HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Marcus Villnius

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Marcus Villnius Empty
PostSubject: Marcus Villnius   Marcus Villnius Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:10 am

Letter sent by way of personal messenger wax sealed bearing the emblem of the Black Eagle.

To the most noble of Officers and Captains of the Highland Confederacy:

I, Marcus Villnius, greet you on behalf of my former captain, Captain Raimous. He would have seen to greet you personally but has fallen in the line of duty. As his last standing order I now seek your audience and offer my service and steel as you see fit. The French Crown has justly allowed my crew and I to continue my fatherís legacy of privateer service and I shall uphold that bond. My captain realized allies would be integral to life here in the new world and Iím beginning to see why. I have dispatched with this letter a case of finest Scotch whisky as a token of good intentions and a drink to my captainís honor. I trust my messenger will be given room and board until the morrow, when I can send for him. I shall await your answer with eager anticipation.

Yours Respectfully,
~signed~
Marcus Villnius, Captain
-----------

Character Description:

Name: Marcus Villnius

Nation of Birth:
Scotland, but the sea is home

Physical Description: Standing at a commanding 6 feet and rather large build Marcus visual presence keeps most of the rabble away, but his personality is much more reserved and compassionate.

Background: Marcus lost his parents at an early age which led to his first post as a cabin-boy on a merchant ship. By age 12 he knew of nothing else but the sea and what it had to offer. Itís also when he met a Russian captain by the name of Raimous, a Privateer, who took Marcus under his wing and raised him as if he was his own. First sailing in the
Mediterranean for several years they made their way to the Caribbean, with the lure of untold riches. Captain Raimous always firm but never without honor instilled the same qualities in Marcus as he climbed the ranks to become the 2nd in command. In a brutal pirate attack Raimous was mortally wounded. Although Marcus was able to rally the crew and repel the attack, the closest person to a father died in his arms. Marcus is now driven to see that others donít fall prey to these rogues and brigands and protect those who cannot defend themselves.

Although this is Marcusí first command he is far from inexperienced. Serving several years under the cunning Captain Raimous taught Marcus the lessons of high seas engagements. Carrying on his surrogate fathers emblem the Black Eagle, Marcus is prepared to do what it takes to get the job done, but is not without a sense of honor. He has seen many a strange thing on the sea but discounts some of it to dipping into the stock of rum onboard. Marcus is eager to see if some of the tales in taverns are indeed true or just drunk sailors trying to impress the ladies. He often has a tune on his tongue or from his concertina when heís not commanding the ship.

OOC:

Official Forum name: BEO

Player Description: Iím Nick. Played various MMO such as SWG, DDO, EQ2. I also play other PC and console games. Iíve played some tabletop D&D with friends and love to RP.

RP to me is a chance to relax, let the imagination run and being creative on the go.

Why I would like to join: Read the society bio on the FLS forums and perused the forums, I like med to heavy RP and looked like a good match of casual gaming with medium RP.
Back to top Go down

Marcus Villnius Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Villnius   Marcus Villnius Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:49 am

Irish whiskey would have been better, but Scotch will work in a pinch! Laughing Welcome to the fight!
Back to top Go down

Marcus Villnius Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Villnius   Marcus Villnius Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Zdravistchye moi droog.

I spent a winter in Novgorod and know a little of it's language and customs; a good, hardy people.
Also, I give my condolences, your surrogate father must have been a good man and a remarkable person to sail with. I look forward to meeting you in person upon your arrival.

~salut
Back to top Go down

Marcus Villnius Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Villnius   Marcus Villnius Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:26 am

Добро пожаловать друг!

A most welcome to ye as well and i too was struck by your tale! Your father sounds like a honorable man and i know that they are indeed good sailors!

Do feel welcome here and i hope to meet you soon in the West Indies...
Back to top Go down

Marcus Villnius Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Villnius   Marcus Villnius Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:24 pm

I have recieved word of your reply and am gratefully honored. I'll be setting course for the port of Grenville with the next favorable winds. I look foward to meeting all of you.

Regards and Pliyvee Bestrashna ((Sail on fearlessly))
Marcus Villnius
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marcus Villnius Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Villnius   Marcus Villnius Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marcus Villnius
Page 1 of 1