HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

SPECS

Go down 
AuthorMessage

SPECS Empty
PostSubject: SPECS   SPECS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:14 pm

Hey guys, it's SirRoberson...I am very sorry I haven't gotten the game yet...I'm totally missing out right now...I just need to know though what kind of minimum system specs am I looking at to need to play the game? Cause to be completely honest I don't want to have to go out and buy a new computer just to play, LoL. But if y'all can help me out I'd much appreciate it. I know I'll probably have no problem with it if I down the graphics and such way down but I'm just checking before I go and fork out the money for the game and stuff and find out I need a better computer, LoL...Well, let me know because I really want to get out there with y'all here soon.
Thank You
Sir Roberson
Back to top Go down

SPECS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECS   SPECS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:46 am

Well hello to ye friend, and not to worry we welcome all and the experience gained is easily done when traveling in groups anyway!

As for minimum specs i must say that i am no technical wizard but i play this game rather well on an aged machine myself!

P-4 3Mhz
2 Gb RAM
Nvidea 7000 + series (AGP)...

Hope this bit helps since i am not at home and do not seem to have a mind for numbers!
Back to top Go down

SPECS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECS   SPECS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:58 am

I dont have the specs of my rig or the game here handy since I am (allegedly) at work, but even if it did come down to a entire system replacement, the game would run on even a modestly priced system by todays standards. My new "supercomputer" ((that was sarcasm)) cost only 750 at best buy, not a top of the line screamer by any stretch compared to Crysis ready rigs, but still produces a lot of bang for the buck. Ill get specs of my rig when I get home for the sake of comparison, and was planning to install the game onto my craptop to see if it will run and how well (full gimp settings of course).
Back to top Go down

SPECS Empty
PostSubject: OOC Spoiler   SPECS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:07 am

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2.4 GHz)
2 Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 PCI-E (256 MB)
Windows XP Professional (x64)

I have the 'recommended' video card according to the online information and it works great. I have the resolution turned to 1280 x 1024 and it runs well. I suspect that an older video card would be OK, but I couldn't garuntee it. I wish I could get an FPS out of the play engine.

Oh, and yes, it runs without any problems under 64bit windows.

Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
Edwin Stewart

Edwin Stewart

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Character sheet
Locations: Tampa, New Orleans
Production: Ironmongery and Naval Stores (Guns, shot,repair items, keels, frames, planks, mast, spars, sails, rigging, tar, etc Everything but assembly)
Requirements: Ores and logs

SPECS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECS   SPECS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:29 pm

Besides the video card, I would say 2 gig of memory is a requirement. My machine only has one, and I think I am getting slow load times and laggy behaviour because of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

SPECS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECS   SPECS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:55 pm

I had one as well and addin' yet another makes a huge difference!
Back to top Go down

SPECS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECS   SPECS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:08 pm

Thanks guys! Looking at what you've all told me and then at my own system specs I believe I may be okay...what I have is a Gateway 825GM and it's all stock. I could use the expandable RAM up to 2GB...and a better graphics card...but otherwise I think I'll be okay if I dull down the graphics and stuff down a bit...if you wanna check the specs out yourself just go to Google and type in Gateway 825GM and the first link should go to a screen where you can check it out...so if you could or want to check it out for yourself and let me know your opinion and what you think I should do. Thanks again guys.
Sir Roberson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SPECS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECS   SPECS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPECS
Page 1 of 1