Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...))

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...)) Empty
PostSubject: I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...))   I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...)) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:19 am

((Sorry about the double posting, but I was in a rush to leave and thought I could simply edit my post, if a Mod could delete my first 'incompleate' one I would be thankful))
Good day to you all, I am Henri "Sheepdog" LaBranche, Captain by luck and fortune in his Majesty the King of France's Navy. Perhaps you know my family, or rather The LaBranche Tradeing Company, father has made his fortune on the dimwitted English and Pirates. From selling sawdust taken from English Sawmills to the English as tea, to selling pre-brewed tea to pirates labled as rum.
But enough about Father, he may be a self-made man and I was but a child when he made his fortune, but he has taken to the arostricy fairly quickly, and as the eldest son I have been forced to take in the mannerisms of the gentry, such as fenceing. I was neither spoiled nor had a harsh childhood, I was destined to have a place in the family company, and did indeed, untill the tedious trips of sailing with cargo began to take its toll. I enlisted in His Majesty's Navy, and while father was outright against my abbandonment of the business, I did happen to advance quite quickly in the ranks, I assume on his behalf.
During one patrol the Captain and Firstmate were killed in action, and I stood up and took the helm, barking orders to load canister and prepare to board. When I returned to port with 2 prizeships I was granted command, which I now partake to this day, a favored tatic that has earned me my nickname is that of getting within stabbing distance of an enemy, and pounding them into submission with anti-personel shot forceing them into the wind, makeing them easy prey for my crew, not to mention avoideing the need to repair the masts of my future prizeship.
No as to why I would align myself with a lot whos only a letter of marquee away from the noose? I havent the foggiest idea, maybe your haterid of the British matches or even exceeds my own, maybe its that Ive been called Privateer by many a Dutchman smuggling goods bound for an English port. But either way, Im sure youll welcome me and my cannon to the Confederacy. Id attach a sail to an empty winebarrel and afix a cannon to its bunghole and sail head on towards a British fleet, probably even more confidant if there were Irish Welsh or Scotsmen aboard as brave as you lot, waiting to slice a few throats while the British are laughing at my makeshift gunboat, and such a nice prize that Ship of the Line will be.
((Michael, 21, Hawaii; Im cant remeber at the moment what my FLS fourm name is, but its probably Ikaika Kekai or General Ikaika or something along thouse lines, Ive been rping off and on, starting with Star Wars Galaxies, expanding to other games includeing WoW CoV/CoH and a bit of RP on SecondLife (((although I probably wont talk too much about what I RP there with you lot))). Im sorry to say that I might not be on that much in the comeing weeks, my class scheduel is weird and I have a long commute to get to campus, not to mention RL issues I must deal with. Looking forward to RPing with you guys, and more importantly, sailing along side and no longer being a lone wolf. Smile ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...))   I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...)) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 3:31 am

Thank you for your interest and letter of introduction. I assume the Navy has approved and directed you to seek us out? In any case, a Confederacy officer will contact you soon.

~Captain Flowers~

Last edited by Cathern Flowers on Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...))   I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...)) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 3:52 am

Captain LaBranche,

I read your tale of your experiences in the regular navy with great interest. Please be assured that one of our officers will contact you to discuss your intentions.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...))   I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...)) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:25 am

Blessings Captain LaBranche,

I was grateful for the opportunity to sail with you last week. In these troubled times it is just as importaint to know a mans character in battle as it is to know of it in other affairs. And you proved your self most commendable!

And any man who respects the Irish well enough to sail with them aboard a barrel is a good man in my books. So if the French Navy is willing to loan you to our service and cause then how can we refuse? Welcome aboard Captain!

Your Brother in Christ,
Bishop Aidan McDermott
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...))   I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...)) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:34 am

Bonjour monsieur Henri

I did sail with you as well and found you to be a tenacious and brave individual. You sailed with a small fleet of us and were badly outgunned. You stuck your feet into tar to keep from getting shot off your captains deck, barked orders so even I could hear them and sailed with us into the teeth of metal hell.

I am a bit of an enigma to the Highlander Confederacy and even now sometimes eyebrows are raised in my direction. They have offered me their care and guns and are willing to allow me to work my way into their hearts.... Don't you just love the Scots and Irish? Such fierce loving peoples.

Look me up again, anytime and whether or not you join oor family (oh my god... I am starting to speak like them!), I ood be glad to sail with you.

*walks off shaking her head, thinking her father must be swallowing mud from the deeps at her departure from the language of love... French.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...))   I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am Herni LaBranche, and this is my story...((Sorry...))
Page 1 of 1