HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Dihya Rousseau

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dihya Rousseau Empty
PostSubject: Dihya Rousseau   Dihya Rousseau Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:58 pm

Axir and Bonjour to you. My name is Dihya Rousseau, and I hail from a place my father, and likely your people, call the Barbary Coast, though that is not the name I know it by. Until recently I have been operating as a pirate in the Mediterranian Sea.

My father is a Frenchman, and in the armed forces. He came to train the soldiers of my regent, Moulay Ismail Ibn Sharif, as a personal favor from the former King Louis. He could not keep his focus on his work, however, and therefore I was born, daughter of an Amazigh and a Frenchman. Let it never be said that my father was a bad man; he offered to marry my mother but she refused to convert to Catholicism and return with him to Paris.

Also to my great pleasure, my father's connections in the French Armed Forces have brought me a most interesting treasure, this lettre de marque. I cannot read it, but one of my "involuntary crew" can, and he insists that it is valid, so I have come to this "New World". By the way, I do not read or write le franšais, or anything beyond my name in my native script, so if there is any fault to be found in this letter, which he is transcribing for me, please make me aware of it upon my arrival so I can behead this "crewman" for his stupidity.

As it stands, I share your hatred of the Spanish and British, both having been thrown out of my homeland with great forcefulness and fanfare by our king years ago. Imperialist dogs, both of them! I have heard of your terrible struggle against the unlawful rule that has been placed over your homeland. We share the same spirit of freedom, and I would be pleased to fight by your side.

------
OOC: Alt character from the maker of Chantilly Angevin.
Back to top Go down

Dihya Rousseau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dihya Rousseau   Dihya Rousseau Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 1:11 pm

Fascinating, Captain Rousseau. I have had great interest in the Barbary coast of late. We must get together and discuss it at some point. One thing that does concern me is this "involuntary crew" or which you speak. This seems a trifle odd to me, as you speak of freedom but seem to hold slaves. I am afraid that we of the Highland Confederacy do not support slavery, even were they to be the hated British. But perhaps I misheard you?
Back to top Go down

Dihya Rousseau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dihya Rousseau   Dihya Rousseau Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Slave? Hardly. Why, he was a crewman on one of the ships I boarded when I first arrived here. I wouldn't have boarded at all if I'd known there was a Frenchman aboard, but they were sailing under a Union Jack for reasons that escape me at the moment, I'm sure it was a pathetic reason at that, for why would a French citizen spend time aboard a British ship? Anyway, the traitor is quite the sniveling little shrub of a man, and begged for mercy and promised fidelity to me. I agreed, but only because I was headed to the ocean. If I'd been coming into a port soon, there'd be no point in keeping him alive, as I'm sure he'd jump ship first chance he got. I'd rather kill him than let him go free.

No, von Somborn, a slave trade has never been my business, though associates of mine were quite rich doing it. You see, my king is quite fond of slaves, be they men to build his grand palaces or women to fill his legendary harem. But my ships are not a place of trade, and never has been - mine is my pride and my joy and I would not spoil it simply for a sleazy coin.
Back to top Go down

Dihya Rousseau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dihya Rousseau   Dihya Rousseau Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:52 pm

/OOC Once again, nicely done!

Bog
Back to top Go down

Dihya Rousseau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dihya Rousseau   Dihya Rousseau Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Lisette flourishes a missive with the news to her sister Gudrun.

"See, Gudrun, there are far more dangerous and bloodthirsty women captains than Ish!"

Gudrun rolls her eyes, a habit she has around Lisette. "Yes, yes, I'm sure there are. Woman pirate captains too."

"But THIS one is part of the Confederacy, or will be, or something like that..."

Gudrun ponders whether to explain the membership process once more to Lisette, and decides against it. The last five attempts were obviously unsuccessful.

"I'm sure, my dear sister," Gudrun says patiently, "that you and she will have many things in common." Gudrun says a silent prayer that Lisette may indeed find a kindred spirit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dihya Rousseau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dihya Rousseau   Dihya Rousseau Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dihya Rousseau
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: The Old Recruitment Office-
Jump to: