efficient the USPS is. They might get it here Saturday. Somethimes they surprise you with delivery. Then again, there was an article in the local paper about a postcard mailed in 1954 that was just delivered a few days ago.

I hope the game doen't take that long to get here. pirat

Mine was shipped from Delaware by UPS, not USPS. If yours came from Delaware as well then maybe you're in luck.

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 9:31 am

Hard telling if it came from Delaware or not. USPS doesn't have a tracking site like UPS. The Amazon site just shows it was shipped from the US. I'm certainly glad they didn't ship it from Papua, New Guinea. With my luck, I fully expected that's where it would come from. pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game day! Who's in?   Game day! Who's in? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game day! Who's in?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2