Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redeployment to the New World

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Redeployment to the New World Empty
PostSubject: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:37 am

((Hi all, remember me? It's certainly been a while, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if you didn't... but I hope I at least left some impression...?

Very Happy Anyway, I'm posting here to say that I should be back in Pirates soon... and am quite curious as to the state of the RP in game. Would anyone care to fill me in?))
Back to top Go down
Edwin Stewart

Edwin Stewart

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Character sheet
Locations: Tampa, New Orleans
Production: Ironmongery and Naval Stores (Guns, shot,repair items, keels, frames, planks, mast, spars, sails, rigging, tar, etc Everything but assembly)
Requirements: Ores and logs

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:53 pm

Welcome back Emile.

RP I think a little lower on Antigua than on Bonny, but it is still running in the undercurrents. That said, most consider Antigua the most RP friendly. I would say that it is RP-lite and that it is well tolerated. (see my POTBS therad where Ian (my cousin) called an English player out.

It seems that the server reduction has resulted in creating servers that have uber-groups (not really societies, but serious PvP and RvR players who have formed a cohesive orginization) who basically control the tone of national RvR. That means on Antigua that a fair amount area inter-nation chat can be rather ...heated... and not very gentile. There are those who will engage in RP but do not expect it from everone.

Is there anything you need right away? You can call on me or Ian (Stewart) anytime if we are ingame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 7:24 pm

Thank you Edwin for the welcome and the offer. Adding your cousin to my friends list will be my first order of business once I'm back in (you're already on it, assuming it wasn't wiped by any recent patches). As for needing anything, beyond needing to install the game and needing to get back to typing up the IC explanation for my abscence, I really can't think of anything... I do, however, have two desires. The first, that I can call upon the Confederacy as friends, and the second, that you will allow me to use your board as a place to post my stories. I won't presume anything though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:16 pm

Welcome back Emile.

Anything you may need, simply ask, it would be a pleasure to help you get back in the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:34 pm

So what news from France?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Forgive me, but I think I would rather relate that in person... I find it rather hard to believe these letters will not fall victim to prying eyes...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:03 am

G'day, Your Honor! Good to see you hale and hearty after all this time.

/ooc
My playing time has dropped precipitously. I am on dialup, and am often subject to 1 min+ lag spikes within the Antilles east of La Isabella. That, of course, is the prime PvP area. Obviously, if I am lagged out I can't PvP very well.

Since I am not much of a PvE player, there's not much for me to do but the economy, and that pales after a while.

The loss of Bonny not only hurt the RP, it made it almost impossible for a limited PvP player to get into port battles -- almost the only PvP I ever got on Bonny was in PB's.

Bog

Edit: I am still working on Edeor MacGregor's story however. I have a story for Bognor Regis as well, but I find Edeor's story more attractive. (Tragedy is alway better, eh?) Maybe I will finish someday.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:19 am

Welcome back Emile it will be good to once again see you on the seas. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:19 am

How could we do anything but welcome one of HC's founders?
A toast to your return! Good to see you again friend. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:26 pm

I came in the Confederacy when you left, so we did never really met but anyway I welcome you back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:21 am

Thank you, again, for the welcome... I hadn't expected it to be quite this warm Smile

If it pleases you, I would like to see if we could arrange some type of RP session where old friends meet up... and perhaps find marked differences in each other's manners (mostly on my part Very Happy). Probably on Martinique if possible... let me know.

And that's unfortunate Bognor... I hope we'll see each other at some point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:21 am

Welcome back Emile. I like Mam did not know you well before your absence. I look forward to meeting you again.

MacTavish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redeployment to the New World   Redeployment to the New World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redeployment to the New World
Page 1 of 1