Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In doubt...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:29 am

My dear friends 'o the Confederacy!

It is with pain in my heart that i am in serious doubt concerning my role as well as character! This has in no way to do with anyone or the idear behind the society i must say.

It is just that as a character under French colours in no longer feel much enjoyment to say the truth! I have put quite some time in getting where i am today but as ye all will understand, when in doubt it might be better to start anew and follow your heart!

Do not think that this is in any way easy as it truly pains me to admit this, since i have come to know so many 'o you and see you all as friends!

I have not found another society so let there be no doubt about that, so that most certainly is no reason. As a group 'o likeminded people you are the best i have ever played a game with, any game for that matter and for that i owe you all thanks!

What i will be doin' is not very clear even to me but i will remain on Bonny since i have come to see her as my second home to be sure!

Fair thee all well for now and i am lookin' forward to at some point meeting you on the seas once more!

Henk...

To be honest i have not (yet) deceided to leave or anything but i will very likely not be online for some time, Jack knows much about my current situation so feel free to ask him should you wish to know more!

Jack i have been open about much to you and it really is ok if anyone should want to know more about it, feel free to share the things we talked about i have no secrets from friends...

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:14 pm

You already know how I feel about it, so I won't repeat it. Best of luck to you, Henk.
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:37 pm

You will be missed Henk, should you decide to leave. Many will hear of your tales of heroism from mine lips. I hope things work out for you Henk Smile
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 1:38 am

Dang! I'm really going to miss you, Henk...I hope you come back to us when you can.

Jack
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:49 am

What! Owl's gone??? He was one of my top confessors but not in this I'm afraid... So since Henk says it was fine to share the reasons behind his leaving, do tell! Unless it is something of a personal nature or others involved may not want it to come out or some other good reason... but otherwise, I'm a curious kinda guy and I'd like to know why we lost Owl!
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:00 am

Friends i do owe you all some explanation into my doubts so to speak!

Two years ago my world fell apart when my ex wife deceided to betray me as well as our children. I did what i felt was the right thing and helped her move to her new home where we were supposed to be living together!

After that i went to live with my parents and only 28 days after that my father died! You can imagine that i am not well, and the fact that my ex wife never paid any bills during our marriage is also what troubles me greatly since all that falls upon me now! Even two and a half years after she and i parted ways and i had to say goodbye to my children the bills keep piling up and i see no clear way out of my predicament!

I need to bring order to chaos and honestly do not know where to start, i do have great help from my girlfriend who is the most honest and sweet lady i have even known and my children who mean the world to me!

I tell you all this because i have come to see many as real friends and that is a fact! I will at some point return if all goes well but for now i will have to take some time away from it all, eventhough i really like to drown myself in history as it were!

Thank you all for your kind words and support you are indeed a rare breed of fine people!

Henk...
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:58 am

Aye, that is the sad but true story of our Dutchman as he's told it to me. My advice has been and continues to be to stick with the link to HC and don't let go. This is a society that can see its friends through the rough spots I do believe. Besides, our Owl is one of the more colorful characters we have and bottom line is I don't want to loose him.
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 10:53 am

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Jack. I think you should stay, only if you show up once every six months, no one would begrudge you. I share a much similar story to you, to a point it is almost spooky. I find this a place to escape and that is priceless in itself. I know there are times coming up where I am going to be missing for periods because I am straightening things out, and I am afraid that I really want to be active but can't during these times, but IRL is reallity and that must be taken care of. You add flavor to our society and that is something that can not be replaced. It is better that you can be like a fine wine enjoyed every so often that not at all. Okay, that was a creeepy analogy, but hopefully you get the point!Embarassed
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 12:31 pm

Jack McBain wrote:
Aye, that is the sad but true story of our Dutchman as he's told it to me. My advice has been and continues to be to stick with the link to HC and don't let go. This is a society that can see its friends through the rough spots I do believe. Besides, our Owl is one of the more colorful characters we have and bottom line is I don't want to loose him.

