Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a delivered letter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

a delivered letter Empty
PostSubject: a delivered letter   a delivered letter Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:45 pm

To my former colleagues of the Highland Confederacy,

It is with a contrite and meek countenance that I find myself once again requesting admittance to your most honorable society.

I realize that my dealings have not always been conducted with the
soundest of judgment or the most kind of intentions, and for that I can
only beg of you understanding of circumstances under which such things
were done. I make no excuse for myself, but can only hope that perhaps
you will be more gracious and reconciliatory than I have been in the
past.

Please know that I have no expectation of a warm welcome from you, nor
do I believe myself to ever be so entitled again. I simply ask for a
place to call home again and a cause greater than myself in which I
might yet find purpose in this lonely existence.

With my most sincere humility,

Celestine "Chantilly" Angevin
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

a delivered letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: a delivered letter   a delivered letter Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:41 am

Well as I recall your leaving last time caused alot of conflict. However you were not alone in this there were others. Due to our long standing procedure inacted after your departure I have for now reinstated you as a memeber. I will be watching you closely for a time just to make sure I am not wrong in my feelings. I too left in heated words once not from the Confederacy. I understand your caution on returning. It took me along time to attempt my return as well. I am not sure about your intent but I can tell you that in my case the fear of what might happen was far worse than what did.

Trust takes time to mend but I can tell you if amoung friends it takes less time.

Namo
Back to top Go down

a delivered letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: a delivered letter   a delivered letter Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:33 pm

I was but a recruit in the Confederacy when you left. Deeds speak louder than words. If Captain Larkin danes to give you a second chance I shall also.

MacTavish
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

a delivered letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: a delivered letter   a delivered letter Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:07 pm

She stared at both letters, the original from Chantilly and his reply, then placed the both on the desk and looked across at Captain Larkin who was seated across from her, absent-mindedly digging into the heel of one boot with a small knife.

"I concur," she said, "You made a good decision."

"Only time will tell," he replied. "I can't say I'm easy about it in my own mind."

"Understandable, Namo. But I've spoken with her several times; fought alongside her when Emile dragged us along to that "easy job" in Puerta. It's hard to explain but she's not the same Chantilly. She's different, somehow."

"I know, that's what worries me," he said, meeting her gaze for the first time. "Different is what worries me. I don't like different."

"Hmm. Not that I know what to make of it myself. It's like she's more impulsive and more subdued at the same time. I want to say that she's. . ."

"She's what?" he said sharply, catching hold of the hesitation in her voice. She let her eyes stray to the letters and then back to his again.

"Broken. You haven't been able to find out anything about her since she left us?"

"Nothing we didn't already know. After the Company broke up it was as if she dropped off the face of the earth. It's not easy for someone of her stature and renown to disappear like that."

Deoiridh stared at the letter, willing the handwriting to yield some clue about the writer.

"Chantilly, Chantilly," she murmured half to herself. "What is it that you've seen, then? If I didn't know you of old I would swear that you are running from something. What brings you back to us now? We're a poor hiding place, to be sure."
Back to top Go down

a delivered letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: a delivered letter   a delivered letter Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 pm

"Sara, see that a messenger delivers this." The young woman cuttsied, took the letter then departed to find a messenger. Sara wondered what it said and dared a peek, it wasn't wax sealed after all.

Welcome Back

~Cathern Flowers~

Sara was disappointed at the lack of substance of the letter. Oh well, that would teach her to be a snoop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a delivered letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: a delivered letter   a delivered letter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a delivered letter
Page 1 of 1