Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kapitan Otto VonStrippen

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Empty
PostSubject: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 7:31 pm

((A letter delivered to the Confederacy headquaters by means of a French courier.))Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Highland4
========
Who am I?
Name: Bill Stripp
Forum Name: bstripp
Profession: Naval Officer
Ship: MC Raa, among others.

What is RP to me?
While developers can create content for their games, no matter what they do, it is static and plays nearly the same for everyone that enters. The only content that can approach the depth of novels is player generated. That is the main reason that I enjoy playing in character. I want to have a reason for my character to be in the game other than just to farm mobs or DBs. RP makes the game fun to play.

Why would I like to join the Highland Confederacy?
I have been looking for a group that does both RP and PvP, with an emphasis on RP. I have met several of your players in game and a good friend of mine Nicole, has recently joined. The game is just more fun if you care about the characters as more than an amalgamation of pixels and I think that HC would give me that feeling.

========
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 7:41 pm

Ish met Otto von Strippen in Grenville last night, and was most impressed by his acumen and well-spoken manner. Ish was also impressed by his lady-friend, but will say no more on that matter.

Now that he has tendered a formal letter, certainly there is someone with sufficient influence with the French admirality to see that the proper papers are signed to second him to us. If noone has such influence, Ish can take up his cause myself, or if a more diplomatic approach is needed, Ish can ask Gudrun to spread the appropriate amount of doubloons into the appropriate pockets.

~ Lisette von Klein
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 7:54 pm

Bonjour Captain Von Strippen,

I remember that we met in Grenville. We already have some sail business, but as we are having more and more shipwright, another sail provider may be a good thing.

Au plaisir de vous revoir,

Mam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:17 pm

Good to see your letter. I hope you find us all that you hope for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:02 pm

Nicole wanders into Lisette von Klein's office and notices a parchment on her desk. The writing is very familiar and her heart skips a beat. Glancing around she moves forward slowly, hoping beyond words it is good news from her cheri and deathly afraid it is a note telling of his demise.

Glancing around again, knowing what she is doing is wrong, but her halfblood pirate heart could not beat without knowing. She reads the note and puts her face into her hands weeping.

"Mon cheri is ok. He is ok." Wiping the tears from her cheek, she flushes and grins a smile of smiles. There was no act of control that would wipe the look of happiness from her face and she quickly departs to tell her son that Otto had applied to the Highlanders.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:01 am

Captain Otto VonStrippen;

I have seen you around a few times in my travels and it is good to see your interest in our group. I too was suprised a bit to see you in the Tavern the other night. I was probably more suprised in your knowledge of politics of the regions that pull us together. As a person who has seen and meet you before I would say welcome but as an Officer of the group there are some more details of why you would want to leave Flat Earth Society. understand the pressure you might be under from others, we have even gotten some from a couple that was once in our group and now run with the rats. While I might disagre with what may or maynot have happened with a couple of FES members, Loyalty is another matter.

I would like to speak with you a bit more in private as may some of our other officers. Rest assured it isn't your Loyalty that is in question at the present but we have had problems with the Loyalty of others we have let into our circle and now wish to minimize its effect.

Namo Larkin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:39 am

Kaptain,

We met soon after your arrival in Florida and before your affiliation with another society. I have also seen you in varous ports during my travels. I look forward to meeting you again soon.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:43 am

Otto;

I would like to thank you for your time today and your response. I have forwarded it to the rest of the officers so they may be informed. I would think we will be able to reach a consideration shorly. Thank you agian and I will see you on the Seas.

Namo Larkin
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:59 am

Having heard no objections I would like to wellcome Otto into the Highland Confederacy.

((I don't know if I have the spelling wrong or you have to be online but I haven't been able to add you to my friends list. Next time your on Otto send me a PM or find any HC member and have them shout on the society chat.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:32 am

G'day, mate. Welcome aboard.

*reminds himself to be wary of yet another German in the Society*

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: laughs   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:01 am

Nicole walked by the posting board and saw a new note tacked up by the town's criar. Thinking to herself it's just going to be another notice dictating a new regulation or even worse some new pet idea the Magistrate got into his head, she stopped anyway and read it.

Bursting out in happy laughter, Nicole danced around in circles then down through the street, grabbing a startled citizen here and there and dancing with them. She got stares and mutterings about how she must be touched in the head and how could the French Navy allow such a woman amongst them. Nicole only laughed more and finally made it to her ship and up the ramp to the Captain's Deck.

Her crew gazed at her wondering what good news had set her off. They looked over the side hoping it was new barrels of Rum and Ale, then looked glum when nothing appeared. It was only then that her Foreman whispered that Otto must have been granted acceptance to the Highland Confederacy that her crew grinned to one another and went back to their work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:04 am

Uups-

Pardon monsieur Namo-

His name is Otto VonStrippen. Cap the S and I bet it will register.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kapitan Otto VonStrippen   Kapitan Otto VonStrippen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kapitan Otto VonStrippen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: The Old Recruitment Office-
Jump to: