Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Patrick Wolfe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Patrick Wolfe Empty
PostSubject: Patrick Wolfe   Patrick Wolfe Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:01 pm

A small flame shielded by glass flickers as a gust of wind blows through the open window of a tiny room above the local tavern. A young Irish lad sits at the desk lit up by the primitive lantern. He stands up and walks across the room to close the shutters, "A storm is a brewing," he thinks to himself as he looks out onto the night's sky. His face is soft and tanned from the many days out on the open sea; his hair nearly touches his shoulders and is relatively ungroomed. His eyes are a deep emerald green that tells a story of man full of passion and ambition. He stands shoulder to shoulder with most folk and his body is hardened from sailing.

He had set out some years before from the clutches of the British and headed to the New World to seek refuge with colonies of the French. He left everything he knew in hope of fame and fortune. He life's dream has been to make a name for him and his family and will stop at nothing to achieve that.

The man closes shutters and returns to his seat, and begins to ink out a letter,

Dear Highland Confederacy,

I have been in a search of a society for sometime that brings others with my story together in search of fortune amongst this new world. I would like to be a part of your group if you are in fact actively recruiting. I am not very seasoned but am wanting to learn from those of you who are. I have no ties to Britain any longer and wish to see them banished from these isles and their oppression of our countries stopped. If this letter gets me nothing more than an interview with your lead captains, then I will be grateful. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Signed,
Patrick Wolfe

OOC:

Player Description: My names Jordan and I'm 20 years old. I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada and love to spend most of my freetime when I'm not working snowboarding and gaming. Snowboarding is pretty much my life from October to end of April as not only do I ride all the time but work in a techshop that services skis and boards.

Official Forum Name: Patrick Wolfe

Profession: Privateer

What is RP to you?
Role-playing is what makes an MMORPG to me. I have played countless MMOs and now I have grown tired of not really ever losing myself in the game. Now I always aim to get on the rp servers of each game I play. I love character growth and creating stories.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy?
I would like to join the Highland Confederacy because you guys seem way more active then other groups on the main forums. You also have a story which suits my character very well as I chose to make an Irishmen that escaped from British territory to seek refuge with the French. I really want to be in a group that facilitates RP and seems like you guys do it the best.

Patrick Wolfe Pattywolfery0
Back to top Go down

Patrick Wolfe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick Wolfe   Patrick Wolfe Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Welcome within us Captain Wolfe

We are always happy to greet an Irishman who want to join us against Britain.

If you have questions or need help, I and all Confederates, will happily try to be serviceable.

Mam
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

Patrick Wolfe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick Wolfe   Patrick Wolfe Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:43 pm

Captain Wolfe, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I see you have already met one of our fine crew. You will find the Confederacy a firm friend to any and all fleeing the English yoke and looking to make a name for themselves in the Caribbean; these can be dangerous waters to travel alone, and no mistake.

In your letter you mentioned that you had "escaped" Ireland and fled to this part of the world. What circumstances could have driven you to flee your native land? I pray you to not consider such a request indelicate, but my responsibility to my fellow Confederates often requires that I forego civilized conventions of propriety and restraint.

We are grateful for your interest in our society and look forward to learning more about you.

[OOC: Welcome, Patrick. We're in the middle of a bit of reorganization at the moment, but we're definitely recruiting. Just to give us a bit more of a sense of you, how long have you been playing POTBS? You mention not being very "seasoned" but we have players of all levels here.]
Back to top Go down

Patrick Wolfe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick Wolfe   Patrick Wolfe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:10 am

[ Hey! Thanks for responding. I started playing about 4 days ago and rerolled yesterday cause I didn't find much RP on the Spain side of things so I went french. I knew I would find rp on the french side cause I had already researched the Highland Confederacy. ]
Back to top Go down

Patrick Wolfe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick Wolfe   Patrick Wolfe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:33 am

Captaine Wolfe,

We welcome your application to our societie. You will find amoung us expatriates, such as yourself, who have a 'dislike' for the Sassanach. The crew of the 'cruach mor' look forward to meeting ye.

((Patrick, A grand name for this fine day. If I or any of the other captains of the Confederacy can be on any help or you need any advice just ask throught these boards or in game.))
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

Patrick Wolfe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick Wolfe   Patrick Wolfe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:42 am

Captain Wolfe;

I will offer you a hand in welcome. ((Grasping Hand and Elbow)) Just remeber we welcome strangers regardles but those that betray us are swiftly delt with, but I am sure you are not one of those.. well mostly sure. Is there a particular time you like to pertrol the sea as my son Danivar Larkin would be most interested in hearing of his native land. Well the closest thing he has to a native land.

Namo Larkin
Ship Builder
Back to top Go down

Patrick Wolfe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick Wolfe   Patrick Wolfe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Welcome Captain Wolfe, (eyes the new recruit carefully for signs of sheeps clothing)
Always good to see ambitious youngsters around, keeps us on our toes. If ya get Deoiridh's approval I'm sure we will see you in the confederacy soon enough, if you aren't already. I look forward to meeting you.

As the economic assistant to captain Namo, I'm always currious What the new recruits plan to trade in. How do you plan to make your fortune in the new world Sir? Should you need assistance in this area you can talk with Namo or myself.

(Bognor and myself do not live far from you, we are in Seattle, Though we are a bit older. A clue would be over twice your age What a Face. I don't see either of joining us you on the slopes. But hopefully we will get to kill brittish and pirates with you Very Happy )
Back to top Go down

Patrick Wolfe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick Wolfe   Patrick Wolfe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Welcome, Kapitain Wolfe. While my sister Lisette is the more active sailor in our family, with 30 voyages, I need to get more time at sea myself, as I only have 10 voyages of experience. Should you see either of the von Kleins about, and are in need of assistance, or just some practice in formation fighting, do not hesitate to let us know.

~ Gudrun von Klein

((I'm typically on 11pm-1am Pacific time. If you're a late night gamer too, that'd be great! Gudrun is my trader alt, and at lvl 10 might be a potential group-mate.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Patrick Wolfe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick Wolfe   Patrick Wolfe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patrick Wolfe
Page 1 of 1