HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Victor Aumont

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Victor Aumont Empty
PostSubject: Victor Aumont   Victor Aumont Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:47 pm

Dear Highland Confederacy,

I send this letter in the hope of enlisting into your society. As I write this, myself and a few others seeking fame and fortune have left port from France heading towards New France. Even with this giant mass of water seperating us, your name has reached my home and given this new recruit hope in a dream of victory and riches. Once I do reach Charlesfort, I do plan on becoming a privateer as it's my dream to live free while serving the country I hail from. I am terribly sorry for ranting on like so, it's just this voyage is so dull and the foods stale. But I would honestly face this one hundred times over if I just get the chance to join the society I heard so much about.

Signed,
Victor Aumont

OOC:

Player Description: My names Ben, im 21 years old and live in Sanford, FL. Most of my time I like to fish and relax on the river. During the colder times I like to head into the dense forests and camp out while hunting for wild game.

Official forum name: Loredo

Profession: Privateer

What is RP to you? Personally a MMO without the RP is really not interesting enough for me to play. I feel people need to get into the story of the game and join it instead of playing for loot.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy:
I would like to join the Highland Confederacy because you all seem very helpful towards people new to this game. Also hearing you take RP seriously I knew this was the Society for me.
Back to top Go down

Victor Aumont Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victor Aumont   Victor Aumont Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:58 am

Captain MacTamhais opens the letter of application from Victor Aumont. He ponders the words written on the salt-stained page. Thinking about his maiden voyage from the Old World to Charlesfort he replies:

Captain, We all have faced the boredom of the long voyage to the New World. Some have spent it writing, reading, or in meditation. Whilst others have spent the hours in, shal we say, other persuits. We welcome your application to our Confederation. It is heartening that our reputation has spread. I have passed your application to our officers and one should be in communication with you soon.

If I, my crew, or my agent Jean De la Motte can assist you in any manner please take the liberty of an inquiry.

Captain Ruiseart MacTamhais
From the cabin of the 'cruach mor' of the west coast of Florida
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

Victor Aumont Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victor Aumont   Victor Aumont Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:44 am

To my dear Captain Aumont,

I am pleased to hear that the Confederacy's reputation has reached even to Europe. I hope your journey goes well and that you are pleased with what you find here. The New World does offer many opportunities and perils alike. As such we can always use another able-bodied Captain in our company so I welcome you aboard and look forward to meeting you.

One of the officers will ready the paperwork for your arrival (send you your invite in game). Safe sails!

Your Brother in Christ,

Bishop Aidan McDermott
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Victor Aumont Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victor Aumont   Victor Aumont Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 3:06 pm

Captaine Aumont,

Seek me out as soon as you arrive. I can show you where the best food and wine are to be found. These highland fellow are great comrads but they have strange notions of food and drink. Welcome to the new world.

Gratien du Four
Captaine of Frigate
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

Victor Aumont Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victor Aumont   Victor Aumont Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:51 pm

The day was fine--of course--hot--of course--but unusually still. The crew of the Rire de Dieu had set up a canvas shelter on the quarterdeck and carried up a small writing desk from the captain's cabin. Working through the ship's correspondence, Deoiridh at last came to the packet of papers delivered that morning by Captain MacTamhais' cabin boy. She turned immediately to the latest application to join the Confederacy's cause.

"Interesting," she murmured to herself, "He says news of us is now common in France. What kind of news, I wonder?" Taking a small knife from the desk drawer, she sharpened a new quill and began to write:

Dear Monsieur Aumont

It is with great interest that I read your request to enlist in our humble Confederacy. I am flattered and honored to know that our small efforts to combat English tyranny are now more widely known in France. And I assure that your name also is not unknown to me. We have our agents in France as well as in the Caribbean, and our ships Monsieur are considerably faster than those for hire in the public ports!