I have to toss my hat in this ring, I know I'm new but I know a good Society/Guild/Kinship/Super Group, whatever they're called in the game you play, can really help you pull through. Even if they can't, an RP group can help you have a place to go to just escape the drama and annoyances of our world and, as you said, 'drown yourself in history'.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:41 pm

Well thanks for the explaination Henk. Thats completely understandable and I agree with the others that I hope we still continue see you around. Blessings!
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Very sorry to hear about all of your troubles, Henk. And I completely understand if you need to take time out; to judge from your account, RL will probably require a lot of your time, time that you can't (and perhaps shouldn't) devote to the game. But this society is bigger than the game, as others have pointed out. Lord knows that you along with many of us were having a great time before any of us got a chance to play the blessed thing. If you do decide to leave, it goes without saying, but friends say it just the same, that you will be sorely missed. But if you decide to break from the game for a while, that doesn't mean that you can't drop back here for a spot of conversation, to play around in an ongoing RP story, or anything else we happen to be doing.
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:55 pm

I am new to the society and only hope my stay here can help the community. Hope you do stay Owl, if so, I look forward to roleplaying with you.
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Serafie Lesleque wrote:
I look forward to roleplaying with you.

Most kind indeed, i would like that as well milady!

But to be honest it is not just real life that has caught up with me, as said before and also in a certain thread in which many already have participated, i have somewhat lost touch with my character and to tell truth when that happens it might be better to start anew!

Fear not i shall seek ye all out, one by one eventhough that sounds rather strange i should say! I will look forward in meeting you once more and pray it will not be through the smoke 'o cannons!
Whenever i do pick up the game (most likely somewhere in the coming days) i will start anew and concentrate on the economy part as well, rest assured that i will be willing to trade anything in the near future but that will take some time!

Hope no one will be mad at me for this but to be honest i have always had issues with the French colours, or the Brits, Spaniard and even the Dutch had they been a choosable faction! I fear i will chose my own path from this day forward and will sail under a black flag once more!

I wish to thank all for your kind words, and especially on a day such as this when a man "comes 'o age" as it were and turns 40 (well yesterday actually the 2nd)!

Not a small gift in the least i say, the words of those i have come to know and have fought with either in battle, economically and even eucemenically!

Thank you all...

Henk...
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:57 am

Oh that will be fun if you are a Pirate, we could have some very interesting RP then.

Here is what Serafie has to say about pirates

"Hmm, the only pirates I have come across were weak and foul. I dare wonder if there is a gentleman or lady among their lot. Oh, is that a silly queston?"

See you in game sunny I can't get enough of it, this first week has been amazingly fun.
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:42 am

Both I, and the character Chantilly, are a touch heartbroken at your decision. But, as has been said, you will make for an interesting pirate friend of the HC. Fair winds.
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:05 am

Please your words do not make my deceisions any easier i must say, i am trying to find my own path once again but i will miss you all without any doubt. My time with you was the best in any game i have played thus far!

Madame Serafie, better lock your cabin windows at night for i will seek you out at some point! How could i not i wonder...

And to all ye highlanders rest assured that i seek your friendship once more, as well as the occasional trade opportunity and let no man nor woman doubt me intentions as well as integrity! Many know me a to be a gentleman so indeed this will make for some interestin' roleplay indeed!

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Ye'll be missed friend, and I hope you find happieness.

That said, don't think I'll go easy on ya if I see you sailing alone under the black flag!
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Me going too.. See my 'I Quit' post for why. I'm off to play me xbox and to have some fun.
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Shotgunbadger wrote:
That said, don't think I'll go easy on ya if I see you sailing alone under the black flag!

I expected no less, but do be warned there are some that actually have sailed with me and know fer a fact that i lack any common sence when fightin'!
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:27 pm

I prefer my enemies to lack common sense. It makes them sink faster. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Owl wrote:
Shotgunbadger wrote:

I expected no less, but do be warned there are some that actually have sailed with me and know fer a fact that i lack any common sence when fightin'!

You sir, are either a mad man or a tactical master, either way it will be a fun battle!
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 9:40 pm

Wilhelm von Somborn wrote:
my enemies

I always suspected as much when ye were eyin' me from a distance Hessian!

Well so much for me wantin' to be the eyes 'n ears for the confederacy... Suspect
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 9:47 pm

Actually, I'm hoping its infectious.

You know we love you. In that platonic way...
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Wilhelm von Somborn wrote:
You know we love you.

Suddenly i feel sullied 'n rather unussual, but i understand and the feelin' is entirely mutual let there never be any doubt about that!
Back to top Go down

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 5:36 am

On a side note, you are no longer a "member," but rather an "ally." I do hope this doesn't sadden you too much. If it does, you know what to do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In doubt...   In doubt... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In doubt...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy Guest Forums :: The Dockside Inn-
Jump to: