Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Someone Good With Flag Making

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Someone Good With Flag Making Empty
PostSubject: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:02 pm

Okay, I'm in need of someone's skills and craftsmanship whom can make a few flags for me. I would greatly appreciate it. Just drop in and let me know if you would be interested in doing so. Thank you very much.
Sir Roberson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:01 am

Mate i know 'o one that is truly an artist, in fact he made my flag Whiskey Pete!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:04 am

Thank you Owl, but there are several artists in this Society. Just look at our beautiful sails Emile made! Sir Roberson, I would gladly assist you if you just let me know what you are looking for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:04 am

As can I. I have a shop that has a gallery of some of my work up as well. It's free to use to Confederacy members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 10:22 am

Right 'O mateys...I know not of which of you to choose for the task at hand so I will put forth the plans as such: I am looking for several flags.

1. The first flag will be my personal flag. I need a flag made of my family's coat of arms banner with the blue background, chevron and 3 golden and or yellow boars heads(if you could also make it look a little weathered, not too much, but just enoguh to be able to tell it could be from the time period)http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/qx/roberson-family-crest.htm
  2. The next seperate pictures I'm not sure would look better as banners or as flags, so I'll leave that for you to decide and be creative with. For the background colors and other details I leave to your creativity. The following pictures are: http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/folklore/images/kelpie1.jpg http://www.lizaphoenix.com/encyclopedia/images/kelpie.jpg
  3. And finally the last thing I want is for my sail or possibly just another flag. The Scottish flag with the HC intials on it. The rest of the details I leave to your creativity, surprise me! Very Happy

Thats pretty much it so go at it, let me know when you're done, and let me know how much it's gonna cost me for your time. Thank you very much lads.
-Sir Roberson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:57 am

Speaking of flags..How do I access some of our artists work in game? I'd love to be able to display my affiliation with the highland confederacy but Im not sure how to get a flag and sails. I went to the guy in charlsefort but when I clicked on the flag or sail option nothing happened. Im assuming I need to drop a file into an appropriate folder on my HD to access it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:09 pm

THTremere, if you go to the POtBS website, you will find all you need to know at this link; http://www.burningsea.com/page/uc/2d
You have to have flags approved before you can buy them at Charlesfort.

Sir Roberson, here are two quick ones for your appraisal. With your coat of arms, I took the heraldry and made it a flag, rather than try to get the detail of your coat of arms to show up on that size flag. For your kelpie, I took one slightly less ornate and put crossed claymores in the background. Let me know what you think.

Someone Good With Flag Making Roberson1xw3

Someone Good With Flag Making Roberson2sn2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:24 pm

I almost forgot the third, sorry sir!

Someone Good With Flag Making Roberson3wb0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:25 pm

Amazing! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Wow, nice Pete. If you could, could you possibly make one for me?

What I'm looking for if you choose to help me here is an Irish flag (green background, golden harp) but with crossing claymores like you did sort of in that last one, except blade up if possible. But if you have other things to do and don't really have time, i'll understand:). But either way, just if you can, just post what it looks like here for me if you can, thanks:D.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:46 pm

No problem Malcom. I will try to have it for you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Alright, I have to go out of line for this response but HOLY CRAP!! Them are some D*** good flags you made there sir! Thank you very much! I kinda felt dumb for asking you so soon for them because I won't be ingame with you guys for a couple more weeks, but when I am I'll be on every day until August, then I'll be leaving for some REAL Naval Combat training...until mates! Let's gut us some Lobster Backs!!
Thanks again Whiskey Pete Very Happy
I'm still very amazed by how beautifully you created those flags and percisely how I imagined them to be as well. Right good job you did.
-With Much Appreciation and Gratitude
Sir Roberson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:22 pm

Alright, I submitted the flags...now when I get into game remind me to repay you Whiskey Pete, fore Sir Roberson never forgets a friend, nor a debt or favor to one. Thanks again Pete. And shall our canons ring with the sound of freedom into the timbers of the Brits and our colors fly higher and truer then that of our enemies.
Sincerely
Sir Roberson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:11 am

Malcom, Sir let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Someone Good With Flag Making I1564350_Malcom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:13 pm

WOW! Thanks Pete, I EXTREMELY appreciate it:shock: Very Happy. Been wantin something like that for a while now, but thank you very much. I'll use it as a perasonal flag. But thank you SOOO much Pete, thank you. If there is anything I can help you with in-game, just let me know, k? I'd be glad to. My uncle's said he'd help me submit it later, but thank you so much:D. Its really nice:shock:.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:18 pm

Liam,

Sir, you said something Celtic along the lines of the Harp. I did not want to do just another green flag yellow harp so a researched a little and decided to use a lot of St Brendan, Irish monk and Patron Saint of Sailors. I used both his ship and his cross which is 4 fish to make a cross. I'll let you decide if you like these or if you want something else.

Cross with Harp

Someone Good With Flag Making Liam1vz8

Cross Stylized

Someone Good With Flag Making Liam2xh6

Harp with Celtic Tri

Someone Good With Flag Making Liam3cj5

Harp with Celtic Wreath

Someone Good With Flag Making Liam4vl4

And Harp with St Brendans Boat

Someone Good With Flag Making Liam5ku4

Let me know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Thanks very much Pete, all of these look great! I have submitted my two favorites.

Please vote for them here:

http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=uc/viewItem&item_id=26358
http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=uc/viewItem&item_id=26360
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:24 am

Dear Whiskey Pete, I regret to ask this of you for fear of not appreciating your generousity of doing all these for us. I thank you very much for the previous works of art you've done for me. If there is ever any way that I can repay you then just send me some mail in-game or seek me out and I shall answer. I must ask of you two last things dear comrade. I am looking for a pattern for my sail, if it is at all possible for you to find or even use the previous Kelpie image to come up with some sort of interesting design for a sail I would be most appreciative. And anytime you ever need anything don't forget what I said, anytime, whenever, whatever. Very Happy
Thank You Very Much
Sincerely
Alec Roberson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone Good With Flag Making   Someone Good With Flag Making Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Someone Good With Flag Making
Page 1 of 1