I wonder, however, what brings a Frenchman to seek refuge with a group from such a radically different background? Do not mistake me, we have many fine French captains sailing with us. But many of them have, shall we say, their own reasons for allying themselves with. . .well, let us be honest, a group that many, especially on the English side, would class as little better than brigands. Some of our fine representatives of gallic culture would, it must be said, be in no hurry to announce themselves to the nearest French magistrate"s office! To speak plainly, we all of us in the Confederacy have a past. If there is something that has necessitated your departure from France then I encourage you to speak plainly about it.

I am sending this letter to the Port Captain who will deliver it to you on your arrival in Charlesfort. I have paid for a messenger to await your reply in the tavern; I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

I remain, your humble servant

Deoiridh D'Alembert
Merchant Captain

[OOC: Victor, a pleasure to make your acquaintance in-game last night; my apologies for the forum foul up but thanks for bringing it to my attention. We're thrilled that you are considering joining us. As I mentioned last night we have no level requirements or anything like that; indeed, we're looking forward to gaining more players who have just picked up the game.

I did want to hear a little more about how you see your character fitting in with the backstory of the Confederacy. As you can see from the public part of the forums, we spend a lot of our time in RP, and the core of the Confederacy is a vision of a collection of individuals representing groups that have suffered under the oppression of the British. Some of our members, particularly the Scots, have historical ties with the French. And we have French captains who play a variety of roles within that story (some have been official liaisons representing the French government, for example). But for our Welsh, Scots and Irish members, the alliance with the French is a convenient means to an end.

So what do you have in mind for where you want to take your character as part of this story? This doesn't commit you to anything (lord knows several of us have changed character direction!) but given that we aren't a French society in the normal sense of the word, what brings Victor Aumont to seek out the Confederacy?]

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Victor Aumont Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victor Aumont   Victor Aumont Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:54 am

Welcome,
I noticed you in Society the other night but didn't realize you had just arrived. My oppoligies, I get so wrapped up in my work at times I don't pay enough attention to those around me. I look forward to sailing with you.

You will find the New World filled with many hostile ships, I advise you to stock up on Ammunition and Ship patches. You might also concider upgrading your ships Guns. I can help you with these things if you like, I sell goods to society members at cost.

Oh, and welcome aboard. It is always an exciting day when new members arrive. (even if you are too busy to realize it at the time)
Back to top Go down

Victor Aumont Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victor Aumont   Victor Aumont Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:43 pm

Monsieir Aumont, welcome to the Highland Confederacy! There are a few Gaelic phrases you'll want to know:

Failte (pronounced falt-che): welcome

Feasgar math (pronounced feshgar ma): Good afternoon or Good evening (as a greeting)

Oidche mhath (pronounced oidhya va): Good Night (as a farewell)

Cleaidh Mor (pronounced clay more, and yes, that's where the English term "claymore" comes from): Charge! (Useful for when you're going into combat)

Sassenach: derogatory word for Englishman

Alba gu brath (prounced alba gu bra): Scotland Forever (also useful in combat, particularly against Sassenach)

Haggis (pronounced, well... haggis): a very tasty dish made out of barley and, hmm, various interesting and nutritious parts of a sheep. Oftentimes used as a spread on bread. And don't listen to Gratien about about Scottish food.

Pipes: a traditional Highland musical instrument that when played well, can make the heart beat faster, make the sword arm long for a Sassenach to kill, and fill one's head with visions of mist rising off the clear cool loch; but when played poorly, causes nausea, headaches, and a bloodlust to kill the offending piper. Needless to say, novice pipers practice in very very empty glens at very very odd hours, long after respectable types have gone to bed.

I hope this little Scots Gaelic phrasebook helps you understand your Scots Society fellows just a little bit better.

Failte!

Captain N. Gaunson
Frigate Atalanta, off Tampa
Society Seamstress/Sailmaker

(If I've not given you a flag yet, do please ask me the next time I am on)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Victor Aumont Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victor Aumont   Victor Aumont Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Victor Aumont
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: The Old Recruitment Office-
Jump to: