HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Victory at Port de Paix!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Victory at Port de Paix! Empty
PostSubject: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:43 pm

I am please to report that the forces of France have won a Glorious Victory over the forces of scum and villany at Port de Paix. A force, largely made up of free traders and naval officers, soundly defeated a pirate force of superior numbers. While an exact count is not available, reliable estimates place the pirate losses in the vicinity of 21 vessels. French losses were light, estimated at 4-8 ships. A more exact total is difficult as many french left quickly in an effort to reinforce the defenses at Fort de France.

I will post the formal dispatch to the HC leadership once my wounded have been removed to hospital and other critical repairs made.

Liam O'Connell
Rapparee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Huzzah! It is indeed a glorious day for France.
Back to top Go down
Edwin Stewart

Edwin Stewart

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Character sheet
Locations: Tampa, New Orleans
Production: Ironmongery and Naval Stores (Guns, shot,repair items, keels, frames, planks, mast, spars, sails, rigging, tar, etc Everything but assembly)
Requirements: Ores and logs

PostSubject: Re: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Well done!

I wish I could have been there!

I have added my comments ro Bognor's about Roseau.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:31 pm

If you get a chance, post which map was used, and anything about the tactics -- successful or otherwise.

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:45 pm

Captain O'Connell,

My most sincere and heartfelt congratulations on this news. Pressed on all sides, our true colors are revealed not in days of peace and ease, but under the gun when we are put to the test.

We will not be found wanting.

My only regret was that I could not be there, having been called away to attend to personal matters (OOC - work. Monday noon Port Battles are tough for me).

Any Confederate members that have lost ships in these most recent battles, I would be only too happy to provide ship's provisions for any replacement vessels you may commission. I offer these goods free of charge.

Once again, congratualtions. You have my admiration and friendship.

Signed,
~~M.Baudelaire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:19 pm

That is great news, Congratulations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Well done indeed, so anyone care to replace my ship?

I have been harrassed by other French for some time now and it would appear that that will place me in some awkward situations in the near future!

Good luck friends...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:28 am

Dearest Owl, while our bounty is a friendly sort of wager, I am afraid you have put yourself in that precarious position. If the harrassment is too much, you know what to do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:42 am

Aye, mate we know what to do! That is to fire more cannons!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:44 am

Indeed we do Pete!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Victory at Port de Paix!   Victory at Port de Paix! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Victory at Port de Paix!
Page 1 of 1