Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair Empty
PostSubject: A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair   A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Greetings to the Officers and Members of the Highland Confederacy,

I am writing to inform you that the Admiralty of his honorable majesty, Louis XV has assigned me to liaise with your group in the Caribbean. You may wonder what the navy wants with a trading guild? Well his majesty wants to protect his investments and interests wherever they lie.

Have no misgivings though, I am a Scot it is because of this that the Admiralty feels that I am right for the job. I sailed with Bonny Prince Charlie during the Fifteen and I support his claim to the throne and will gladly return to Scotland once he is proclaimed sovereign.

I look forward to sailing with you and learning of your operation.

Your humble servant,

Gerard Blair, Captain

Character Description: A bitter looking, pinched face man, Gerard Blair is no friend of England, nor is he a fan of the Catholic church. He is a staunch Calvinist with a seminary background who was driven from his homeland by supporters of the Act of Union. He fiercely believes in the Stuart Restoration because he longs for a free Scotland and knows that though they be Catholic, the Stuarts had a policy of religious tolerance.
He joined the navy after his experiences during the Fifteen and took to it rather well. However his Calvinism and his independence did not suit the courts of Paris so it was decided that the Caribbean station could use a competent officer and there was that Scottish trade confederation out there…

Player Description: In real life my name is Collin. I am an ordained Presbyterian minister. Don’t let the “man of the cloth” thing scare you though, being Presbyterian (USA) means that I enjoy a glass of scotch or a beer as much as the next person and my language can get salty at times. Calvin’s idea of Total Depravity really sits well with me.

Official Forum Name: Nilloc

Profession: Naval Officer. See Letter and Character description. If I need to justify it anymore then I can.

What is RP to you? RP is a way to enjoy these games in a way that I feel they were intended. Most MMO’s have background in table top RPG’s and so do I. I want to be able to bring that fun and community to the game. Otherwise it just becomes about killing the other dude and crunching numbers.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy? Scottish heritage for one. You best believe I will be partaking of that blessed elixir and sometimes be playing in my kilt. Also I like the RP side of things and this period of history. Scottish rebels are just a thing of glory.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair   A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:06 am

Good to meet with you last night Captain. I look forward to helping you adjust to the area and will answer any question you might have.
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair   A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:05 pm

It was also a pleasure for me to meet you last night, Captain Blair. I am sorry I was so occupied with economic matters that I couldn't converse as fully as is my wont. As part of my manufacturing ventures I produce shot, and if Captain Larkin, the old slavedriver, has left me any manufacturing capacity free of a week, then I will be happy to fit you out with some shots at something less than the rapacious prices on the Auction House.

[Welcome aboard. Also watch out for Duncan Lochartte, which is my lower-level privateer Alt; he'd be happy to help out with missions, etc. I also have a good friend, Henri Despar, who is currently playing a NO and may be able to answer any questions about that career as well as group with you if none of us are around].
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair   A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:25 pm

Welcome to the Carib captain. A fellow highlander is most welcome. I look forward to hoisting a draught iof fine scotch with ye. Wine and rum seems to be the drink of choice of these parts. As soon as the Cruach Mor is out of dry dock, I shall see ye on the high seas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair   A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A letter of posting for Captain Gerard Blair
Page 1 of 1