Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

William Brown

Go down 
AuthorMessage

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:33 pm

(( Well, let's give this a try, shall we? Smile)

IC Intro:

To whom this concerns:

This letter is being sent by an ally and supporter of your Confederacy. That being said, this letter is sent to you under the upmost discretion due to the request that is about to be made unto you. I urge you to consider the addition of a dear comrade who has proven himself worthy of any society to your ranks. While this may not seem like a large request, i must explain further. The person in question is African. As you know, this is not the most ideal time to be of that descent unless servitude is your goal in life. I am pleaing with you to help protect his freedom should you choose to. This land should be a land of new starts, and opportunity for all from oppression. He has gone through great lengths to acclimate himself as a Frenchman and to this new world. I apologize for the ambiguity presented in the letter and sadly, more details on his situation cannot be given for safety reasons at this time. Enough has been stated already. There will be means prepared for further dialogue should you be inclined to take up my offer. Just keep your eyes and ears open.

[the letter is left unsigned, no trace of where it came from present except a seal of the French flag where the signature would go.]

Character Description: William Brown is a man with nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Displaced in this new world, he's looking to survive, build a new life, and find people he can trust. His former French allies are mostly gone now, being caught smuggling him around and executed by the British. He could only watch from the shadows as they were hanged. Due to these events, he has a strong hatred and mistrust for the Dutch and English, with a growing trust towards the French. He hopes to one day bring freedom to his people by smuggling them out of captivity or buying them out. He also hopes that by his actions and that of others, French society will make a stand for his people and champion his cause of freedom for all.

Player Description: Hello everyone! I'm a 24 year old guy that loves MMORPG's and has RP'ed in a lot of them. I'm mainly active in City of Heroes on the Virtue server, Eve Online, and this game. I'm a college student working towards a degree in Sequential Art. I love to write and love to draw just as much. There's a lot more to say, but i think this is good enough for now. Wink Really want to know more, just ask.

Official Forum Name: willblade

Profession: Freetrader

What is RP to you? RP in a MMORPG to me is engaging the world put in front of you and getting the most of it. Interacting with your characters, other people, and the environment to really bring it alive in a much more dynamic and worthwhile way then you could do otherwise. RP in these games is something that establishes and can foster close knit gaming communities which really make the game worth playing and paying for.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy? For the character, it's his chance to find allies and people he can depend on. For me, I would like to join because i love to RP and this is the most active and organized group i've seen in this game so far. With the lack of French players (which is hopefully changing) and societies, it's really good to see a society bringing a strong representation for the French. It seems like the kind of group i'd like to be a part of.
Back to top Go down

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:22 pm

The five men sitting around the table with McBain looked at each other and wondered what was not written in the short, cryptic message he had just read them.

These were the men Jack trusted most for insight when matters got tricky and the message he just shared was as tricky as he had read in a long time. They were his trusted inner circle. The ‘welcoming committee’ he liked to think of them as. The ones who first helped the broken and scarred that came to the Highland Confederacy, many seeking support, others participation.

Henk Owl sat to his right, the first among equals and the first to step forward when Jack asked for assistance. Owl himself was broken by his past yet refused to quit. Next to him sat Benoit Bontecou, a true friend who’s agile mind and sharp blade saved Jack more than once. Then there was Whisky Pete, always on the lookout to put in a good word or helping hand to the new ones after they arrived and the one who knew Henk like a brother. Finally there were the Scotsmen Argll Campbell and William MacNeil. Argyll who always looked at both sides of an argument to seek the truth and William, whose wit was relied upon for the difficult business of writing Treaties and who had the wisdom to acknowledge his own hot temper.

Jack looking up at his compatriots says, “We know little from this letter, a benefactor trying to assist a soul in his transformation from slavery to freedom. That we should aid in this cause I am sure, but I have not the slightest idea what to do next. Who the petitioner is we do not know, who the petition is for, we do not know. Have ye any advice? How can we move forward on this cause?"
Back to top Go down

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Whiskey raised a glass and said 'to me mudder and fadder!' Wiping his mouth he continued, 'While my father made sure I would not know the indentured servitude me parents suffered, I know of the hate it breeds. I would be honored to have ye at'our sides lad! Slainte and welcome!'
Back to top Go down

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:17 pm

Amiable fellow, we spoke a bit on the docks.
Back to top Go down

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:56 pm

I would also like to vouch for Monsieur Brown. I have found him to be a good and kind man, and he would be an asset to us.
Back to top Go down

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 9:34 pm

I have met Monsieur Brown twice now and he is an amiable fellow. I think he would do well in our ranks.
Back to top Go down

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 9:52 pm

I wish i had the "honor" 'o meeting him, however i seriously doubt he would have liked that me being Dutch and all!

And to hear those words uttered by one 'o the men i would give me very life for, it pains me dearly Jack that i could no longer bare it all and left for unknown waters! Do expect a letter or word from me at some point in time though!

OOC: like level 15 or so, when we can at least talk decently....
Back to top Go down

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Then welcome, Mr. Brown to the Highland Confederacy. There be a number of members who vouch for ye. Take yer time to do some pokin' into our stacks o' letters, missives, and other communiqués. Tis the best way to get a good idea of what's happing at the moment. Yer encouraged to contribute as you feel inclined.

Again, Welcome William Brown...

Jack

(ooc)
I've added your name to the Recruit list in potbs. When you're on the burning sea just ask if you have any questions. In game any of our members will offer help but you're particularly welcomed /tell Benoit Bontecou, Argyll Campbell, William MacNeil, Whisky Pete, or myself. We're the official welcoming committee Smile We look forward to getting to know you in game.
(/ooc)

Last edited by on Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 2:09 pm

OOC
Great to talk to you the other night, William, and I'm glad you decided to take the plunge and check us out. I think you'll find that as a "misfit" you fit right in!
Back to top Go down

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 2:05 am

Ish is delighted to count you among mein friends!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

William Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Brown   William Brown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

William Brown
Page 1 of 1